4wd to ---> rwd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd to ---> rwd

is it hard to make a 4wd car to rwd and how do you do it???

take out the front driveshafts and then lock the center diff

Comment

Yeah, but then don't you lose half the power?

Comment

Um why would you lose power if you take stress off the drivetrain? It's like a 4WD truck that loses the Transfer case. Power stays the same, just the distribution of it differs. Where you had power going to 4 wheels, you now have it going to 2.

You must not live in the south. If you did then you would know the 1st Redneck rule of truck buying. "Does the 4wd work?"

Comment

Don't live in the south, thank god ^_^ Anway, thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            Um why would you lose power if you take stress off the drivetrain? It's like a 4WD truck that loses the Transfer case. Power stays the same, just the distribution of it differs. Where you had power going to 4 wheels, you now have it going to 2.

You must not live in the south. If you did then you would know the 1st Redneck rule of truck buying. "Does the 4wd work?"

Not ture. If you removed the front dirveshafts on like a subaru, or any all time AWD car, youll lose power. 4WD is not the same as AWD.

Comment

Comment

Chas is right what kind of car is it

Comment

actually chas isn't exactly right, you dont lose power if you lock the center diff, which is what we are talking about and what i said in the first place.

Comment

Everyone stop right now!!

Untill the drivetrain arrangement is understood there have been some incorrect answers. On both sides.

Not only that but I bet this is going to be another flame-fest initiated by an ignorant question.

What car are you talking about?
                    How much are you willing to spend to make this happen?
                    Are there any street legality issues that will surround this project?
                    (Track or Street car)

Lets get some fact before the flames fly and somebody gets their wuddle feelin's hurt

Comment

Re: Everyone stop right now!!

Originally posted by Sideways_In_SD
                      Untill the drivetrain arrangement is understood there have been some incorrect answers. On both sides.
                      what incorrest answers? chas was jsut talking about something different.

its really not hard or expensive, you dont even need to take out the front driveshafts, a rwd center diff is all you need to buy, but taking out the driveshafts saves weight.

Comment

EVERYBODY'S WRONG!!! MUHAHAHA!!!

Accually, You may not need to buy anything or take out anything or it may not be possible without buying a new transmission...

This guy doesn't seem to care about his post anymore so I'll save the letcure for when he posts again...

-MR

Comment

um yea i do

Comment

I'm not getting my feelings hurt. If i'm wrong then im wrong. I'd sure like to know the right info though so I don't go and shoot the ol food pipe off with wrong info.

Comment

Re: Re: Everyone stop right now!!

Originally posted by J-BloodAE86
                              what incorrest answers? chas was jsut talking about something different.

its really not hard or expensive, you dont even need to take out the front driveshafts, a rwd center diff is all you need to buy, but taking out the driveshafts saves weight.
                              YOU'RE SO FOCKIN OFF-BASE I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO START WITH YOU. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CAR (OR TRUCK FOR THAT MANNER) HE'S TALKING ABOUT SOOO.... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FOCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, YOU'RE JUST RIDING CHAS' D!CK!!!!
                              NOW BE QUIET AN LET THE GROWN FOLKS DO THE EXPLAINING SO YOU LEARN SOMETHING!!!

Originally posted by Top Secret
                              um yea i do
                              /\
                              /\Then answer the questions, what car, etc.!!!

I should get a job at Psychic Friends I swear.

OK Mike on your marks, get set....

Comment

Working...
                              X