Andy Yen's AE86 For Sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Yen's AE86 For Sale!

This car is legit, alot of interesting parts on this bad boy for a corolla!

http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=88454
    Last edited by Bebop; 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM.

12G? Really? And here I thought the ID tax was done long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
      12G? Really? And here I thought the ID tax was done long ago.
      This car probably has more then 30Gs invested in it and isn't really driven a whole lot... not your run of the mill corolla.... i seen this thing close up and I think its kinda worth the asking price.

Comment

$30G my @$$. There's nothing special about this car by any means and if he somehow managed to sink 30G into this, he's a buffoon. It's a red-top with a Kazz LSD, stock transmission and a stand-alone. Yee-haw. What's he putting down, 165hp? Totally worth 12G. No, really.

*edit* Oh but wait, he's got the mad JDM tyte yo Levin front end(well, most of it anyways). Totally brings up the value 5G's. I mean that's how the ID tax thing works, right?
        Last edited by Cavi Mike; 07-20-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

LOL... this is the funniest things I seen on this site in a minute (no disrespect)

Yoshiokas corolla had just about the same list of parts except for a fully built black top (which was beat up from nos abuse) and a retrofitted FC3S HKS Tranny. And the asking price was 36k...were they bafoons?

But yeah... if your not looking for a track ready yet streetable well built corolla the price can seem pretty steep. But overall if you paid someone to build a exact replica of this machine after parts and labor its going to come out to around 30Gs.

Comment

That engine had as much work done to it that could possibly be done to a 4AG plus it's a 20v. You'd have to have an Atlantic engine to compete with it. Plus it's a proven winner at the track, not a half-finished project that still needs tuning. And no one figures in labor-hours because if you paid someone to build a 25y/o Corolla, you're definitely a buffoon. DIY.

This is a middle-of-the-road Corolla and it's worth no more than 6G, mainly because of that drivetrain. Every spinny bit from under the hood straight to the rear-end needs to be ditched.

Comment

So the D1 corolla is worth 36K because it has a fully built 20v and was driven by a AE86 ace?

Why cant Yens cars sell at 24K less when all its missing is a built 20V,HKS tranny and Yoshiokas skill?

6K on that website will buy you a clean rust free chassis, springs shocks, aftermarket wheels and maybe a cool steering wheel.

I know ID tax is crazy but this surely isn't a case of that.... regardless the asking price hes only getting maybe 1/2 of the money put in it and none of the time and effort.

Comment

Working...
              X