No announcement yet.

(2007) NOPI Drift Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you have an SCCA, NASA, or FIA lisence do you still need the nopii license?

Comment

I'm guessing YES, because you don't really drift in any of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
        if you have an SCCA, NASA, or FIA lisence do you still need the nopii license?
        Yes. The licenses required are either a NOPI License, a Formula D license or a D1 License.

Comment

what is required for the lisence? medical forms, track schools, corner work. or do you just pay and get one.
          also can you give me an idea of what safty equipment is required to pass tech? what type of rollcage, seats, and harnes are required? also is a fire extinguisher required?

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            what is required for the lisence? medical forms, track schools, corner work. or do you just pay and get one.
            also can you give me an idea of what safty equipment is required to pass tech? what type of rollcage, seats, and harnes are required? also is a fire extinguisher required?
            In order to obtain a NOPI License you have to register/drive in a licensing event in '07 (Drift Fury already gave out 7 licenses at our last event in Nov.) and earn at least 12 points during judging to be given a license. The first licensing event will be at the Myrtle Beach Speedway on January 13th. All of the information has been posted here for that event (including the safety requirements they have in place to compete in their event).

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=13

There is a link in that post
            http://www.driftfury.com/howyouarejudged.pdf that tells you what we will be looking for when you are judged. There will be a course walk at each given event to tell you SPECIFICALLY what we will be looking for while you are on course.

The next scheduled licensing event is in Ennis (Dallas), TX - March 10, 11 at the Texas Motorplex

The following scheduled licensing event is in Phoenix, AZ - March 16th at Firebird Raceway (which is the Friday before the actual competition).

You can find the NOPI Schedule here http://www.nopidrift.com/?nav=schedule

There will be several more licensing events hosted by www.driftfury.com and our schedule will be posted by the end of this month.

As far as safetly equipment, as posted in this link http://www.drifting.com/forums/showp...6&postcount=13, the NOPI rule book is in the final stages and if you have any questions regarding that feel free to contact caleb@nopi.com

Comment

thanks for the info tracy!

Comment

Originally posted by aaronlosey View Post
                thanks for the info tracy!
                NP since I will be sleeping at your house in TX :P JP!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy View Post
                  NP since I will be sleeping at your house in TX :P JP!
                  my house is about 4 to 5 hours from the track, but my house is pretty big, if you need a place for 20 or so people to crash, it would be the place : )

Comment

thanks for coming to texas!!

also i wouldnt stay at aarons house.. he likes watching people sleep...

Comment

Originally posted by Ameenit View Post
                      thanks for coming to texas!!

also i wouldnt stay at aarons house.. he likes watching people sleep...
                      Uhhhhhhhhhhh! Redrum!

Comment

i too have woken up with Aaron staring at me from the corner of the room

Comment

Originally posted by AAriz82 View Post
                          i too have woken up with Aaron staring at me from the corner of the room
                          He didn't have anything short, skinny and white in his hand by any chance...did he?

Comment

as a matter of fact he did now that i think back on it. I tried to ask him what he was doing but before i could do any thing he kocked me out and i dont know what happend after that but i woke up fine the next day for the event. And he said he ws never in my room and that i was dreaming but i had a big bump on my head so i dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by AAriz82 View Post
                              as a matter of fact he did now that i think back on it. I tried to ask him what he was doing but before i could do any thing he kocked me out and i dont know what happend after that but i woke up fine the next day for the event. And he said he ws never in my room and that i was dreaming but i had a big bump on my head so i dont know.
                              True story?

Comment

THE MYRTLE BEACH EVENT HAS BEEN LIMITED TO A MAXIMUM OF 50 DRIVERS DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE TO NOPI LICENSING. GO RIGHT NOW TO

http://www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com/e...r_drifting.htm

AND PRINT THE ENTRY FORM AND MAIL IT ALONG WITH A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER TO THE ADDRESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORM. SPOT PLACEMENT WILL BE DECIDED BY THE POSTMARK ON YOUR ENTRY, BE SURE TO FILL OUT THE FORM COMPLETELY AND YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE AND/OR EMAIL THE DAY YOUR ENTRY IS REC'D AND GIVEN A DRIVER #. REMEMBER, ONLY 50 SPOTS AVAILABLE AND WE HAVE HAD INTEREST FROM DRIVERS IN THE NORTHEAST TO COME DOWN FOR THIS. DON'T WAIT. NOTE THE TIME CHANGE ALSO. GATES NOW OPEN AT 7:30AM. MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING AND COURSE WALK AT 9:45AM. YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT THE DRIVERS MEETING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT

Comment

Working...
                                X