ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has the drifting scene slowed down in So cal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has the drifting scene slowed down in So cal??

I remember a year or 2 ago it seemed nearly everyweekend there was an event somewhere, We hit the wall the the orange show, Spun out many times at El toro and had mega fun 4 wheel drive drifting horse thief and the balcony, what has happened, I just do not see events happening??
    I am looking at finally getting back out there(myself driving) have I missed the boat??
    Leon Styles

Something happened with El Toro, talk to Drift Day about that. I heard a few diferent rumors, but those are good folk so I rather not speak about it.

I think NOS holds invite events every once in a while just to entertain the short track fans. But yea, ain't like the good ole days of drift buffet... I hang out with some of the old DB dudes and some of them don't even own drift cars anymore lol.

But wtf happened to inland drift at Perris fairgrounds? Here today "no events" tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by sidewaysrules View Post
      I remember a year or 2 ago it seemed nearly everyweekend there was an event somewhere, We hit the wall the the orange show, Spun out many times at El toro and had mega fun 4 wheel drive drifting horse thief and the balcony, what has happened, I just do not see events happening??
      I am looking at finally getting back out there(myself driving) have I missed the boat??
      Leon Styles
      check out Adams on a Thursday

Comment

I have been visiting Adams, Its cool, is there just no where local to go any more??
        Leon

Comment

New Justdrift schedule should be posted soon and Touke is still doing events. As far as inland drift, that was a good spot, murder on tires though. I heard that the Perris Fairgrounds just did not want to entertain the venue anymore and/or were asking way too much to keep it going.

Comment

There's plenty of events every week at Adams, every month up at Willow Springs, a few events here and there at Irwindale, and a rare event at Buttonwillow or NOS. I think if you want to drive, there's plenty of events to go drive at. There's just a lot less publicity about them because they're all pretty maxed out on entries. 626drift / just drift / drift day / adams / some smaller private groups.... there's plenty of tires being burned all the time

Comment

Working...
            X