Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Z3 Driftcar

Originally posted by AllMotorKing View Post
    do a search on bimmerforums on the chasis. some say the sedan is stiffer due to the b-pilar design. I'm still not convinced that this is true.

as for the z3, the wheelbase and other characteristics of that car (similar to the miata) would make it harder to drift. The semi-trailing arm rear suspension is not bad for drifting. It's "lively" characteristics probably makes it easier. hehe.

I think that's why you see a lot of e30's drifting in europe. it's the euro corolla. hehe.

I have been drifting in a couple of years whith my Bmw Z3 M Coupe and itīs going quiet well, I ended up at 3:e place last year i Nordic Drifting series.
    The engine is a 3,2 l 340hp and I use a 6 speed transm. 3:91 in the rear and always a new pair of tires..
    Here is a link to a clip that was taken in north of Sweden at a carshow in this summer.. we was out on a airport and had som fun.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W5btVk-UZE

We are building a new engine whit a turbo so it will be easier to drift in higher speeds.
    We have 100 mph at entryspeed at Mantorp Racingtrack...

/ Mike

Comment

sweet Z3Mcoupe!!
      You should sell me your old engine after you swap in the new turbo

any specs on that mtech2 e30?

Comment

e34 535

i was thinking the same thing....i to know what kinda suspension setup wpould be ideal for my bmw...its a 91 535..so far from what ive read the lsd seems to be the main component to upgrade on the car to get me drifting and learning rapidly...what about shocks and springs...does kaaz make an lsd for my model bmw?ans as far as suspension should i only worry about the shocks springs and sway bars for now? what company makes more or less the most dependable suspension i may need thats on the market for my model bmw...im guessing i should eliminate the self leveling suspension huh?...any insight would be great i'll keep reading the thread but any feedback would be greatly appreciated
        Thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X