• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doriboi86
    you should go on japancoparts.com
    no such link.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPfeiffer
      So far all ive got is the LSD
      Which LSD did you end up getting? I'd like to to know how it worked out for you.

Comment

Nice selection of parts listed....see, there are plenty of part$!!

I'm using JIC Magic, Junsei ( F&R CF STB's),ARC Racing,DoLuck & Kg/mm suspension parts. Pro-Built Auto tranny by Select Performance and Preferred Image Motoring Products (We did the Electronics and Ecu work for it) , Custom ATS Rear locker-upper, PI Torque converter,etc, etc....

- The doors are no EZ task in Dry carbon, which is why (I hope) Speed Alliance charges so much, Not to mention they have to be shipped from Japan

- The stock doors weigh about 25lbs more than the hood...which is about 80 or so. You'll hear a lot of 'tale tails' about the weight of the doors...they're heavy, but I can lift it on my own, so its not the "Internet forum claim" of 200+lbs each

- The CF trunk is a waste because it doesnt really save much in weight. They're pretty light as-is. I only did it cause it hadnt been done before

The 1Jz will need major wiring and you'll need to upgrade the Turbo if you're going past the 'stock' boost level. They have ceramic fins that will break into tiny pieces and make their way into your intake

The USDM versions (2jz) use steel turbine blades and are alll good

1Jz parts will have to be flown in, since nobody in their right mind would stock any.

Comment

Nice rims!@!@

I was selling a set a while back....guess I'll go bump teh thread in the 'For-sale' section..hint,hint,hint

Comment

great info all you guyz!! i'm thinking about getting one soon(could be anywhere from 2 months to 2 years)

i have one last question- what is the weight difference between the 2jz-gte and the 1jz the

Comment

1JZ should be lighter since its 2.5 liters and da 2jz is 3 liters

Comment

They both have the same blocks, so the weight doesn't differ that much. 2JZ is basically a stroked 1JZ.

EDIT: corrected mistake.

Comment

You're too fixated on weight....

If that is one of your top concerns, then this isnt the car for you to Drift. You will ALWAYS be the heaviest on the track...hell, you'll be one of the heaviest on the freeway,street,parking lot, etc,etc... I could build this whole damn body outta carbon and it would still be heavy

Throw on an LSD, Dampers and wheels and think its gonna be a 'Drift Machine'? NOPE. Remember , this is made as a GT Luxo-cruiser. NOT a sports car.... Learn from MY mistakes: Been there and done that, before it was trendy to do so. This car is about 3400+ lbs and not ment to be thrown around, without sum serious suspension work/bracing.

Ive broken all kinds of stuff in the past

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                    Bullsh*t. EDIT: corrected mistake.
                    Too much hate...

Comment

Pallamas

Hey Pallamas you're from San Diego right? My friend with a red ae86 said he saw you at Hobby People last week and you gave him a sticker. Its funny because he was telling me about some guy with a SC300 and how it had 1 seat and was set up for drift the other night. Hey do your seats recline? Do you know any of the other SC's around San Diego. You ever go on CL never seen you around before.

Alvin

Comment

Personally, I would go with the sc300 with a 2jz engine swapped into it. its a hell of a lot cheaper to swap out an engine/tranny thats gonna cost a shitload to replace and put in a freaking crazy engine inside. thats just my two cents.

Comment

Your 2 cents areworthless. SC300 already has a 2JZ smart guy. And have something better to contribute to the thread.

Comment

that was mean and uncalled for, and is going to make baby jesus cry. Maybe he ment to say a 2jz-gte?

Yea, anyways i was wondering. U guys keep talking about stuff like a 2jz swap is going to cost way to much to do (and the same goes for swaping in a 5 speed) I just want to know, how much are we talkign about? because i know that if i start to build on of these cars up, i gots no prob doping 30k+ over a few years(assuming that i get this a car a year or 2 after college, and if i get the job as a...cop...a few places start a 50k a year so ppl please dont *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about spending that much on parts for a car, or that its stuppid because its my money and its only 6k a year for 5 years and that sounds doable w/no kids).

Comment

You can buy 92-95 SC300 with a 5-speed, and all you gotta do is turbo it. Why after college? They aren't that expensive...Well everybody has their own financial planning. Good luck buddy...

Comment

After college because I dont make enough durring the summer to buy a car and have some spending money. Also, parents wont let me get a job durring college for a few years (believe me, if i could get a soarar i would get one in a second).

Now, i have another question. Everyone is saying that you could do a 2jz-GTE (the twin turbo one, always confused. GTE or GET?) but it would cost alot of money, and a few people that have done it are sayingthat their cars still arnt running right.

Well then, if the sc300 already comes with a 2jz, could i (in the future) Yank the stock motor out, and rebuild it with some stronger componits and some lower compression pistons, new head gasket, ect and then add a turbo and drop it back in? I personaly dont see why you couldn't and why it wouldn't work. It would be just like adding a turbo.

Also, I think that the computer would be thrown off alot. Is there any companys that could take care of this problem? could i get it reprogramed somewhere? or could (feel like a nOOb asking this) I find a company that sells ECUs for the supra tt (with turbo conersions) and put that in the car to manage the motor?

Thanks alot for the help guys. And Driftgirl, Sent you a pm did you get it?

Comment

Working...
                                X