(2011 PREDICTIONS) Drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
    $100 from me personally to anyone who shows up to long beach with a diesel!
    Wait and see I want my $100

Comment

wait I'm confuse, it says Foust will be running a 4 cylinder?

Comment

Originally posted by sidewaysrules View Post
        Wait and see I want my $100
        Lets do it! It has to be competitive though IE qualify top 32

wait I'm confuse, it says Foust will be running a 4 cylinder?
        That's the rumor for 2011, I'm probably the only person saddened by it.

Comment

Why/what is Tanner running?

What ever happened to the rumor Rhys was going to try out the 5L Hyundai V8?

I was more or less talking about the heavy hitters. Aasbo and Faust were the only two on that list you constantly see doing big things.

A variety of v8's would be cool maybe. Everyone that knows who I am knows I love LS1's, but I also love creativity, and E V E R Y O N E having a LS1 that doesn't rev over 7k is kinda boring.

Sam's Challenger has the right idea as far as cool v8, so does JR's car. Stock VK's with a Stillen on them is not the right idea. DVDB's setup is cool, its different and it works. If you do it, at least make it sound cool and if you're going to do a swap, do a SWAP, not a simple head/cam ls1. This is 2011. Thats been done 1000x, raise the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by bergenholtz View Post
            Proposed Top 32 Competitors Motor Choice for 2011 in 2010 Championship Point Standings

V8 or above (Total: 19) 60%

Gittin
            Tuerk
            Yoshihara
            McNamarra
            Forsberg
            McQuarrie
            Takatori
            Hubinette
            Pawlak
            Gruenwald
            Powers?
            Ng
            Petty
            Miki
            Brakiohiapa
            Pfeiffer
            Wang
            Essa
            Kearney V8?

6cyl (5 total) 16%

Millen
            Aasbo
            Mordaunt
            Nishida
            Konstantinov

4 cyl (5 total) 15%

Foust
            Gushi
            Deane
            Verdier
            Aono

Rotary (3 Total) 9%

Mohan
            Maeng
            Whiddet

and how many FD champions have won without at least 8 cylinders?

Comment

Tanner Foust won two years in a row with a turbo V6

Rhys Millen and Ryan T came close with 4 cylinder kappas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
                Why/what is Tanner running?

What ever happened to the rumor Rhys was going to try out the 5L Hyundai V8?

I was more or less talking about the heavy hitters. Aasbo and Faust were the only two on that list you constantly see doing big things.

A variety of v8's would be cool maybe. Everyone that knows who I am knows I love LS1's, but I also love creativity, and E V E R Y O N E having a LS1 that doesn't rev over 7k is kinda boring.

Sam's Challenger has the right idea as far as cool v8, so does JR's car. Stock VK's with a Stillen on them is not the right idea. DVDB's setup is cool, its different and it works. If you do it, at least make it sound cool and if you're going to do a swap, do a SWAP, not a simple head/cam ls1. This is 2011. Thats been done 1000x, raise the bar.
                I disagree about the VK swap. You say you love creativity and that was pretty creative. At least Drift Emporium kept the engine in the Nissan Family. They could've done like everybody else and shoved a LS1 in there. Plus, I think those G35's are the best sounding car in FD, with the supercharger screaming at WOT. I'm not crazy about JR's supercharged car, I loved the 5.0 he had built that last year he ran the 06. A 5.0 that will rev to 10k is insane!! I would love to see more cars built like that, Hube's engine and Essa's v10. I love the sound of a NA ITB car.

Comment

I hope Essa pull it together next year, i want to see the bimmer podium.

Comment

Originally posted by wesismyhero View Post
                    I disagree about the VK swap. You say you love creativity and that was pretty creative. At least Drift Emporium kept the engine in the Nissan Family. They could've done like everybody else and shoved a LS1 in there. Plus, I think those G35's are the best sounding car in FD, with the supercharger screaming at WOT. I'm not crazy about JR's supercharged car, I loved the 5.0 he had built that last year he ran the 06. A 5.0 that will rev to 10k is insane!! I would love to see more cars built like that, Hube's engine and Essa's v10. I love the sound of a NA ITB car.
                    Hubinette's car is V8

those g35's look retarded with the supercharger sticking out

I really hope the tire rule gets enforced to ALL drivers/teams. It would be silly if the big sponsors just pay to run big tires like they have paid money to get past certain rules in the past. This year should be very interesting if ALL the rules get enforced. It's the only way to progress the sport, get new sponsors, and open up new markets.

Comment

Originally posted by wesismyhero View Post
                      I'm not crazy about JR's supercharged car, I loved the 5.0 he had built that last year he ran the 06. A 5.0 that will rev to 10k is insane!!

JR will have a NA motor from ford racing in 2011.

I'm not a big fan of the regular VK56DE, has way less horse power and torque compared to the domestic V8s. Forsberg's car with the motor was great on shorter technical courses but couldn't keep up on faster courses on the straight. Maybe that's why he switched to the nismo "race" V8.

The VK56VD with its variable valve would be a bit of a better choice to match up with the LSXs in the series. If only a company could produce a proper stand alone to manage the VVEL system while still being able to cut the fat off the OEM harness.

I hope Essa pull it together next year, i want to see the bimmer podium.
                      He came close with a 4th place finish at ATL, but no one talked much about it for some reason though.

Comment

JR will have a NA motor from ford racing in 2011.

I'm not a big fan of the regular VK56DE, has way less horse power and torque compared to the domestic V8s. Forsberg's car with the motor was great on shorter technical courses but couldn't keep up on faster courses on the straight. Maybe that's why he switched to the nismo "race" V8.

The VK56VD with its variable valve would be a bit of a better choice to match up with the LSXs in the series. If only a company could produce a proper stand alone to manage the VVEL system while still being able to cut the fat off the OEM harness.

He came close with a 4th place finish at ATL, but no one talked much about it for some reason though.
                        I had heard rumors about that NA v8, is it confirmed?
                        I agree about Forsberg's car. I watched it at Irwindale twice and he couldnt ride the first wall on the big bank. We talked about it and he said he just didnt have the power so he had to try and use speed to make up.

I think the reason nobody talked about Essa was how poorly he did the rest of the season. I know it wasn't his fault due to blowing 2 or 3 engines, but he still dropped off fast.

I kinda liked the blowers sticking out of the hood. It was different. Gave the car a more "raw" feeling to it.

Comment

Media coverage can be kind of a crap shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
                            Or just use used french fry oil and keep the $100.

If I could find a practical way to do it, I'd love to convert the S12 to a diesel engine. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd buy the kit that has an adapter plate and flywheel to use a VW TDI 4 cylinder and a Toyota pickup 5-speed transmission. The kit I saw retails for $595.00 for a basic kit from ACME Adapters (adapter plate, flywheel, and "bolting hardware kit").
                            Mercedes old 5 cyl turbo diesels are cheap and can make a lot of power (350hp is a lot for a small diesel) loads of torque and will fit into an S12 engine bay.

Doooo it

Comment

Originally posted by Piner View Post
                              Mercedes old 5 cyl turbo diesels are cheap and can make a lot of power (350hp is a lot for a small diesel) loads of torque and will fit into an S12 engine bay.

Doooo it
                              Well, that doesn't surprise me, considering that guys are stuffing RB26DETTs in the S12 chassis and still retaining A/C and Power Steering. I never even though of using a Mercedes diesel because I've never seen one with a manual transmission (at least around here), but as much torque as it could make, I could probably get away with a simple GM Powerglide 2-speed, lol

I'll probably consider it once I get it off the road. Right now, as gas prices are going up, I'm going to use it as a DD (until a cheap FWD comes along).

Comment

^
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlwTxw-027o

Comment

Working...
                                X