Drifting, Where do I Start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting, Where do I Start?

Just looking to get in this sport..I have no idea where to start?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NA98; 08-10-2004, 12:44 PM.

Hey bro,
    I'm new to drifting also, and first thing you should do, is really understand it all.
    Take sometime to read this Beginers 101 on drifting.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...&threadid=3352

Comment

where you start is at the used car dealer, because you are gonna need a different car bigtime.

Comment

Bah I'd say that's his choice. I've always wanted to drift something like a beemer.

Comment

I dont have that car anymore

Well I dont have that anymore, It was fun when I did..Its an XJR Supercharged V8....I HIT 160 IN THAT!......Now I drive a Nissian Altima 97....Big change eh?

Comment

Drift

Cant you drift about anything? (as cars go) I'm 28 now..Ive had alot of cars I mean alot......and when it would snow I'd go to a parking lot and then I was just calling it going sideways but with some of my cars had foot brakes....So I got to master that in the snow...But I love hand brakes.....Since Ive moved out here to Ca. I have used my hand brake alot.Just fu$*ing around but Ive used it to slide into a parking spot or bang a u-e....
            Last edited by NA98; 08-10-2004, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Dude you can drift in just about anything. FWD, AWD, RWD! Well I guess prolly not an 18 wheeler. :P
              It's all about technique, hand brake and shifting are really just some big techs in drifting. It's not hard to pull a 180, but mastering the drift is a different story. A good idea is to going to a huge open parking lot, and start doing 180's and whatnot, then eventually you start learning to drift.

Dude, from what I have heard, the main thing you have to do it just read read and read more. Learn from as many resources as you can! And yes, Initial D helps

Comment

Groups

Hey I would like to meet other people that are into this and learn more. Do you know of any good groups?

Comment

just to chime in, you can totally drift an 18 wheeler, they do it in some new commercial, new car delivery and the driver drifts them into the shop

Comment

OMG! Are you serious... Thats awsome, I have yet to see it!

Comment

yeah if you guys havnet really looked it yet, its computer animated, just thought i should let you know

Comment

Oh I havnt even seen it yet.

Comment

i know it was animated, but it still rocked, and on where to start, try and find events in your area that have practice sessions, try and get people to either take you for a ride along, or take a ride along with you. really the best place to start is behind the wheel, drifting is more about doing than anything else, we can sit here and tell you how to drift all day but you will only learn by getting out there and doing it

Comment

Working...
                          X