No announcement yet.

Hood Scoop-Form or Function?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water wont damage anything, proper reverse venting is located just in front of the motor, so it wont affect any wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Warped
      so how do you keep water from just running through a hood vent anyway?
      Move to Socal. Haha jk.

Just don't put the vent on top of your belts. A hood vent is to allow the air to be more easily draw through the FMIC/Radiator, improving their efficiency. "Allowing hot air to escape" is a secondary function that can be acheived by raising the back of the hood a bit (hot air built up from the block/head/tranny/turbo/other mechanical bits creating energy=heat). Cooling your hot engine block doesn't make your car run much cooler, but allowing your radiator to work more effciently by not getting heatsoaked by stagnant, hot air between the block and the radiator DEFINITELY does. So running your scoop to give your "engine" cool air will do f*ck-all. And running a scoop to your intake is stupid, just run some dryer hose to that sh*t if you care so much. Air doesn't need to be forced into it, it will suck air from around it Your engine is an air pump, the more it pumps, the more air it needs, if air is available, it will get sucked into your engine. So unless you go driving your car to outer space, there is enough air in this world to be sucked into your enine!

SO go to www.d-drug.com and get yourself a nice functional quality Vented CF hood!

Comment

Sometimes i don't know why i bother with this forum. For every 1 post that is useful, there are at least 3 that post just to call you an *Censored**Censored**Censored*!. At least i'm trying something different. I KNOW A VENT IS FOR REMOVING HEAT!!! I like to make my own custom parts ok. So i'm not going to just run out and buy the first so called custom hood i see. I had some questions and i thought there just might be some adults around to give me useful answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Warped
          Sometimes i don't know why i bother with this forum. For every 1 post that is useful, there are at least 3 that post just to call you an *Censored**Censored**Censored*!. At least i'm trying something different. I KNOW A VENT IS FOR REMOVING HEAT!!! I like to make my own custom parts ok. So i'm not going to just run out and buy the first so called custom hood i see. I had some questions and i thought there just might be some adults around to give me useful answers.
          Oh I'm sorry, you were putting a scoop on your car that DOESN'T NEED ONE and assuming its function was something IT DOESN'T DO, and i gave you the info on what a vent does, how it should be placed, why, what ELSE you can do to cool your engine and....ohhh i guess its not useful info cause you are too ignorant to accept the fact that (beyond looking like buffalo sh*t) your scoop served no purpose.

Comment

You know _PG_, you piss me off.

I only check the boards every month or so, and when I actually find something that I feel like replying to, you have already replied and said just about everything I was going to say.

Comment

Working...
            X