Go Back   DRIFTING.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The legends of Turnbull Canyon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 03-14-2004, 01:08 PM   #26
panda_3ight_6

Send a message via Yahoo to panda_3ight_6
This is a note to the mods, I think there should be a Touge Forum made just for this, It seems we have alot of people interested in just touge. This is just a suggestion...

I agree with the idea of a Touge USA map...
Maybe with quick directions off of interstates, quick descriptions of the run, elevation, length and what ever else..
panda_3ight_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 02:44 PM   #27
Nismo_r34

That's a scary canyon. We should go there and talk about scary story. I heard alot about scary story that happen to my friends and it freak me out and I got goosebump. It not about the canyon. I can tell you guys right now if you guys want to hear it.

Last edited by Nismo_r34; 03-14-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Nismo_r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 04:46 PM   #28
P1STON2ROTARY

Send a message via AIM to P1STON2ROTARY
Please Do not post up touge locations. Its unnecessary to post up information regarding locations that could end up being potentially dangerous for people. Experienced drivers, residents, and police dont like there routes plauged with hordes of inexperienced drivers looking for some place to reenact initial D, its simply not safe...you can easily ruin you car or yourself in the process. There are other ways to find out touge locations individually, but they definately dont need to be broadcast all over drifting.com.
P1STON2ROTARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 05:27 PM   #29
Shin_Kudou
Ricer

Send a message via AIM to Shin_Kudou
Quote:
Originally posted by P1STON2ROTARY
Please Do not post up touge locations. Its unnecessary to post up information regarding locations that could end up being potentially dangerous for people. Experienced drivers, residents, and police dont like there routes plauged with hordes of inexperienced drivers looking for some place to reenact initial D, its simply not safe...you can easily ruin you car or yourself in the process. There are other ways to find out touge locations individually, but they definately dont need to be broadcast all over drifting.com.
I was about to say something to the same effect. As much as we'd like to believe it, Drifting.com is not a closed, exclusive community. There is a large number of posers, cops, and "concerned citizens" out there, all of whom can come to these forums just as easily as we can.
Shin_Kudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 09:17 PM   #30
Menchi
hashiriya

Send a message via AIM to Menchi
your right, this isn't a closed community, my bad, it really is a bad Idea to post something like that. well thanks :-)
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 11:18 PM   #31
d-unit racing
The 240 SEX!

Send a message via AIM to d-unit racing Send a message via Yahoo to d-unit racing
you know what...i was about to protest your opinions, saying that if you actually saw the road, you wouldnt be stupid enough to try it. but then i remember...i did! so yea, you have a valid point, but does that mean the we cant talk about it? i mean for those ppl who dont know where it is, its pretty easy to find it. so please clarify the regulations of censorship, for all us, "less knowledgeable," ppl out here
d-unit racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:13 AM   #32
drift star

stay away from tbc its a bust now...
thanks alot you lil f ucks

-Derek

Last edited by drift star; 03-22-2004 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:50 AM   #33
simplyxlost

Send a message via AIM to simplyxlost
yay its in my sig.
simplyxlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 11:51 AM   #34
simplyxlost

Send a message via AIM to simplyxlost
maybe not a good idea. back to the old sig.
simplyxlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:43 PM   #35
Tsunami

There's also alot of urban legends and ghost stories out there so you can't let yourself get spooked by them. But there are supernatural things that occur in this world, some are just more sensitive to it than others. If you haven't experienced it don't go looking to get haunted. It's not like some anime where you kill the ghost with a giant light sword, it's scary and you wish it hadn't happened. But if it ever does grab your bible and pray. The devil's tricks can't stand up to the Word of God.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #36
Nismo_r34

Quote:
Originally posted by Tsunami
There's also alot of urban legends and ghost stories out there so you can't let yourself get spooked by them. But there are supernatural things that occur in this world, some are just more sensitive to it than others. If you haven't experienced it don't go looking to get haunted. It's not like some anime where you kill the ghost with a giant light sword, it's scary and you wish it hadn't happened. But if it ever does grab your bible and pray. The devil's tricks can't stand up to the Word of God.
You're definitly right.
Nismo_r34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #37
Tsunami

Yeah it's not something to mess around with.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 04:51 PM   #38
HX-50

I agree there's stuff out there that's just not meant to be messed with, as to people wanting pics of the canyon, a 30 second yahoo search produced this page http://www.hillsforeveryone.org/turn...yon_images.htm

This place sounds a lot like the cuyohoga (sp?) valley near me, there's certian areas in the valley where people know that after dark you just don't go, all sorts of cult activity and general heebie-geebie stuff, uhhh i've heard many of the stories, but unlike coilover kid i'm a bit too lazy to type them all out here, it's pretty interesting/spooky though
HX-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:07 PM   #39
spinitsidewayz!
skidster

Send a message via AIM to spinitsidewayz!
man that shyt sounds creepy.... lol i dont think bullets are gonna stop ghosts... maybe some pshyco homicidal... but not ghosts (if there are any) well one thing i know... if im ever driving by tbc the bible is going into the glove
spinitsidewayz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 07:29 PM   #40
TougeDorifuto
Deputy Pat

Send a message via AIM to TougeDorifuto
Quote:
Originally posted by spinitsidewayz!
man that shyt sounds creepy.... lol i dont think bullets are gonna stop ghosts... maybe some pshyco homicidal... but not ghosts (if there are any) well one thing i know... if im ever driving by tbc the bible is going into the glove
BIBLE?! how bout like 10 crosses around the car and bible in lap. and like any religios stuff dude!
TougeDorifuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:49 AM   #41
Chas

garlic neklice.
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 01:33 AM   #42
spinitsidewayz!
skidster

Send a message via AIM to spinitsidewayz!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chas
garlic neklice.
i thought that was just for vampires?
spinitsidewayz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 06:54 AM   #43
PandaFD3S
Meow?

Send a message via AIM to PandaFD3S
AHHH

yea ...youve gotta watch out for those scary HIPPIE GHOST VAMPIRES that are in CULTS..............ummm.........WITH KNIVES...........and stuff......yea.........i think i just pee'd myself
PandaFD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:12 PM   #44
speed

Talking

i live at the bottom of Turnbull, too bad i dont have a good car to drive it with....usually a CRV (yes a CRV, my moms, haha) or my dads 3.2 TL.

Some crazy Sh!t has happened up there...about a year ago a girl got murdered at the very top of turnbull, she was tide up to a car with a rope i think, and dragged all the way to Hacienda Blvd (if you know where that's at) which left a trail of blood and pieces of skin.. dont think im lying it's true, i drove up there and it was all blocked off and there was marks on the road where she was first killed. i follwed the trail cuz there was spray painted marks all the way until hacienda and i saw the outline of a body on the street....yup, and i live at the bottom of it

hit me up if you're gonna drift it !!! im down to watch haha and seriously it's not even a burn, some of my friends and I have raced go karts down it hahaha

but yeah IM me on AIM Squierbyfender
speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:54 PM   #45
speed

oh and about that pool...yeah there was a house that burned down, i've been to that pool, it's filled up with sand now...... i used to take my car into the drive way of that house, park and Blaze it hahahah yup and guess what across the street from the house with the pool is the insane asylum, a tiny bit up from the insane asylum is the closed off dirt road... haha i remember in 7th grade i ran up there with the cross country team....little did we know what kinda sh!t happened up there haha
speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:10 AM   #46
Derek

speed dont say its not a bust because its my local spot and ive been busted 2 times up there and being the lucky sob that i am ive gotten away. Sat nights are the only nights to go up there so if you want ill go hit it up some night. hit me up on aim or somthing.

aim: Dieyoungfmx

-Derek
Old 09-11-2005, 02:26 PM   #47
Coiloverkid
Omawarisan

Send a message via AIM to Coiloverkid
raising awareness once again to those who never read this...

halloween is approaching soon, everyone be careful, I've been getting weird messages lately...

NamelessAngel**: there is alot about that place no one wants to talk about
breaker breakerr: there are alot of people who dont want to see me around there or discussing it
NamelessAngel**: are you one of them
breaker breakerr: i dont like saying too much
breaker breakerr: i never know who is asking
breaker breakerr: i've been threatened many times
NamelessAngel**: I am not here tothreaten or impose danger
NamelessAngel**: I just found myself in a strange circumstances
breaker breakerr: oh
NamelessAngel**: are you curiouse now?
breaker breakerr: go on
NamelessAngel**: ...
NamelessAngel**: I do not give info for free
NamelessAngel**: I require a trade
NamelessAngel**: though you have no reason to trust me
NamelessAngel**: I have none to trust you
NamelessAngel**: what do you know about the Masons
breaker breakerr: ..who are you.
NamelessAngel**: some one very intellagent
breaker breakerr: not anyone asks questions like that
NamelessAngel**: lol
NamelessAngel**: well
NamelessAngel**: I am anyone
NamelessAngel**: names are best not given don't you agree
breaker breakerr: i would have to agree
NamelessAngel**: well
NamelessAngel**: If you want my story
NamelessAngel**: I propose we trade info
breaker breakerr: what do you hold that could be of any value
breaker breakerr: lots of people share experiences with me for nothing
NamelessAngel**: isn't that the point
NamelessAngel**: you never know what someone exp...
NamelessAngel**: could be a lie
NamelessAngel**: could be the truth
NamelessAngel**: but you always want to know
breaker breakerr: I guess, multiple stories line up too, from unrelated sources, so it begins to prove validity
NamelessAngel**: could be
NamelessAngel**: or it could be the want or longing to believe in something
NamelessAngel**: that may not exist
NamelessAngel**: such is religeon
breaker breakerr: haha that argument is hardly relevant
breaker breakerr: ..but yeah. things line up from many different people
breaker breakerr: what is it you want from ME
NamelessAngel**: I want to hear the stories that you didn't mention in that artical
breaker breakerr: those are things I wish to forget, nor do i wish to share them
NamelessAngel**: well if you ever change your mind
NamelessAngel**: the offer will stand
breaker breakerr: thanks.
NamelessAngel**: it is no favor to you
NamelessAngel**: some things are best forgoten
Coiloverkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #48
FD3S_pilot
mmmm...Spirit R......

Send a message via AIM to FD3S_pilot Send a message via Yahoo to FD3S_pilot
WTF?!!!!!
FD3S_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2005, 03:10 PM   #49
gigglesnirt

Send a message via AIM to gigglesnirt
this whole thread has just gotten me pumped up to go "ghost hunting" =D

so heres the story of where i'll be going.

a hospital for an old mine down in salt lake city, many people died in this place, a fire partially burnt it, and about 7 people died in that, then after that it was shut down, not sure how many years later, but probably 80's some people bought the house to make it a gimmick haunted house with people in masks and things, 7-8 kids went into the house, and just never came out again, it was shut down after this of course, since then people have been going in there to worship satan apparently, when people heard of this they started a patrol to watch the house, thats where it sits today, some people that have gone into the house say there is one door that noone has gotten inside, its locked and just not possible to get in, but sometimes it'll have a light glowing from the inside that you can see on the outside of the door around the edges, people say this is where the 7-8 kids went into when they disapeared, the thing about this is you cannot see any light on the outside of this house when the door glows, and the original floor plans for the house just say that there is no room there, its just the end of a hallway and the outside is on the other side of the door, so yea we'll probably go check this place out this weekend and see how its guarded and see if we can do something in there.

we also have a few places, actually about 5 minutes away, where ted bundy had burried about a dozen bodies that are known, but there could be more, a couple houses in this area are also pretty *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ed up in ways like screams and voices will just start coming from them, we'll see what happens, and film it we will =D.
gigglesnirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #50
marshalarteest

I live down the street from turnbull

I live less than a block away from the hacienda side of turnbull and I have heard these stories off the internet. You not giving names is totally stupid and decreases the validity, any one of your sources could of researched exactly what you researched off the internet. However, if you decide to got here again be sure to message me so I can come see for myself. I go drifting up there ever since I first got my drivers licence and I honestly NEVER saw anything other than wussy wanna be racers up there. I even ran up there for cross country and I'm pretty sure we visted that insane asylum although we didn't go in but I do remember that place.

I've also "heard" things about that place, but theres simply no proof, and mostly heard from stupid people who just want attention, take a freggin camera or sumthing next time, we need some hard evidence, talk is cheap.
marshalarteest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
history of turnbull canyon, legends of turnbull canyon, turnbull canyon, turnbull canyon haunted

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: