Should I get a Apexi Power FC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I get a Apexi Power FC?

I have a S14 SR20DET motor and I have heard good things about the Power FC but I am not 100% sure I should get it. I wanted to know what everyone else thinks about it?

If you don't know why you should or should not get it, then you shouldn't get it. Simple as that.

Comment

oooookkkkkk, anyone else?

Comment

Its nice.

Comment

RE:

Iunno. You could use the money you'd be spending on that on something more important... like suspension =P (I know, I know, generic answer...)

Comment

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
            Iunno. You could use the money you'd be spending on that on something more important... like suspension =P (I know, I know, generic answer...)
            lol, yea I already have a TEIN suspension...Thanks for you post

Comment

Re: Re: RE:

Originally posted by silviaguy
              lol, yea I already have a TEIN suspension
              Nice ^^

Comment

whats nice about the box is you can always tune for different upgrades, thats given also its in english. However if you have a basic area that you will keep the car tuned to there are plenty of nice ECUs that are preprogramed (MINES) and theres a ton of used ones here for half the bread. Your choice which ever you prefer you will do fine with both.

Comment

Now that is what I was looking for. some other options that I might have. thanks I will keep your comments in mind when I pick what I want to do.

Comment

Go with Microtech, the power FC commander is a biotch to tune with. The air/fuel map is like 300 little boxes by 300 little boxes and u have to move one by one and match up the air/fuel ratio. the microtech has software for a computer and makes the power FC's 3 hour job more like 4-5 mins. The microtech stand-alone is way mor accurate too.

check www.tougefactory.com

Comment

If you dont have any engine mods and your capable of running a stock ecu then you might aswell do that. Id Go with a microtech like eric240 said or a haltech if its necessary that you go with a stand alone efi. The power fc doesnt seem to have as much freedom as the microtech or haltech units do as far as tuning and user interfaces goes. If you only have minor upgrades or mods, you might want to consider a piggy back like a safc or emanage something of that nature. It all depends on how precise you want to be with your tuning. A haltech or microtech are worth it in the long run especially because of future additions you may want to do to your engine. But If anything i suggest you dont go with a pre programmed ecu, anything pre programmed cant be made specifically for what modifications you may be running, so its kind of taking a shot in the dark.

Comment

The preprogramed ECUs work perfect only when you are satified with your mods. If you stay within that area you will have no problems. The micro tech is awsome and comes with a base tune and you can also give them the info for the current mods to get a base tune from the factory to meet those mods. I dont know about the states but a tunner thats worth a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* can retune a factory or base programed ECU in no time. You might also look at NEKO they have some nice stuff as well as MINES.

Comment

NEKO corporation contact

Originally posted by driftxtreem
                          The preprogramed ECUs work perfect only when you are satified with your mods. If you stay within that area you will have no problems. The micro tech is awsome and comes with a base tune and you can also give them the info for the current mods to get a base tune from the factory to meet those mods. I dont know about the states but a tunner thats worth a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* can retune a factory or base programed ECU in no time. You might also look at NEKO they have some nice stuff as well as MINES.
                          Hallo driftxtreem,
                          I'm on an internet search for information about the NEKO corporation data change ECUs for Nissan engines. If you( or anyone else who's reading this) could help me with an contact or an internet address it would be great.

Comment

Working...
                          X