ok I'm debating with myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok I'm debating with myself

For the past while I have really been wanting a 240sx s13 but as of the last couple weeks I've been actually leening to an AE86. Which would you recommend for a first time drifter? thanks in advance for the input

whatever you can find in your area that is cheap and good condition. good AE86 re hard to find. decent 240s usually arent.

Comment

thats what i've noticed

Comment

Originally posted by boxmod View Post
        whatever you can find in your area that is cheap and good condition. good AE86 re hard to find. decent 240s usually arent.
        Yes and no.

100% true about the Corolla's. Even the SR5's are becoming rare these days.

Lately the 240's have been getting gobbled up themselves really quickly. Finding decent prices on cars that aren't obliterated is becoming harder and harder with each passing day, and that goes double with the S14's.

I have 2 major points to steer you in a direction though.
        Independant Rear Suspention
        Abundance of parts

The S13's have both of these. The big issue I had with my Corolla was due to it's age, it was fairly expencive to replace stuff. Where with my current car, which happens to be an S13, it's still pricey, but much easier and affordable to come across parts.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

in thoughts of the difficulty to drift them which ones easiest or are they fairly the same in that sense

Comment

Well that's where it starts to get complicated.

Stock, the Corolla's balance is a little better IMO. And because of it's small size, low weight and almost manual everything, it's a great car to learn in. It can teach you the feel a lot faster than most other vehicles.

The S13, over all is a better car. And it really hurts me to say that 'cause I adore the Corollas. IRS is one of the big things that makes the Nissans so much more desireable to me. In a solid axil, you hit a bump, it effects the whole car. IRS gives a smoother and more controllable ride in rough situations.

Now there's the argument of power. Obviously, more power makes it easier to kick the back end out. But not only can this get you into trouble, but I still think power is way over rated. I learned to drift in a vehicle that had 65bhp on a good day. And you know what? I was still able to obliterate the tires in the thing once I learned some of the techniques.

But over all, I recommend the S13 or if you can afford, the S14. More parts, availability and a younger age make it a somewhat more desirable vehicle.

Comment

thanks for the input... if i go with a 240sx then i'm gonna go s13 mostly because i like the body of the hatch back alot better than s14's and s15's

Comment

Where's your location? What other rwd cars do you have available to you? One that comes to mind is a Mazda Miata for example.

Comment

I'm in the northwest. and i don't really like Miata's all that much. their are wuite a few 1st gen eclipses i could *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* around with and make RWD. but 240's are the most common around here

Comment

Working...
                  X