Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've driven a RHD car, and it is tough to drive on the right side of the road and judge distance, btu that's why cars in the us are LHD

I don't remember having trouble with the signals or anything though, and shifting with the left hand isn't a big deal if you in the least bit ambedextrous.

Comment

Nothing wrong with LHD...unless we're given the crap version of it...I.E Silvia to 240sx...

Comment

im lefthanded and lhd is for me! i think it depends on what you get used to. i get confused when i play battlegear at the arcade cause its rhd!

Comment

Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
          im lefthanded and lhd is for me! i think it depends on what you get used to. i get confused when i play battlegear at the arcade cause its rhd!
          There is a LHD version of Battle Gear 2...I just played Battle Gear 2 tonight and I kicked the pants off of a kid who was pro at "Initial D Version 3".

Comment

its english right? the one i play is japanese thats probably the reason for the rhd/lhd initial d is whack... playing battlegear then trying that... the phsycs(spelling?) are like night and day... i prefer battlegear and my RHD s14

Comment

Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
              its english right? the one i play is japanese thats probably the reason for the rhd/lhd initial d is whack... playing battlegear then trying that... the phsycs(spelling?) are like night and day... i prefer battlegear and my RHD s14
              Yeah its in English, It has more secret cars...To unlock, when you're choosing a car at the auto maker screen, press and hold start, step on the brake once, select automaker, and hit the gas...And it should give you the cars(if you didn't know). Well happy drifting...

*It's physics...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
                I kicked the pants off of a kid who was pro at "Initial D Version 3".
                LOL, Version 3? I found out there was a version 2 like 4 months ago.

Comment

Yes version 3...

Comment

Re: Left Hand cars vs Right Hand Cars

Originally posted by Carl
                    With us the accelerator is on the right, so if we want to show off and put our leg out the door then its pritty hard cuz we have to change feet. But is it also right on american cars? so when you put ure foot out the door its your left one and, well, really easy to put your foot out the door? so basically cheating? :P
                    Yea, accelerator is on the right side, so it is easy to stick our left foot out the door, but it is harder for us to sit on the door and touch the accelerator with our right-foot unless your like 6'2" tall. For RHD, the accelerator is on the right which makes it closer to the door where your left foot can touch the accelerator easier, don't have to be as tall. Here's an awesome pic of JR Gittin of Team Falken, taken from this past Drift Showoff in Washington DC.

Last edited by S14DORIMON; 07-26-2004, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Ive driven rhd before and its just unnatural. i spent an entire day trying and i just couldnt do it... well i guess it depends on the driver. ive always wondered what would people say if you went to japan and got a lhd conversion like people do here in the states with rhd. and for some reason that car seems really tiny in that pic...

Comment

Seems like some of you are talking out your a$$'s.
                        I'm right handed, grew up driving LHD for over 8 years, moved to Japan, been driving RHD for 4 and a half years, IMO and most other Americans who live here, RHD does actually feel more natural once you get used to it. Shifting with left hand just makes sense for a right handed person, steering with right hand.
                        I prefer RHD now, if I ever move back to the states, I will for sure convert a LHD to RHD for those reasons, I like it more, I learned to drift with RHD, pulling side brake and shifting is easier for me with left hand (although im right handed).

Comment

I dont mean to be racsist or anything but many of the asian drifters are short (NOTHING AGAINST SHORTNESS, IM LIKE 5'5). Are they really that tall or long that they can reach the pedal with theyre foot, I mean its hard for me and im LHD.

Comment

Originally posted by DriftinCressida
                            sorry let me reiterate

people who are right handed shift better with their right hands, people who are left handed shift better with their left hands.
                            Not necessarily.

Originally posted by Society Mike
                            Seems like some of you are talking out your a$$'s.
                            I'm right handed, grew up driving LHD for over 8 years, moved to Japan, been driving RHD for 4 and a half years, IMO and most other Americans who live here, RHD does actually feel more natural once you get used to it. Shifting with left hand just makes sense for a right handed person, steering with right hand.
                            I prefer RHD now, if I ever move back to the states, I will for sure convert a LHD to RHD for those reasons, I like it more, I learned to drift with RHD, pulling side brake and shifting is easier for me with left hand (although im right handed).
                            Good point, I'm left-handed as well as a few of my friends and we all feel that driving LHD cars is much better for us because we all like to use our dominant hand for steering rather than shifting.

Comment

Ok, I think RHD is way cool, I drive a Celica GT-4 as a daily driver and have a LHD RX-7 for toying around in (though both are fast as can be) and I find it easy to drive and shift in a RHD (to be honest I enjoy driving it more).

Comment

I cant say much....but from the way Initial D feels (rhd)....LHD is WAAAYYY easier for me because i'm left handed. In Initial D I have a ton of problems shifting with my dominant hand and steering with my ummm......other hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X