ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd question regarding a transmission idea..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
    If you're talking to me, I have a stock KA. But power isn't what I'm getting at. You can have 40bhp and still ruin a tranny by slaming into a lower gear while under a load. Like I said, I know someone who's knocked out their transmission by slamming into gear like that. Granted, there was a little bit more weight behind it, but it's hard on it all the same.
    actually talking to the original poster--my bad

hollister??

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post

hollister??
      My bad. No worries though.

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post

hollister??

With this car I'm stock currently. But I am building a spare KA with a T25/28 for about 250whp...

I know this isn't enough to really threaten the KA transmission..but again, that wasn't the point of the thread...

Comment

We ran a auto (th350) in the Bubba Drift el camino, it worked nicely and was reliable - took a lot of abuse. BUT - not being able to clutch kick was something that limited us sometimes. Also, we had a supercharged V8 with a broad powerband, a turbo KA would be very different.

Comment

Originally posted by z28evans View Post
            We ran a auto (th350) in the Bubba Drift el camino, it worked nicely and was reliable - took a lot of abuse. BUT - not being able to clutch kick was something that limited us sometimes. Also, we had a supercharged V8 with a broad powerband, a turbo KA would be very different.
            Thanks for the reply! This is the kinda info I wanted to hear!

Actually, this whole set-up will probably be powering a Lexus SC400 with a supercharger...

Just wanted to get thoughts on the idea for a 240sx..

Comment

Working...
            X