Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRAKE CHECK.. CHECK! FORMULA DRIFT l

BRAKE CHECK.. CHECK! FORMULA DRIFT l

Front brake lights were installed on the Formula Drift Cars this year.

roundd 1 is in 2 daysS!! Can't waitt

Comment

Originally posted by INFO View Post
      BRAKE CHECK.. CHECK! FORMULA DRIFT l

Front brake lights were installed on the Formula Drift Cars this year.
      that is awesome ! i believe if you brake check someone you should be DQ'd. just my opinion.

Comment

This will be interesting. Let's see some pics!

Comment

So what is the official rule on brake checking if any? Or are the judges just going to frown upon it?

Comment

don't do it.

as the lead car, you have to drive within 5% of your qualifying line, and should be going as fast as possible.

Comment

i said to do this years ago

and got nasty feedback

Comment

i recall this being a issue back years ago too. the main target of 'brake check' accusations and 'switches' was millen.

Comment

There were quite a few brake checking instances where these front brake lights would help.

But if I remember correctly back in 2006 Millen was pretty upset bc Daijiro e-braked when coming into the oval at Wall, NJ which landed Millen in second place instead of the first place he thought he deserved. With all the new independent brake set-ups these guys are running now I wonder how they would be able to catch these mishaps.

I think the new rule is great but with a judged motorsport like this, there are always going to be ways to use trickery. We can only hope the drivers will just give it their best driving efforts and stay away from the bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad H. View Post
                    With all the new independent brake set-ups these guys are running now I wonder how they would be able to catch these mishaps.

I think the new rule is great but with a judged motorsport like this, there are always going to be ways to use trickery. We can only hope the drivers will just give it their best driving efforts and stay away from the bs.
                    w3rd. Why is this brake check problem only in American drifting? Bc America has to make everything commercialized and only the money to be made is looked at.

Keep Drifting FUN!

Comment

Working...
                    X