Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started

Hey guys,

I'm new to the drifting scenes and I was just wondering if you all could help me out by answering a few questions.
    I have an RB20DET with a stock T25 ceramic turbo on a stock skyline drivetrain.

I need some opions on all the electronics that are need for my car.
    I need a total guide on turbo and how to maintain it.
    Need to know the important parts that are required to drift.

I'm just a teen going into college and U need to know how to get started in the drift scene.

Any opions?
    Thanks guys

turbo timer

Comment

why dont u start by checking out drift contests and events around ur area...

look for people who have drifting down well and ask for rides on their runs, pay attention to what they are doing, ask em for advice...and if u cant find a drifting contest in ur area check out some video's from option magazine they will get u started... =)

Comment

Re: Getting started

Originally posted by XOD
        Hey guys,

I'm new to the drifting scenes and I was just wondering if you all could help me out by answering a few questions.
        I have an RB20DET with a stock T25 ceramic turbo on a stock skyline drivetrain.

I need some opions on all the electronics that are need for my car.
        I need a total guide on turbo and how to maintain it.
        Need to know the important parts that are required to drift.

I'm just a teen going into college and U need to know how to get started in the drift scene.

Any opions?
        Thanks guys
        ok, i'm kinda' confused here....what are you doing w/ the skyline driveline anyway and what's it in (or going in)? also, why'd you buy that if you're a newbie to the scene?

anyway, to try to answer some of your questions:
        you'll need some kind of computer to regulate the fuel, ignition, and timing...the stock skyline ecu does that fine, but if it's gonna' be a custom swap (into another car) you'll prob. need a stand alone ecu for the engine. Greddy makes one, and there is also the LINK (prob. my fav. option)

as for a turbo guide, look on amazon.com for a turbo maintaince guide or something....and yeah, you'll deff. need a turbo timer to save that turbo (i like the blitz ones the best, that's what i run on my WRX).

for drifting....you need a safe manual tranny, FR car....good suspension and a L.S.D. is alway nice too! basically that's it.

since you have the skyline driveline i'm assuming you're wanting to put that into a 240sx right? so i guess look for a S13 or S14 (if you don't already have one). if it would fit....that swap would be sick in a FC or Mk3 supra! i'd love to see that.

oh well, still trying to figure out why a teenage newbie drifter has a skyline driveline (or do you have an entire skyline?....which would baffel me even more). hope this helps and good luck.
        Last edited by JonnySlick; 08-03-2003, 07:40 PM.

Comment

If you dont want to spend cash on a turbo timer then letting the engine run on idle a few minutes before you turn it off will save the turbo just as good.

Comment

Hey Guys, i'm also a newbi to drifting, I have always drifted or power slided around turns and what not, I have been in a starion/conquest club, and have been told by a few guys that I should get into drifting, so I would like to know how do i find out about drift comps in my area, is there like clubs? new letters? as i said im a newbi to the import sceen.

Peace
            Ted
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X