ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"DRIFT TRUCK" Im gonna Do It!!! Goods and Bads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is only one issue that the larger sanctioning bodies have when it comes to trucks, the allowance to cut/modify the frame and cab enough to allow a drift truck to sit properly (read, SLAMMED). You could work with standard lowering blocks and spindles, but the leafs need to honestly be ditched in favor of a four-link with a Panhard bar, but again, most bodies won't allow for it. Going grassroots, you could get away with these modifications. Looking to go pro in a truck, not very likely. Which is why I'm doing the S13-Truck now instead of using a D21.

Comment

• Hardbody. Go with a SR20det. Makes plenty of power to move a little pick up. I have one in my Cressida and I know that weighs a good 500 pounds or more then what a hardbody does and the SR gets the job done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toycoma View Post
        Hardbody. Go with a SR20det. Makes plenty of power to move a little pick up. I have one in my Cressida and I know that weighs a good 500 pounds or more then what a hardbody does and the SR gets the job done.
        My 2WD 4cylinder Hardbody weighed 3400+ lbs. What does a Cressida weigh?

Comment

• 3400+ sounds more like your gross vehical weight rating. My 02 tacoma weighs around 2800 and my gvwr is like 3500. the cressida weighs about 3100 right now.
          Last edited by Toycoma; 01-30-2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• I'll tell you, it felt like 3400 lbs. when I was pushing it around.

Comment

Working...
            X