X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: Everyone stop right now!!

Originally posted by Sideways_In_SD
    YOU'RE JUST RIDING CHAS' D!CK!!!!
    Dont try and keep it all to yourslef, i like to share my sasuage.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Everyone stop right now!!

OK Mike on your marks, get set....
      Alright...

The first thing to understand is that AWD systems are different from 4WD systems - AWD intellegently redirects power away from spinning wheels to gripping wheels (rear to front on rear-biased, front to rear on front-biased) Depending on the biasins, a full-time AWD car will drive either the front end or the rear end and only redirect power when needed. 4WD directs either full power rear, or full power 50%/50% in most cases (with high and low settings where applicable).

For rear-biased computer controlled transmissions (Subaru, Audi) you can probably disengage the slip sensors by pulling a fuse, uncoupling a computer connection, or something of the sort, depending on the nature of the system (it is car-specific, generally). Rear-biased systems will send 100% of the power to the rear as long as the rear isn't slipping, but with disengaged sensors, the computer will never know ::mischevious laugh:: If you are going to switch the car to RWD permenently, you may want to consider removing the front half-shafts, which will have the same effect as getting lighter wheels and improve braking as well as other things.

Front-biased systems are a little trickier, and will often only direct up to 50% of the power rearwards (most differentials will only be able to handle 50% of engine output anyway). Even if you can get all of the power to the rear, introducing more power to the system can be detremental to engine parts, especially since most front-biased systems have transverse mounted engines and you will be turning the direction of drive 90 degrees. This can be done successfully, such as VW's FWD.

I'll post more as I think of it, unless you have specific questions - hope this helps!

-MR

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Everyone stop right now!!

Originally posted by Chas
        Dont try and keep it all to yourslef, i like to share my sasuage.
        Not if I rip that little cocktail wienie right off and tack it to your left eyebal with a dirty hypodermic needle.

And by the looks of you, you need to start sharing more than your sausage, you need to share your whole meal you fat bastard!!!

MR-
        Just what I was thinking. I just didn't want to bother without more details of the layout. I hate generalizing

Comment

Your sick.

Comment

Did he say a dirty fat bastard and the eyeball of a needle....wait or was it a needle with blue eyes and a bastard son of a fat guy wearing phatfarm jeans.....wait I got it. Vermins gonna kill Johnnys mother at the savoy theatre at 3 oclock....pass it on

Bastich

Comment

one question.. WHY!? if you have a 4wd or AWD and want to drift. learn the AWD drift.. buy a RWD or dont; drift at all.. I dont; mean to sound harsh but a 4WD or AWD was made to be 4WD or AWD.

What I can see happenign if you were to remove the front half shafts and lock the diff is added stress on the centre diff (provided your car has one) if you do not lock the front diff all the power will go to it and you won;t move. lock it and suddenly its spinning like mad tryign to redirect all the power to the *Censored**Censored**Censored* end and thats NOT what it was made for!

iuno.. I think its just a plain bad idea. if it has FWD lock out. cool. if not dont; even bother. just asking for un-needed problems.

Comment

And by the looks of you, you need to start sharing more than your sausage, you need to share your whole meal you fat bastard!!!
                That was harsh!

Comment

Awwwww.....

Originally posted by Weapon X
                  That was harsh!
                  Save it for momma!!

We have a apecial relationship (he's my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*)

Wanker

Comment

Re: Awwwww.....

Save it for momma!!

We have a apecial relationship (he's my *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*)

Wanker
                    I dont think thats how it really is.

Comment

ok sideways, how was what mranlet said ANY different than what i said?? I have already taken apart and but back together two AWD systems and a SUV part time 4wd system. what awd systems have you worked on?? i know what i am talking about, what i said is applicable to almost all types of awd/4wd, and more specifically cars which would most commonly be used for drifting. was i wrong? no. i was just simplifing. stop b!tching

Comment

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                        ok sideways, how was what mranlet said ANY different than what i said?? I have already taken apart and but back together two AWD systems and a SUV part time 4wd system. what awd systems have you worked on?? i know what i am talking about, what i said is applicable to almost all types of awd/4wd, and more specifically cars which would most commonly be used for drifting. was i wrong? no. i was just simplifing. stop b!tching
                        You call it simplifying, I call it generalizing, or bullshi!tting.

Not trying to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, (I was, but I'm not now) but I noticed a lot of people on these forums flaunt knowlege by generalizing everything they talk about. I noticed most of these people don't know sh!t if you ask the right questions. I also think a lot of these people get their knowlege from similar dumb-a$$ questions asked on forums. So to alleviate this viscious-circle-of-bullsh!t; I like to get some details on the subject (whatever it may be), then go from there. I'd rather not waste my time answering some ascnine question on "How do I convert my 240 from a drifter to a glider??", etc.
                        If you're really gonna do, cool, I want to help/contribute. But if you're just a silly kid with too much time on his hands and likes asking stupid questions because they enjoy watching everyone toot their own horns, and get into an intellectual uproar over something that's not real/doesn't exist/never happen, GET BENT!! I'd rather do my own hemoroid removal.

I'm can work on any 2 wheel, 4 wheel, or all wheel drive vehicle whether they be driven by transfer case, transaxle, PTO, or hydrostatic drive. I lost count of how many I worked on after the first few years, but I finished my Navy schools in Dec. 95, so yeah that's how many.

And I won't stop bitching till I have a full-ride gig as a team driver somewhere. Sorry if I torqued your titty too hard, I'll be more gentle next time

Comment

You call it simplifying, I call it generalizing, or bullshi!tting.

Not trying to be a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*, (I was, but I'm not now) but I noticed a lot of people on these forums flaunt knowlege by generalizing everything they talk about. I noticed most of these people don't know sh!t if you ask the right questions. I also think a lot of these people get their knowlege from similar dumb-a$$ questions asked on forums. So to alleviate this viscious-circle-of-bullsh!t; I like to get some details on the subject (whatever it may be), then go from there. I'd rather not waste my time answering some ascnine question on "How do I convert my 240 from a drifter to a glider??", etc.
                          If you're really gonna do, cool, I want to help/contribute. But if you're just a silly kid with too much time on his hands and likes asking stupid questions because they enjoy watching everyone toot their own horns, and get into an intellectual uproar over something that's not real/doesn't exist/never happen, GET BENT!! I'd rather do my own hemoroid removal.

I'm can work on any 2 wheel, 4 wheel, or all wheel drive vehicle whether they be driven by transfer case, transaxle, PTO, or hydrostatic drive. I lost count of how many I worked on after the first few years, but I finished my Navy schools in Dec. 95, so yeah that's how many.

And I won't stop bitching till I have a full-ride gig as a team driver somewhere. Sorry if I torqued your titty too hard, I'll be more gentle next time

G - Dog

Comment

Nate Dogg n Warren G gonna regulaaaaate.

Comment

Working...
                            X