240sx gas tank leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx gas tank leaks

Dang...this is the second time it has happened to me. My gas tank is leaking... It's very weird i still don't know what i hit(I was told i hit something the last time), never even felt any major bottoming out. My s14 isn't very low either, I have springs that are rated for a 1.25" lowering. I was wondering if any of you 240 owners ever had this problem? When this first occuried, two years ago, I didn't see any FAQ on sites such as 240sx.org or anyother post on other sites, and now that its happened again i wonder if this has happened often, chances are that it doesn't. I'm guessing this could be what some people call bad luck.

Do you have a more specific location than just your gas tank? There are a few lines up there that could be leaking unless it's your gas tank specifically. There's a return, high pressure, vapor relief, fill, and one other hose up there but forgot what it was for. Check those, I had a leak on the vapor relief hose that caused gas to literally pour to the floor. I fixed that, and that was after I had replaced all the regular hoses with fuel injection approved gates fuel lines.

Comment

Originally posted by 180fan View Post
      Do you have a more specific location than just your gas tank? There are a few lines up there that could be leaking unless it's your gas tank specifically. There's a return, high pressure, vapor relief, fill, and one other hose up there but forgot what it was for. Check those, I had a leak on the vapor relief hose that caused gas to literally pour to the floor. I fixed that, and that was after I had replaced all the regular hoses with fuel injection approved gates fuel lines.
      The other hose is a pick up for the drivers side of the tank, my tank just started leaking a while ago, its the point where that pick up plugs in to the tank, this neck is part of the tank as far as I know, at least the parts department at the Nissan dealer i work at can't set it separate. If you didn't know, to drop the tank the rear sub-frame must be dropped. My 240 is all apart sitting on the lift it really sucks

Comment

Working...
      X