Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift bible's 240sx gear change noise?

hey, i watched the drift bible, and i notice and strange, but good to the ear noise...like each time he switches gear, it does like a "clitccch"....anyone can tell me what/why is that sound comming from ?

I've never seen the video but most likely blow off valve or something of the sort, but thats just my guess.

-Zach

Comment

blow off valve, dude. im pretty sure.

Comment

Well this is great we now have 2 threads about this. Anyhow, somebody said that it is an HKS SSQBOV (Super SeQuential Blow-Off Valve) so look into that if you have an S14.

Comment

never seen that video either but i think he may be talking bout a kinda grinding noise some sequential transmissions make?

Comment

It's definitley a blow off valve. and scirocco, make sure you inform this guy that blow off valves are for TURBO CARS ONLY, and not just any S14

Comment

What I meant was that if he wants that exact sound, he's gonna need an S14. Somebody in the other thread about this said the same thing because it seemed that the guy only wanted that blow-off valve because he thought that his BOV noise would be the same. It all depends on piping diameter, boost pressure, wastegate, rpms, and many other variables. I just tried to summarize that in some short words.

Comment

OMG!! YOU.....YOU.....!!!!! nevermind.....omg

Comment

hey you might want to search next time to lower your flames. anyway there is already a post out like others said. It is here . Anyway they seem to think it is not blow off valves at all but just the resirclulation of the turbos spooling up. Check it out anyway. Hope this helps.

again. click-HERE -

Comment

i must say though the HKS super-sequential does sound really good.

Comment

Please see other ridiculous thread that is posted above.

This is a "New to Drifting" topic. Please post in the appropriate place.

Comment

Working...
                      X