beginner help. . . .yeh im a dummy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginner help. . . .yeh im a dummy

yeh im kind of new to the drifting world, but where would a person who wants to start a career as a drift racer start?. . . . . .if u can.

If you want to start a career in Drifting, go to the basics. Most everyone on here has done Autocross, some have done SCCA road racing, taken classes, done all sorts of stuff. The best thing for you to do is to find the local track in your area, check out license schools and track days and start there. Unless you don't have your regular license, then that would be the place to start. Get as much experience with car control that you can, then start learning to drift. The best place is the Autocross. Regional chapters will usually have one every month. Ours was yesterday here. Go out there, meet people and talk to them. You can learn loads that way. Look for Drifting only schools or for good drivers to host a class at an event. Other great ways to go about it.

Comment

do as many events and contests as you can. film and send out videos of yourself like crazy.

thats how i'd go about it anyway :P

Comment

Find something aside from racing you enjoy and make a career out of it. Drift on the side, and if you become good and get a sponsor ship then good luck. But have another career, few people get rich of racing.. most actualy pay quite abit to race and keep there cars running.

Comment

you want a career in drifting, learn to drift better than the 8million other people that are learning to drift and trying to get a spot in the pros. I know people who want to race (nor drift) pro, they put in 80 hour work weeks to afford seat time just trying to get noticed. I really dont mean to be negative, if your good, do it and I'll cheer for you. but if you want to be a pro it has to be your whole life. ask any pro athlete from any sport. or look at the lives of olympic athletes. thats what is would take to be a pro drifter. unless your some kind of freak and are a born drifter, if thats the case I will retract my previous statment.

oh, ya, and read nissanguys article, seriously.

Comment

hey snowblind, guess what

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK.
            Last edited by Hachi Kid; 06-07-2004, 05:36 PM.

Comment

sorry for the double post

Comment

try promotion. That's what the sport needs right now. More promotion. Well, at least that's what I'm aiming for.

Comment

thx for the info guys, imma keep all ur advice in mind.

Comment

sorry for being off topic (pistol whips hachi kid...but in a nice way) but you know how it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X