Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commenters @ Jalopnik are A-holes

http://jalopnik.com/5706561/foust-be...anks-him-silly

I can't believe how many negative comments are being posted about Jarod and Ken Block.

Yeah it IS the internet, but this is the kind of stuff you expect on a youtube video.

the retards commenting obviously have ZERO ideahow hard it can be to be an announcer. I would LOVE to see them try to be the announcer and stay as entertaining, on topic, and knowledgeable as jrod does

Comment

ehhhhh

I didn't go to the event, I was helping out up at Thunderhill with the 25 hour race.

But man, I'm honestly surprised J-Rod announced at this thing. If the fans don't like him....the fans don't like him lol. As someone who goes to 3-4 FD events a year, I would have liked to see someone new/different MCing the event. Is the industry seriously that low on talent or is he doing these events for as low as a plane ticket and a beer?
      Last edited by Bebop; 12-05-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

remember, J-rod is personal friends with Ken Block. He reminds us all the time on his blog. I'm sure Ken Block asked him personally to announce, and who wouldn't say no to that!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          ehhhhh

I didn't go to the event, I was helping out up at Thunderhill with the 25 hour race.

But man, I'm honestly surprised J-Rod announced at this thing. If the fans don't like him....the fans don't like him lol. As someone who goes to 3-4 FD events a year, I would have liked to see someone new/different MCing the event. Is the industry seriously that low on talent or is he doing these events for as low as a plane ticket and a beer?
          He treated it like a FD event instead of a TIMED race.

Originally posted by Sebring View Post
          http://jalopnik.com/5706561/foust-be...anks-him-silly

I can't believe how many negative comments are being posted about Jarod and Ken Block.

Yeah it IS the internet, but this is the kind of stuff you expect on a youtube video.
          It's freaking Gawker dude. Pay them no mind. Gizmodo is filled with Apple haters and io9 is packed with creationists. Don't believe me look up GFAJ-1 and read some of the comments.
          Last edited by my 1 88 u; 12-05-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Yes I MC'ed the event I was asked to announce the event, host the livestream, facilitate interviews, make it entertaining...

I did my job I did it well, made it entertaining, educational, utilized all the information, format, tools that were available for me.

I CAN NOT make everybody happy and its WAY easier to hate than to congratulate...

I'm used to it and I won't tell you how I get compensated but I will tell you, I'm content, I have a family to support and obviously love my job so I feel that I'm good at my job, have fun and I have job security, received compliments and keep getting hired as an announcer for events...

Seems people like what I do, a few negative comments are going to stop me...

Thank you to Ken Block, Chris Willard and Gymkhana Grid staff for having me be part of the event....

Ken and I are good friends yes, we've had a long standing friendship for years....

Comment

I just want to say Nick Denton is a genius.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod View Post
                Yes I MC'ed the event I was asked to announce the event, host the livestream, facilitate interviews, make it entertaining...

I did my job I did it well, made it entertaining, educational, utilized all the information, format, tools that were available for me.

I CAN NOT make everybody happy and its WAY easier to hate than to congratulate...

I'm used to it and I won't tell you how I get compensated but I will tell you, I'm content, I have a family to support and obviously love my job so I feel that I'm good at my job, have fun and I have job security, received compliments and keep getting hired as an announcer for events...

Thank you to Ken Block, Chris Willard and Gymkhana Grid staff for having me be part of the event....

Ken and I are good friends yes, we've had a long standing friendship for years....
                Jarod, your work on the live feed it great, keep it up!

Comment

I thought you did a great job, Jarod, in my opinion. I'll admit, I tried getting the announcer job, but I feel the better man got the job.

Comment

Jalopnik is, and has been, dumb. Lots of stuff gets posted over there that goes way over their heads so they call it rice or retarded or whatever. I take Jalopnik about as seriously as I take ebaums world.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Rod View Post

I think J-Rod is a great announcer! I always enjoy him at all the events and I'm always cracking up to his little jokes that he makes. It's not that easy talking to people for 8+ hours. I think he has a lot of knowledge and knows what he talking about when informing the crowd. Keep it up!

Comment

Wow

I didn't think my comment was all that harsh especially compared to what was said on Jalopnik. But somehow it prompted a angry PM, hope those one liners on Jalopnik get a scolding as well

Let me make a few things clear:

#1 I'm not a new drift fan, up to about 2007 I was used to the drift commentary of Toshi Hayama (Worked for Apexi, Tech Director for Tokyo Drift, JDM Inside, etc). I was also raised watching F1 and other forms of motorsports. So my taste in commentary is a bit different then others, but its still a taste.

#2 My comment questioning the lack of talent and how much J-rod is paid by organizers is 100% serious. Its not too make a laugh or piss anyone off, although I see how it can. If there is a lack of talent in the industry or J-Rod gives the organizers a hell of a deal then my questions are answered and I see it as a valid choice of personnel. Well, its pretty clear J-Rod and Block are buddies and thats how he got the role.

#3 I didn't make it too the event due to prior obligations that were presented and scheduled about 8 months in advance. I've been participating and helping out with local club racing since I was strong enough to hold a wrench or grip a steering wheel. Tradition always comes before hype for me.

#4 Fans opinions no matter how malicious or stupid are still opinions. A unhappy customer in most cases wont be a returning shopper. In my line of work figuring out how to make the customers experience a satisfactory one equates to less angry voicemails, emails, and consumer reviews...no matter how frivolous and petty they might be. With that being said, I feel the comments on Jalopnik are little blunt and tasteless for my standard but I still consider their valid frustrations. I did not show up to the event or watch much of the stream so I personally cannot say my self J-Rod did a bad or good job... I thought I made that pretty clear in my original post.

Sincerly, Blaze1

As someone who goes to 3-4 FD events a year, I would have liked to see someone new/different MCing the event.
                        Last edited by Bebop; 12-07-2010, 12:28 AM.

Comment

I find it a bigger problem that proffessional blogs like Autoblog and Jalopnik announce Tanner Foust as if he was the only victor.

Comment

Working...
                          X