Do Shoes Help Your Technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Valkyrie
    Wow. You must have a really short attention span.

I've watched it 10+ times and I pick up a new, usually important detail every time I watch it that I didn't remember or realize before.

i do have a short attention span, it also doesnt interest me, because id rather learn things on my own, and thats why i use the e-brake alot less then other people.

Comment

• lol bob speaks words of wisdom. i HAD some awsome slippers that i started wearing to school and stuff. they are very nice for driving because you feel everything. i think my mom put them in the trash because she hated the idea of wearing slippers in school <8- (

Comment

• Oakley Racing Shoes

I think a while back, I found some oakley racing shoes on sale posted at a bargain site... I didn't even know Oakley made racing equipments... hmmm.... interesting.

Here is the link www.tunerbargains.com/accessories.htm

OAKLEY RACING MID TOP SHOE SALE - $225
        (10/25) SafeRacer.com has a sale on Oakley racing shoes. Oakley enters with the Race Mid Shoe! Formula One FIA approved Professional Grade racing footwear of 100% engineered construction. Patented CarbonX® flame-resistant lining outperforms all known standards on the NFPA 2112 Flame Resistant Garments testing protocol. Self-extinguishing split suede for comfort and flexibility in a mid-rise design. High-grip NBS vulcanized rubber outsole, optimized for tactile response on race pedals. Low-density advanced polymer EVA midsole for heel support and resilient shock absorption. CarbonX® batting and fire-retardant leather heel counter / inner sole for added protection.
        Fetch this Deal! Exp: ???

Comment

• Neoprene booties, aquasocks, whatever you call them. They rule all. They have extremely good mobility, you can almost feel through them, AWESOME grip, and they are very very cheap. They just aren't fire retardant^.

Comment

• I'm new to this website. I drive an FF and am just learning to Left Foot Brake. I can drive grip style though. I agree with some of the posts that came before mine. My driving shows are the old-school low-top chucks. Now, heel-toe shifting in Doc Martens is real difficult.

Comment

• Low top converse all starts are NOT chuck taylors. They are simply all-stars.

Comment

• damn boy..calm down..low top all-stars are still called chuck t's buddy..make sure you get your facts right about your shoes before you post...woo i never thought id be saying that on a drifting forum..

edit: ive been rockin the bobo's (aka chuck ts) for years now...pathetic how i know these things
                Last edited by markeese180sx; 12-09-2004, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• right on markeese180sx.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax13
                    Low top converse all starts are NOT chuck taylors. They are simply all-stars.
                    yo mang, why you gotta bag on mah low top chuck teeees.

seriously though, i just got some sick black hightop converse with red interior and red stiching. I sewed an operation ivy patch over the circle converse sign, looks fuggen tight. you dont notice it at first because its similar shape but then when you look at it its really the operation ivy symbol

Comment

• Sorry, I am a punk from way back. Before they go Co-opted by everyone and became trendy, thats and combat boots were like our uniform. We all stopped wearing them because converse was bought by nike, and we do not like the concept of having sweatshop made shoes. they no longer say "Made in the USA." Also, the fact is, low top chuck taylors arn't the original shoes our parents wears. The low top were made to conform to the market.
                      Last edited by madmax13; 12-16-2004, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by madmax13
                        Low top converse all starts are NOT chuck taylors. They are simply all-stars.
                        yo mang, why you gotta bag on mah low top chuck teeees.

seriously though, i just got some sick black hightop converse with red interior and red stiching. I sewed an operation ivy patch over the circle converse sign, looks fuggen tight. you dont notice it at first because its similar shape but then when you look at it its really the operation ivy symbol

Comment

• oops!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drift IT
                            I use the Adidas Samba but soon i plan to get the sparco or puma racing shoe......anyone ever tried www.saferacer.com ??
                            ya got some sparco gloves from them. Good place, nice ppl.

Comment

• Thats cool, Operation Ivy is sweet. UNITY!

Comment

• here are my choice of shoes, not just cause they are awesome for driving but because they are just plain out rockin!

vans slip-ons baby!!
                                Last edited by frictionfighter; 01-02-2005, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X