Go Back   DRIFTING.com > TECH Discussion > TECH Discussion Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Which suspensions are you using?

Old 07-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #26
BENJO
Street Sweepers

Send a message via AIM to BENJO
so if i had the money, would i be better off buying kei officies over silk roads?
BENJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:45 PM   #27
180fan

I have heard from a few of my buddys who are distributors for GP, Silk Road and Kei Office that they roll off the same factory line. Just that the Kei Office does however, have better valving and more adjustability than the Silk Roads. Personally I like the Kei Office but the premium you pay for the name's not worth it. I went with GP and damn they are so flat in a turn it's unbelievable. Spring rates are a bit high though at 9/7 and a bit bouncy for the street.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:43 PM   #28
hatebbobbarker

Send a message via ICQ to hatebbobbarker Send a message via AIM to hatebbobbarker Send a message via Yahoo to hatebbobbarker
anybody have an application list for the GR6 coilovers, or kei office

very interested in the XT and d1 spec from kei office.
hatebbobbarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 05:47 PM   #29
mranlet
Smokes Dynamite

I don't know of anyone who has used SilkRoads and hasn't liked them. They pretty much decimate everything else in the price range and even are really well matched (if not better) than some of the higher-end stuff.

Daiyama's are also very very good for the price, and just very good in general (there's a link on the DGtrials website). Something like Zeals or Kei Office is going to be a very tried and true route, but you may wind up with something you like better for less money by talking to people who have been around.

I've got KYB AGX top-adjust 4-ways and some Weapon*R coilovers that are [eventually] going to find their way on my CRX and will let you know of the impression. I would have gotten Silk's but I don't have the money and need suspension fast.

-MR
mranlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 06:28 PM   #30
zdss14
speed strife d

do eney mustang drifters use or know maximum motorsports coilovers? i have herd that tere great, but im not shure about there adjustability from the info on there web site can eney body tell me something about them?
zdss14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:20 PM   #31
D1 DRIFTER

i have.....

i just got sum TEIN NA there not avail in the states, they are built for autocross/drift and are very nice 16 way adjustable, but the best suspension is...Kei office the suspeion is crazy! its like porsche suspeion when u lift one wheel the rest of the wheels don't sag or drop down kinda like its reaching for the ground i have yet to see any other suspesion like that!
D1 DRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 09:55 PM   #32
hatebbobbarker

Send a message via ICQ to hatebbobbarker Send a message via AIM to hatebbobbarker Send a message via Yahoo to hatebbobbarker
i dont understand what you said ^

btw im sure the silk roads are better then the tein flex everyone else with a z gets

Last edited by hatebbobbarker; 07-20-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:59 PM   #33
D1 DRIFTER

hmm

the K's is kinda like... linked suspension in a way it doesn't hang down when its lifted or on a rack better or no? if not buy sum or drive sumones car its INSANE!
D1 DRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #34
URMachines

wel to bring this thread back, i have an i dea of what is good for drift. but what would you guys recomend for grip driving conditions?
some i have in mind are the
tein re/ra/rs
endless b6 v6 SF
kei office xt-a
URMachines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:48 PM   #35
CrazyHawaiian
Sample One Time!!

There is no drift specific suspension parts. People might market their products to be "drift specific" but its just that, marketing. Any of these high end coilover systems mentioned should be more than enough for grip and/or drift. All that matters is what settings you need for each type of driving (grip or drift) and what capabilities (as far as adjustment) your suspension parts have. So if you plan to do both then you want a setup with a good ammount of adjustability.
CrazyHawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 01:34 AM   #36
marshun
stop spreading disinfo

Send a message via AIM to marshun
Quote:
Originally posted by CrazyHawaiian
There is no drift specific suspension parts. People might market their products to be "drift specific" but its just that, marketing. Any of these high end coilover systems mentioned should be more than enough for grip and/or drift. All that matters is what settings you need for each type of driving (grip or drift) and what capabilities (as far as adjustment) your suspension parts have. So if you plan to do both then you want a setup with a good ammount of adjustability.
good man. gotta also take into consideration of the driver and their tire size and what tires.

its mostly on the driver though.
marshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 11:25 AM   #37
TwistedByDesign

Send a message via AIM to TwistedByDesign
Each suspension is different and everyone will react differently to them. Ive seen lots of threads on various message boards that have people that do not like JICs, but i use them on my Corolla GTS and at the track, they are awesome.
TwistedByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:14 PM   #38
NiteKids

Quote:
Originally posted by Bustadouglass
I havent heard of the silkroads. Where are they from? Why are they so good?
Because they are the new ubberlete JDM tyte coilover to come over to the states w/ a cool name like "SILK" road. I dunno what the fuss over them is all about.
NiteKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #39
hatebbobbarker

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteKids
Because they are the new ubberlete JDM tyte coilover to come over to the states w/ a cool name like "SILK" road. I dunno what the fuss over them is all about.

they are off the same assembly as kei office and gp sports from what im told. ive got some gp sports for a customer right now, they arent as nice as my Zeals but the gp sports GR-6 is still very nice. id assume same quality from silk road.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:29 AM   #40
D1champ

I'm running on Tein RS for my S13, for GRIP runs...it''s like she's on rails. For drift...slidehappy.
D1champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:51 AM   #41
RHS13 BOB

Send a message via AIM to RHS13 BOB Send a message via Yahoo to RHS13 BOB
Those Silk Roads sound good to me....

(I don't own a car or have a license,and will have both in 6 months)
RHS13 BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:04 AM   #42
kgroth

Thumbs up

Tanabe Sustec Pro DD rocks my world...
kgroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:34 AM   #43
maverick27

Send a message via AIM to maverick27
heres an issue most people over see. most people arent ganna be on the track 24/7. ive driven in a drift car and its not fun on the street and trust me ur gf aint ganna like it either. what im saying is that some people have to keep inmind the fat that their cars are street/track not fully track. i mean id be stupid to run a 2k or more suspension on a bumpy street. itll just make it worse than better and before u know it u need it worked on. if ur making a straight track car then by all means go with a bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* suspension itll be worth it but for all those who modify their cars one paycheck at a time and only have one car that gets the sideways and to the market then keep ur options open.
maverick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #44
s14driftingTX
#1 F1 Fan

Does anyone know if spl is making coilovers for the s13 yet, I really like those but, they haven't made them for s13.
s14driftingTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #45
tonesdef

Send a message via AIM to tonesdef
Silk roads rock for many reasons. Number one they can already be serviced in the us. They have camber adjustment on the shock bottom mounts. You can also adjust height from the bottom too. There 8 way adjustable and the best part they are inverted shocks in the front all this for 1400 just about 150 more the HE's which don't have nearly all the functions.

The only real drift spec coilovers i would say would be the DD's becuase they lock the piston down so you don't have any rebound mid drift other than that its all about valving and spring rates and seeing what works best for you.

I can tell you this if you don't have any drift skills some altra cool kei office alpha x or what not wont make a you a mad jdm tight drifter it wont help at all.
tonesdef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #46
sdtouge

i felt guilty for some reason thinking about getting some silk roads for a little under 1500 dollars. i ended up paying 1017$ from hopupracing.com in san diego for a set of tanabe pro-ss type two coilovers. i ike them very much, i cant compare them because i have never had coilovers before but i like these very much.

the ride is very stiff and by stock bumper scrapes on my drive way but the difference from stock struts and some wack springs is amazing. i had them on the factory recomended 2 setting up front and 4 setting in the rear but now i am at full stiffness in the front and rear and it is dropped about 80percent of the farthest it can go and i wouldnt want it a mm lower except on the track.

for the price i doubt there are coilovers this good for the s13,

oh, one bad thing is most of the instructions are japanese but has a good picture diagrams.

i have not yet installe dmy kaaz 2way yet but hope to get it in in time for dd21
sdtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #47
c0ldasice

Quote:
Originally posted by s14driftingTX
Does anyone know if spl is making coilovers for the s13 yet, I really like those but, they haven't made them for s13.
The S13 SPL KTS' have been out for awhile now. [around +3 months]
Check their site
c0ldasice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 01:58 PM   #48
GRiDRaceTech
Opposite Lock

Send a message via AIM to GRiDRaceTech
I've had my KTS coilovers since early September and I'm quite smitten with them.
GRiDRaceTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #49
FEVAH

Anyone heard of BC Racing ?
I think they are made by Blitz ?
FEVAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:33 PM   #50
hatebbobbarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEVAH
Anyone heard of BC Racing ?
I think they are made by Blitz ?
never heard of BC racing

blitz outsources theirs(to sachs) so i dont see them making someone elses.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: