Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brothaman240
    High 14s? maybe with a bad driver

I never really see bone stock sr swaped 240s, most have basic bolt ons, intake, down pipe, test pipe, exhaust

with those, and vlsd, my friend ran a 14.1 @97 2.1 60 stock boost.... now up that to 12 and he is in the 13s with just bolt ons
    I guess hes a bad driver... That or hes acruate.

Comment

do i have to show the time slip?? if you havent seen a bone stock sr swap come look at my car the only thing i have is a boost gauge stock intake, exhaust, intercooler, boost, ect everything i just wanted a baseline before the bolt-ons

Comment

lets see the time slip I can calculate it and see how much Hp your makeing.

Comment

Man up? Sure thing padre. Been to a dragstrip many times, don't think I've been to a dragway in my life though... Must be one of those American / Canadian language differences. Failure to grip reality is thinking that a 14 isn't fast, I drive my car every day and I can't find a reason to have a car that runs anything faster. I can't fathom driving 150mph on the way to the grocery store... and running 13's in a drift car is not REALLY a neccesity anyhow. Don't think the judges factor in your 1/4 mile times. But if you insist on wasting copious amounts of gas so you can get to the red light before grandma can in her gremlin that 1/4 mile just can't come fast enough!

Are you looking for the clip or just the engine? Or the engine and tranny? You've left some ambiguity in your question. As the SR engines become more and more available to the united states the prices are getting more reasonable. Theres alot of stuff on Ebay for SR20's these range from 1500$ for the engine to $2800 for a Red Top Front clip... if you trust Ebay...

Other than that California has a moderate amount of importers who would be happy to take your money for a good engine or clip.

Comment

give me a day or two ill have the slip on here

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Logan
              Man up? Sure thing padre. Been to a dragstrip many times, don't think I've been to a dragway in my life though... Must be one of those American / Canadian language differences.
              I guess that was sorta subliminal thing...I live right down the road from New England Dragway...hence, I think of it as "going to the dragway"...really more like "going to the Dragway".

Failure to grip reality is thinking that a 14 isn't fast, I drive my car every day and I can't find a reason to have a car that runs anything faster. I can't fathom driving 150mph on the way to the grocery store... and running 13's in a drift car is not REALLY a neccesity anyhow. Don't think the judges factor in your 1/4 mile times. But if you insist on wasting copious amounts of gas so you can get to the red light before grandma can in her gremlin that 1/4 mile just can't come fast enough!
              If you go to a dragstrip then you know 14 is slow. That's slow on street night never mind actual events.

Are you looking for the clip or just the engine? Or the engine and tranny? You've left some ambiguity in your question. As the SR engines become more and more available to the united states the prices are getting more reasonable. Theres alot of stuff on Ebay for SR20's these range from 1500$ for the engine to $2800 for a Red Top Front clip... if you trust Ebay...
              Engine, tranny, full harness, the works. I'm talking in the car running, probably with a fresh clutch and motor mounts and the other misc you should do when you have it all right in front of you. I'm looking for how much you are realisticly going to spend to do the swap and do it right.

Other than that California has a moderate amount of importers who would be happy to take your money for a good engine or clip.
              Useless, I drive a Volkswagen. One that is very slow, haha.
              Last edited by Parry; 06-23-2004, 01:15 PM.

Comment

If you drive a VW Fox you could shove an SR in that. That'd be a sleeper!

Comment

If you drive a VW Fox you could shove an SR in that. That'd be a sleeper!
                  mk2 GTI.

There's a turbo fox kicking around up here i've heard. Someone's mk4 got eaten for lunch by it a week or two ago, ahahaha.

It's much easier to go G60 if you want factory boost in a VW. Bosche management and Japanese turbo motors go together like BBQ sauce and bannanas.

RANDOM:
                  I'm semi-looking for a 944 MAF, if you have one. It's plug and play with the VW setup and due to larger size doesn't really flow more air but provides better runability. A bunch of VW guys are playing with them, and I'd figure I'd give it a try. I dunno if 944 guys are like vw guys... I'm pretty tapped out right now, and I got one parts car on jackstands, 3 16v heads, a full interior, 22 vw wheels, and a ton of other junk
                  Last edited by Parry; 06-24-2004, 11:10 AM.

Comment

17hrs left on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=46098

I think it may be what your looking for.

Comment

17hrs left on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=46098

I think it may be what your looking for.
                      Yea, that's exactly it. Unfortunately, it's now unavailable and all bids are being cancled by the seller hahaha.

No biggie, I'm not like in need, just in like I just wondered if you had one hanging around.

Comment

wow

Comment

Originally posted by shift_6x
                          wow

? lol

Comment

This Thread sure went downhill in a hurry!

Comment

i ran 12.8 but my car is modded. should run an 11.xx when tuned...

Comment

i like downhill, my car goes faster

Comment

Working...
                                X