ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRIFT Day 13 - AE86 20 Year Anniversary Event Owner's Meet and Drift Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRIFT Day 13 - AE86 20 Year Anniversary Event Owner's Meet and Drift Day.

Drift Day 13 - AE86 20Year Anniversary Event Owner's Meet and Drift Day.

Press Release and Event Information

Hosted by: Drift Association LLC.
    Sponsored by Falken Tire Corporation (USA)
    Event Venue and Course Staffing: Drift Association LLC
    Venue: California Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana, California 92335.
    Date: Saturday, February 21, 2004 / 7am ~ 5pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Festivities:

Corolla and MR2 Gathering by Club4AG Commemorating 20 Year Anniversary of 4A-GE

Drifting Practice: Drift Day 13 - California Speedway, once again... A total drifting experience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Show and Swap Meet (Lot 11)

A Club4AG meet of largest kind. Collection of Toyota Cars from all eras welcome. Commemoration of 20th Anniversary of the 4A-GE engine and AE86 /AW11 models. Owners are encouraged to bring their cars for a random drawing prizes. Show winners will receive trophies for various categories sleceted by Club4AG, Toysport America and Falken Tires USA.

Be a Toyota fan! Let's have fun!

Car show deadline is 9AM, please be on time so that registrations and show spaces can be open to public early in the day!!

Pricing:

General Admission ($10)

Car Show and Swap Meet Spot Fee ($15) REGISTER FOR CAR SHOW HERE (NOT FOR DRIFT DAY Driving PRACTICE)

Drift Day 13 - Drift Practice Sessions (LOT 12)

Note: cars do not need be Toyota to join the Drift Day portion of the event

Pricing:

Drift Day - Standard Drift Day Fee: $100 (Online Only/ $120 On-Site)

Drift Day - Ladies Drift Day Fee: $75 (online only/ $120 On-Site)

Drift Day - Senior (Over 40) Fee: $80 (Online Only/ $120 On-Site) REGISTER FOR DRIFT DAY DRIVING Practice HERE

Rules and Regulations

All drivers must be present for check-in by 7:30 am, Driver's Meeting is mandatory.

Spectators will NOT be allowed on the course area.

Passengers are NOT allowed at anytime during Drift Day, unless otherwise specified.

Helmets are required at all times for drivers participating at this event (helmets must meet/exceed Snell SA95, MA95 or later ratings)

Outside of the courses, there will be NO testing, burn-outs, practices, in any portions of the venue, and violators will be removed without refund immediately. Please observe a 5 mph speed limit in paddocks and parking areas.

Be prepared to have fun, to learn, and be SAFE...

In all case, all drivers are self-responsible for any damages to his/her own car. A rule is enforced for each accident / collision where drivers are responsible for any damages to his own car only regardless of who may be at fault. In no circumstance are event holder, venue provider, sponsors or participants/ spectators responsible for any damages as consequence of attending the event.

There will be absolutely NO passengers allowed in competition cars during practice and competitions. Hands and feet must be kept inside the vehicle at all times, those drivers not following rules set forth by the organizers at driver's meeting will be REMOVED from the premises and will forfeit the cost of entry and participation completely. Rules WILL be strictly enforced for the safety of all drivers and for the sake of smooth flow of the event. Thank you for your cooperation!!

Tech Inspection Sheet (Download here)

Overview of Drift Day Drift Practice Sessions:

(Advanced to Intermediate Drivers)

California Speedway Lot 12 will accommodate a high speed course layout and as such we will be making the legendary 3rd-gear sweeper sections for those in need to practice for competitions. As such the event will cater mainly to intermediate and advanced drifters. Also on this venue will be a low-speed course for isolated approach practices and side braking zone. A Skid pad and J-Turn areas will also be provided for testing and evaluations.

The participants of this event will be divided into 3 groups, in which each of the groups running in one of 3 sessions, 2 of witch are in-seat driving time and 1 spent outside assisting and observing the 2 driver groups with instructors, as well as classroom type Q&A briefing to mentally boost your skills for the following driving sessions throughout the day. Each group will receive equal driving and course observation durations.

Approximately 5 hours of driving time can be expected from a late-winter event.

The cost of the event to participants will be $100 Online and $120 On-Site (if spots are not full) Register Below for the participation in drifting practice and lessons. Please register early as these Drift Day events are extremely popular and have been known to sell out within a few days. We cannot make additional room as we uphold the quality of the event by limiting and assuring the course time, instructor count and fun factor.

Thank you for your interest and we hope to see you there!
    Preparation for the event:

Proof of Payment (printed copy if paid on-line)

At least 2 spare tires (no one will be allowed to run with "temporary spare" tires or tires with no tread left.

Brake pads should have more than 25% of useful life or will fail tech.

Flush and bleed, and purge brake systems

Extra oil and radiator hoses (suggested)

Water ( For people and cars)

Working Jack and basic tools

Masking Tape, Duct Tape, and chalk

Snell SA95, MA95 or newer rating approved helmet (driver) NO LOANER AVAILABLE

Remove floor mat, loose items, amps, and subwoofers.

Remove all hubcaps before entering track.

Make sure seatbelts are secure and all doors and openings are latched securely.

Preparation for wet weather is also suggested if forecasts warrant such climate. Event will be rain or shine.

Fire Extinguishers are nice to have in your paddock area

Throttle action smooth

Steering linkages in good order

Tail-lamps working order

Lights and lenses taped and secure

All lug nuts tightened to 80ft/lbs torque and present at all studs

Hubs, links, mounts tight

Window cracks over 3 inches must be repaired

All body panels must be present

Must have at least 3/32nd of one inch tread on tires

Seatbelts in proper locations and attached securely according to specifications

All convertibles / open top / soft top cars must have roll bars equal or exceeding 4 points from uni-body or sub frame

Tow hooks must be present on at least one location on vehicle

PRE TECH INSPECTIONS - (MANDATORY) only if you live within 25 miles of Los Angeles Area. Inspections will also be performed on the morning of the event. Please pre-check yourself in such case to ensure you can pass the inspections in the morning.

Inspections are performed free of charge at the following locations:

G Speed Corporation - Parts Dept.

Attn: Kenji and Maki

12519 Cerise Ave., Hawthorne CA 90250
    (877) SPEED-08
    Open Mon ~Sat 8:00am - 6:00pm

By Appointment

Cartune Motorsports

Cartune Motorports
    City of Industry CA
    (626)934-9808

Spectators:

The venue will be closed for general public spectators once a maximum capacity of the venue is reached.

Media:

There will not be any video-graphy allowed for the purpose of commercial use or sale without consent of Drift Association LLC. All video-graphy must be approved by Drift Association LLC for any public or private use. We stand on this rule to minimize the dangers to photographers as well as maintaining the safety and relaxed atmosphere of the participants.

Contacts:

General questions regarding participation and details of this event should be addressed to moto@club4ag.com

Entry status and accounting questions addressed to naoki@club4ag.com

Media requests should be addressed to naoki@club4ag.com

Anyone going? Want's to roll with me and alyssa?

Comment

How far is it from sd?
      I might be able to just need to figure out my schedule

Comment

5 to 4 hrs away.

Comment

damn kind of alot if you live in sd i sad to say that i dont think ill be going its just i dont have time to drive for 4 to 5 hour to a place that if never been to

Comment

how far from sacramento

Comment

sacramento? holy crap better take a plane...not sure how long itll take but its southeast of la.

Comment

If your live in san diego it will take 1hr 42 min to get there. I haven't been there but I check the yahoo map.

Comment

I barely passed tech inspection today.. I think..

I'll be there with this car..

Comment

having secound thoughts about going thanks to Nismo_r34 i might just go now

Comment

Best event ever! The weather was just absolutely perfect. The light drizzle throughout the entire day made oversteering a piece of cake! I had an awesome time and I only went through one pair of tires. Woo hoo! For pictures, click here: http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=61506

Comment

Working...
                      X