No announcement yet.

help me make a rwd civic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, true...it is MR. I didn't even really read it. A co-worker had it and the "AE86 Killer" headline caught my attention.

Originally posted by mranlet
    Yeah, but it's a MR setup, which would be tough on a coupe without the body drop...

Besides, MR cars can be tough to drift (tougher than FR at least). Of course, look who's talking - I drift the AWD :P

-MR

Comment

why build a AWD crx when you can just buy a stock AWD civic wagon(its not a DX but i think it says 4T or AWD on it, its been a long time since i researched that car). Honda built an AWD civic wagon back in the day. Its a EF chassis civic, so im guessing that some suspension parts for the other EFs would fit. In japan they ran the EF wagon with a ZC so that would be a pretty good swap for that car.

here is a site of some guy with a AWD civic: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8997/

also the AWD system on the civic wagon is an earlier version of the one on the CRV, so maybe you can upgrade the AWD system.
      Last edited by pitchedUP; 12-17-2003, 08:06 PM.

Comment

You can bolt a ZC right up to the drive train. The drive trains aernt the strongest but it's worth a shot. Ive thought about doing it at one time.
        Last edited by TokyoDrifterxo7; 12-17-2003, 09:25 PM.

Comment

wow, ive said it before and ill say it again. Hondas arent made to drift. I know some of you will say what about the s2000 or the NSX. Please dont waste your time. s2000 and nsx's are the only hondas I like but keep it at the drag strip buddy. My friend has the nicest civic and personally i think he did a good job at moding it out but if he tried to drift it I would turn my head in discust. SO Dont drift your civic. Or try to make it RWD. By the way my friend is gettin a 240 cause he cant stand FWD.

Comment

There already is a AWD civic, just make it pure RWD.

Comment

hypothetically you could make either a RWD integra or civic. The parts would be barrowed from a CRV, and the chassis would be cut to hell, but with time, money and skills, this can be accomplished. But CRV axles and driveshaft size is no where near the 240sx's. Which in turn would give you the usual weak Honda axle problem. That can be solved with more money, but I would just say F it and buy a S2000. It would be cheaper.

Comment

Well, it looks like my AWD will end up being pirated from a Galant VR-4, Eclipse GSX/Talon Tsi or EVO with the mighty 4G63T. If not the Mistubishis, then I'll see if I can get ahold of the AWD and SR20 from a Pulsar GTi-R (they come with ITB's).

I know that there was an AWD Civic. I had to make this sentence because you can't include the words "fast", "drifting" or "powerful" in the same sentence as my previous statement - it's illegal and I'll have to beat you... But really, being satisfied with the performance of the AWD Civic is like being happy with the performance of the 127-HP Integra ZXI...or the AWD Sportage.

It wouldn't be that hard to make a RWD Civic (who cares if you cut it up, there's a million of them running around) using a 240's drivetrain. Many Datsun 510 owners swap in the left-for-dead KA24's and non-LSD rear ends, which can be had for less than a grand, yank a driveshaft and some mounts from a junked car and you'd be in business.

For those who say that it's a bad idea, just ignore this thread

-MR

Comment

il definately give madd props to whoever that can pull it off. Me myself want a AWD civic, but not for street drifting purposes. Rally racing

Comment

I'll build my CRX and when I get it to work, I'll build your Civic

-MR

Comment

Yo now. Don't rag on me because I want a civic. Just because they have so many cheap pieces, swapable parts, and low insurance. If you are going to talk about your own car then just open a new thread, not to be mean or anything, but it works better that way.

No really sweet ideas so I guess skrew it.

Comment

that there is the great idea!

Comment

Originally posted by style54109
                          Yo now. Don't rag on me because I want a civic. Just because they have so many cheap pieces, swapable parts, and low insurance. If you are going to talk about your own car then just open a new thread, not to be mean or anything, but it works better that way.

No really sweet ideas so I guess skrew it.
                          If that's in reference to me, sorry Style...if you read my posts I'm on your side, but wanted to use my own car as an example to help prove your point. It's not like me to brag, but I am just very proud of what it will shortly become.

Comment

If you are using the coup base EJ then you can swap the CRV rear into it. The EG base is Identical BUT that rear diff is the weakest link and will not stand up to any power. THe best and cheepest is to use the Mazda Miata base in your car their rear assembly can be modified to bolt in. Mazda used a tork bar from the tranni to the rear diff in these to stop wheel hop and diff wrap. You can substitute it by fabbing an A member and tying it in to the rear of the chassis. The engine and tranni will fit in the whole up front but you need to fab new mounts and clear room for the tranni bell housing. You could get these peices from a donar scrap car and fab them in. Use the oil clutch slave cylinder from the civic and lengthen the hose for the Miata clutch. You will also need to swap all the wiring and ECU to make the engine run. How many performance mods are there for the MIATA you could get about 350 HP to the ground this way.

For those of you that think that a civic coupe with this set up couldnt drift GET A LIFE the wheel base and power to weight ratio would be perfect.

Comment

I might look into the CRV swap and just get a better rear differential.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by style54109
                                I might look into the CRV swap and just get a better rear differential.

Thanks.
                                there is no "better rear differential" for the CRV its a pile of crap and is only good for its intended pupose.

Comment

Working...
                                X