X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RE:

Originally posted by ACDSupra7
    Maintaining an FC is gonna kill you.
    not to mention insurance. I was told its considered a sports car. Sports car + under 25 = a sore a$$.

Comment

drift car = EXPENSIVE

young + drifting car + no driving skills = dead young wannabe

If you guys don't think a drift car is expensive, you are probably doing something wrong. ...or not really drifting.

Comment

That to.

Comment

Everyones gotta learn somewhere, so i'd appreciate it if u layed off insults.

Comment

Watch the old insurance too!

Comment

my insurance is only 130 a month on my FC and I got a $hitty driving record. Well that and I got the multi car discount.

My advice is this.... if you want to get an fc get an fc. but if you're seriously gonna drift in whatever you get buy a second car if you can...doesn't matter if it's a pos as long as it runs good . That way if you break you're car you're not S.O.L. That's what I did anyway. and it works for me.

Comment

ok being from the midwest just north of ya I know whats around here, look maybe for a 240 it will be more comon, I dont want to sound racist but its the case around here, hit up the mexican/potrtorican areas of chitown look for them old datsuns nissans and toyota GTS's yes the AE86 cras there around but hell I know they tend to be in the minority sectors of town I aint got any probs with them its just were these cars are in the midwest!
                hell this is the people I race with but I know my ignorant midwest life an this is were the cars are at!
                also a 3rd gen F-bod aint a bad choice weight distrabution is not that bad and for the cars price is cheap to adjust and build a mega torque monster cheap

Comment

i rocked the MX83 for quite a bit; try looking into those, they are way cheaper than 240s and corollas nowadays. Plus its a sedan so you can save on insurance.

Comment

Do 89-91 TII's have abs?

Comment

Originally posted by FC3S
                      i've got an 86 FC with 160,000 miles on it. I'm only 17 and dont have any problems keeping it maintained. I think as long as you know what your doing then you can handle it. I've done repairs on my idiot lights, wipers switch, ECU, everything just from studying it on the net. As long as you treat an FC good it will treat you good.
                      i agree.
                      I have an FC N/A. she's not giving me any problem (knock on wood), just Minor maintenance. She's 153,000 miles old and she's kicking. Well i will swap her next year around march anyways.. but she's holding up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas
                        Do 89-91 TII's have abs?
                        only the top of the line model.
                        ABS was just an option back in that year, not standard.

Comment

if you are 15, never driven before, i suggest and old 80s frontdriver like a oldsmobile, buick skylark, camry, accord. 90% of the juniors at my schoolhave wrecked, most of the time totalled thier cars. Once you have a good years expierience driving, get a cool car and learn grip driving. Then, after you get real good at that, another 1-3 years, (depending on how much you practice) you can learn to drift!!

but anyway, if you really need a FR car, get a 4cyl truck w/manual. They are quite enough fun for a few years. They slide around well enough for a beginner, too.
                          Last edited by Al_Hounos; 12-15-2003, 09:14 AM.

Comment

drift cars

drift cars arent expensive if you dont suck at it, and you dont invest in stupid show parts that cost your left nut, then you crash and those parts get ruined and your screwed, thats when its expensive, crash a stock car, go pull a fender from a junk yard, get the frame pulled if it need be, your ready to go try again. ive seen people drifting completely stock cars, is that expensive?
                            young + drifting car + no driving skills = drifter in training
                            why does everyone rag on anybody that trys to get into drifting? should it be just you drifting? should you be the only drifter in the world so we can all be in awe? let who ever wants to learn, learn.

Comment

I have to agree with alot of stuff in this thread. As for being Racist about knowing where the cars are in your town? I live in the south and gues what? they are there down here too. That's not racist, that's knowing where to shop.

I don't think getting a pick up truck is the way to go, nor do I think getting a FWD if he wants to learn how to drift. If you want to drit, may as well get the car that can take you from start to well into knowing what you are doing. Get a 240. Get an 80's RX-7. Get something that you are going to enjoy driving. A good driver needs to like what he is driving. That put's him at ease and let's him drive more relaxed. Also one thing that you need to do for real world and track driving is be RELAXED. The world's crappiest drivers are the ones that are hunched all up over the wheel, shaking, looking all over and hesitating on every move they make. Do that and die. Also there is too relaxed as well. Seat all layed back into the back seat, one hand on the wheel trying to be a gangsta. That get you killed too. If someone can turn their head and look at you through the back window, they ain't driving right.

So get what you want to get. A 240 is a great platform to start with. Probably better than a first gen RX-7. An FC is also a great car. The non-turbo's are great. Keep oil in em (since they burn oil under heavy load. Squirt in in the chamber) keep the cooling system topnotch and you won't have engine problems much at all. If you can get an 86 grab it. They are there.

Comment

Re: drift cars

Originally posted by crxofdoom
                                drift cars arent expensive if you dont suck at it, and you dont invest in stupid show parts that cost your left nut, then you crash and those parts get ruined and your screwed, thats when its expensive, crash a stock car, go pull a fender from a junk yard, get the frame pulled if it need be, your ready to go try again. ive seen people drifting completely stock cars, is that expensive?
                                young + drifting car + no driving skills = drifter in training
                                why does everyone rag on anybody that trys to get into drifting? should it be just you drifting? should you be the only drifter in the world so we can all be in awe? let who ever wants to learn, learn.
                                considering he's 15 with no license and if he's working, he's probably working for Minimun wages. So for me (when i use to work for minimun wages) buying car parts are expensive.

drifter in training yes, but i am more concern about his safety, If he's trying to drift. He need to understand the DYNAMIC of grip racing first or in his case, just driving (since he never had alot of hrs in a car). So we're not hating, we're giving him facts.

Are you telling me, when you were 15 you went drifting and got it perfect the 1st time?

Drifting takes alot more skills that just DRAGGING or regular driving, you got to remember that.

Comment

Working...
                                X