No announcement yet.

(REMINDER) D1 GRAND PRIX USA May 2, 2009 Anaheim, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!Hell Yeah! I been waiting since they announced that they where going to be back in the USA. Can't wait to see experienced drifters against new drifters its going be pure excitement because the grassroots drivers are going to give it their 100% to show off what they can do and get sponsors. Going All the Way from Central Cali on May 2nd.

Comment

Reminder;
      Less than 2 weeks

Comment

this guy flipped when he heard about the new d1 updates. i can't wait.

Comment

I am wondering how big are going to be the updates that they didn't want to post any before or right after formula d event.

Comment

Hey Everyone,

We are gearing up and we have been working all day today (Sunday) trying to bring the best we can to you. It's hard to believe this journey that has been over a year in making, that has consisted of several trips back and forth to Japan, standing in the freezing cold at these wet Japanese tracks watching these guys drift, the long hours in meetings with the Japanese, the frustration over the language barriers, the patience of translation, the 3-4am work hours and the fight against the powers that be will all come down to 8 hours of an event that will happen in just a few weeks. No pressure!?!

People.. we have thrown everything we've got into this one and quite honestly, it may be the best event I have ever done with the best team I
            have ever worked with. That is really saying something because I never thought I would ever create something bigger or better than HIN nor did I ever think that I would work with better.

Onto the event. This is a big event and in fact, it is huge. The bigger announcements will come tomorrow and in the days leading up to the event, but I can tell you that we have a good number of drivers registered thus far, more than 300 show cars already pre-registered, 130 Gumball Rally cars and celebrities showing up to do a parade lap and to show off their rides and our vendor / sponsor midway is nearly sold out. We have had to expand the space of the venue and the new venue map will be up shortly.

Beyond that we have motorcycle stunt shows HPI RC Drift Track, Shifter Kart Demo's on the main track, live music on stage by the reunited members of Sublime, performaces by the Speaker Junkies and more. All pre & post party info as well as new additions to our staff will be coming out tomorrow. Look forward to meeting all you drifting.com fans at the event. I'm tired!

Rich

Comment

The suspense is killing me. It will be tomorrow in 1hr 8 minutes and counting. This event is going to be huge from the looks of it.

Comment

Thanks d1 i know i am to witness the best drifting event ever to hit the usa ON may 2nd.
                Last edited by drift2thextreme; 04-19-2009, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drift2thextreme View Post
                  Thanks d1 i know i am to witness the best drifting event ever to hit the usa ON may 2nd.
                  LOL, now we are just over hyping this thing.

Ive seen better driver lineups from D1 back in 04/05/06/07

You better hope our local privateers come out and put up a real fight and not the "I'm just happy to be here" routine. Because if not we will be seeing a nomuken vs kumo battle and thats almost as snoozville as rhys vs sam for the 1st and 2nd.

You can keep your gumball cars, your live music, and your hot chicks... the stunt show can stay.

I'm coming for the fun intense cultured competive drifting!!! And thats it....

Do we even have a title sponsor yet?

pardon the grammar.

Comment

i wish they would just send all the d1sl cars and drivers. thats a whole new world right there. i mean look at this stuff.

Comment

D1 where are the updates?

Comment

Originally posted by D1GP USA View Post
                        The bigger announcements will come tomorrow and in the days leading up to the event, but I can tell you that we have a good number of drivers registered thus far, more than 300 show cars already pre-registered, 130 Gumball Rally cars and celebrities showing up to do a parade lap and to show off their rides and our vendor / sponsor midway is nearly sold out. We have had to expand the space of the venue and the new venue map will be up shortly.
                        Yeah. Where are the jaw-dropping updates? This is what the D1 of old used to do...say they're going to do this and that and not come through.

I'm an FD jock-rider and I, too, have been getting caught up in all this
                        D1 hype.

With regards to the 300 show cars? I am hoping that it will be 100% JDM cars. I really don't want to see any cars with Lambo doors and 26" wheels with all the bling-bling going on. That stuff is for HIN, not Drifting.

On with the updates.
                        Last edited by OldSkool510; 04-20-2009, 06:15 PM.

Comment

D1 you only have the new track layout and the new competition staff members on your website but you guys posted that yesterday here at drifting.com on your updates section you still have that the finnish are coming.
                          Originally posted by d1gp usa View Post
                          we have had to expand the space of the venue and the new venue map will be up shortly.

Last edited by drift2thextreme; 04-20-2009, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Hype

You two...Oldskool and Drift2 started all of this hype! Haha, chill out, the news is good, but relax, its all mellow, nothing so unbelievably insane, just more right steps in the right direction for D1.

Comment

one small step for d1....tons of flying drifts for everyone!!!!

common ali! lets put a lil bump right after the initiation point!

itll be the hibino super special!

Comment

Ha! I know exactly what you're talking about! I love Hibino for that exact reason! Good ol' flying Hibino drifting like a bat out of he'll! I hope with that with the success of D1 we'll be able to bring over the likes of Hibino, Shotgun Tezuka, and yank Kazama out of retirement for some Japanese cowboy drifting! However, I know for a fact that in addition to the pros, we've got some up and coming drivers who will definitely turn some heads like Hibino did before he was known too.

Comment

Working...
                                X