Mid Enging Layout AKA MR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Enging Layout AKA MR

The best ever human engineering for a sports car and why it is the best to drift with. MR have great traction with the road due to its low gravity and balance. Entering a turn to fast and you get oversteer (which is what you want to in a drift) but you must remember that MR gives an extra kick in the rear so in order to compensate that countersteer earlier (thats why MR get faster lap times and faster corner entering and exiting...did someone say F1).

i don't know why people don't drift more MR cars. I own a mrs turbo myself, but i havn't drifted it yet do to my obsession with my ae86 at the momoent. That and i'm rebuilding the engine. I know somone else felt this yah as weel. Do a search. I think we had a thread going last week. You should like it.

Comment

Thank you for that BRILLIANT update on something we already knew. Why is it that every time a n00b learns about a certain kind of car he has to come here and blather on incoherently?

Comment

Originally posted by GRiDRaceTech
        Thank you for that BRILLIANT update on something we already knew. Why is it that every time a n00b learns about a certain kind of car he has to come here and blather on incoherently?
        hoho have you heard about rear engine cars? apparently there are some now.

Comment

Originally posted by zerodrifter
          i don't know why people don't drift more MR cars. I own a mrs turbo myself, but i havn't drifted it yet do to my obsession with my ae86 at the momoent. That and i'm rebuilding the engine. I know somone else felt this yah as weel. Do a search. I think we had a thread going last week. You should like it.
          Rx7s are MR cars.

Comment

you must be joking^^

Comment

I guess he is correct, but it is a bit of a stretch.

Comment

well iquess technically the 7 is FMR.

Comment

something like that. I try not to think about stuff like that. It makes my head hurt.

Comment

That is true about the rx-7s. But I believe that front engine is when the engine is in front of the driver. Rear engine is when it is behind the rear axle. Mid-engine is when it is between the driver and the front axle. But I guess using the front axle to measure this would make more sense. It's really a grey area.

Comment

There is no grey area...It is or it isn't.

Comment

Just wanted to see what people would say.

Comment

First, off, what was the point of this thread? We are not here to preach, children.

Secondly, the rx-7 is not mr. It's balanced well because the engine is behind the front axle, but it's still in front of the driver. it technically should be in front of the rear axle and behind the driver. notice, the x7 doesn't handle like an mr. It handles like a perfectly balanced fr, because it is one. Pmi changes greatly when you put an engine behind you, regardless of axles.

Comment

"It handles like a perfectly balanced fr". i like them but they do not have perfect weight distribution. my car does not even have 50/50 but its really close. the RX7 transmission as we all know is in the front. my transmission is in the rear. yeah MR is really a good set up for grip but people should use them more often for drifting. new cars should be used for drifting period.

Comment

Originally posted by pork_poney
                              First, off, what was the point of this thread? We are not here to preach, children.

Secondly, the rx-7 is not mr. It's balanced well because the engine is behind the front axle, but it's still in front of the driver. it technically should be in front of the rear axle and behind the driver. notice, the x7 doesn't handle like an mr. It handles like a perfectly balanced fr, because it is one. Pmi changes greatly when you put an engine behind you, regardless of axles.
                              Word

Comment

Working...
                              X