Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 525iT_Feen
    Track Day with NASA at Infineon

Like I said, we film what we love to do daily, however that was not the purpose of our DVD. Have a nice evening.
    Now this video is more my speed. There are some serious rigs out on that track.

As far as your crazy street/scene video...I'm all set with that.

A few things..

1. scene's suck
    2. driving like a hoodlum on the street sucks
    3. anyone can do a burnout

I will, however, say that the editing work in the video was quite good.

Comment

I enjoyed the video. As for the street racing thing, its part of the scene and thats why its documented. It would be boring as hell to watch people just driving normal. The crazyness is what sells dvd and people want to see it even if they dont do it themsevles.

Comment

This was definetly much better than having the kid running. That trailer looked more like the beggining of the movie.

The editing...well maybe its cus i know a few guys who do nothing but editing and have seen their work. But the editing in that trailer seemed pretty basic. Especially the white scren fading to the video.

But hey looks pretty good man hope it sells good.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
          Now this video is more my speed. There are some serious rigs out on that track.

As far as your crazy street/scene video...I'm all set with that.

A few things..

1. scene's suck
          2. driving like a hoodlum on the street sucks
          3. anyone can do a burnout

I will, however, say that the editing work in the video was quite good.
          Thanks for the comments on the editing...I'm just curious how you can judge a one hour movie by seeing a 3 minute trailer. I'm not trying to be a d*ck but you are heavily criticizing something that you have only seen 3 minutes of.

Originally posted by driftersilvia
          This was definetly much better than having the kid running. That trailer looked more like the beggining of the movie.

The editing...well maybe its cus i know a few guys who do nothing but editing and have seen their work. But the editing in that trailer seemed pretty basic. Especially the white scren fading to the video.

But hey looks pretty good man hope it sells good.
          The editing is actually really good. I'm sure you have seen good editing and well, this is it (maybe not the trailer specifically, but our editor is amazing).

---
          Thanks for the compliments DriftEnthusiast..

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

The video is fine and yes I like fast cars and hot girls, but it is just not something I would watch. I would rather watch videos of performance driving such as the (somewhat biased?) best motoring stuff.

As far as the "scene" comment, I think far too many people get sucked into the scene and follow it rather then striving for self improvement or towards innovation. I think the "scene" is an excuse for a lot of things, such as not getting to a track and racing for real, wings and big wheels and slammed "performance" cars, "toy" women and umbrella girls as marketing, and bias towards particular types of automobiles.

But that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                  The video is fine and yes I like fast cars and hot girls, but it is just not something I would watch. I would rather watch videos of performance driving such as the (somewhat biased?) best motoring stuff.

As far as the "scene" comment, I think far too many people get sucked into the scene and follow it rather then striving for self improvement or towards innovation. I think the "scene" is an excuse for a lot of things, such as not getting to a track and racing for real, wings and big wheels and slammed "performance" cars, "toy" women and umbrella girls as marketing, and bias towards particular types of automobiles.

But that's just me.
                  You are so right in many ways.
                  3-4 years ago when I first got to see what it was really like it was about the cars(and I was at the track way more often then now). Now it's just about the kits and the ladies. However, we started making this DVD 3-4 years ago and aren't into cancelling plans. So now whats done is done and hopefully you will enjoy our next one more. We plan on traveling all over, hopefully starting with Japan and doing alot more on track filming.

Anyhow, thanks for your comments and thanks for not getting out of control with your opinions.

Happy New Year.

Comment

I hear you. Buisness is buisness, you can't just sink the whole project now.

Happy new year to you as well. Maybe this one will be better than the last.

Comment

Working...
                    X