ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My RX-7, be Jealous! I know you want to be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RX-7, be Jealous! I know you want to be...

so here it is, the moment that most of you, no, all of you have been waiting for... what my car now looks like.

before i show the pictures i want to set you up, it is fully gutted,
    including the sun roof. for the roof i have a peice of sheet metal that is riveted on. there is no fender linings, no under engine lining, nothing.
    the vac. lines have been removed and i only have about 3 left.
    the fuel lines have been re-routed,
    the coolant has been re-routed,
    the AFM has been flipped so you can see the coffers,
    removed cold start
    removed windsheild wiper fluid container and motor
    the air/smog pump has been removed
    the PS removed and i kept the PS rack
    AC removed,
    belt driven fan has been replaced by a Pontiac Fiero (V6) Electic Fan,
    complete TB mod,
    HKS supermega flow intake filter,
    Cusco front underbrace
    ebay special Rear strut tower bar
    some poly urithane bushings
    Porterfield R4S Race brake pads
    blue lowering springs (either cusco or sus.tech. dont know)
    relocated battery
    PA speaker
    CB Radio
    6' CB antenna
    Naca duct headlight cover ($7 junk yard special)
    HD2 SPL front Lip
    SPL hood lift
    street clutch (dont remember maker, i think it is exedy)
    OSH Olive Drab paint
    OSH Flat black paint
    Vibrant green (when clean) Tow Hitch
    Removed Pre-cats, and Hollowed Main cat to a High Flow Mustang Muffler

i think there is some other stuff, but i cant quite remember all of them now...
    all of this work i have done myself, i have also swapped in another engine as well as 2 trannys. this car has never been to the shop to have any work done on it. the only place i go to is Martin's Garage, which is a garage at my friends house, with normal hand tools and such.

This 88 GTU is daily driven, and makes frequent passes on the mountains, usually 4 times a week, as far as battle damage goes there is a perfect formation of the gaurdrail on the rear driver quarter pannel. how it happened; Martin and i went black Ice drifting on the mountain. damage on the font fender, hitting the gaurdrail, then hitting the rear of martins car. also from martin hitting me at drift day 21. the front bumper is from many things; hitting martin at a bunch of stop lights, pushing an MK3 supra to a shell station after he hit the mountain wall, pushing an AE86 to a shell station after his car died, and many other things

the Tow Hitch has been used to Help an FD that was stuck, pull martin from the mountain to his garage, approx 20 miles, also it saved my car's life at dd21; on the dirty course i had a steep angle and was holding it really well, but the dirt caught me and i just kept sliding, hitting the concrete imbankment all it did was bend my muffler (picture below).

and now for the pictures
    Roof
    Rear Bumper
    Passenger Side
    passenger side front
    Front
    Driver Side
    Engine Bay
    Engine Bay 2
    Engine Bay 3
    Muffler

on the side of my car it says YOUR BRAND NAME HERE!, in an army font

-Zach The Crazy Octopus!!
    papercar ltd.
    Tow Hitch Car#02

hahahaha I remember you.... you were the guy that was in line behind my friend at Drift showoff man ur crazy lol. I'm jealous of ur car

Comment

I like it. Right on man.

Comment

nice job, i am very jealous of your sweet octopus sticker.

Comment

im so jealous.......i want a fc!!!

Comment

I thought I rigged stuff.

Comment

i checked your car out at drift day. i like it.

Comment

sd what car did you drive?

and it isnt an octopus sticker. my car was originally white. before i painted my car flat olive drab i taped out the octopus, sprayed the car. and when i was done i took of the tape and the octopus emerged.

i have a hard time getting stickers to stick onto my car.

Comment

i drove the golden/brown s13 coupe that was leaking a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* load of coolant and was on a jack stand most of the day

i honestly got maybe an hour and a half.

first i didnt have a gas cap and gas started shooting out the side off my car all over the track, then my car wouldnt stay cold. hoorah!!!!!

Comment

woooooooowwwwww! your car is AWESOME! Take it off any SWEET jumps? Heck, turn that PA speaker towards your SMF filter and maybe it'll be like forced induction! Then your car will break every time you go out driving! Sweeeeeeeeeetness! You need a bigger antenna!

Comment

dude I'm sorry, I probably should have said this before but I held back for some reason.

Your car is the perfect example of how details ruin the overall effect.

I'm really not trying to be harsh, and the style/look you are going for I am a fan of, but it really just comes up short. Overall the car is not poorly done, but so so so many details have been overlooked as to completely ruin it. In short, it just looks like a heap.

First, and foremost, the car is filthy inside and out.

I understand the paint is homebrew, but a little care and time in the prep work and application goes a long way. The bumper with the red, the overspray on the trunk lid, and the splotchy paint are killing you.

I don't know if you could pound out the rear quarter from the inside but how hard could that be?

That sunroof......I don't even know. I will put it simply....the quality of your craftsmanship reflects you as a person. Even if you welded it, smoothed it, bondo'd it, and painted it you would be 200 times better off. That would take you what, all of an afternoon?

I'm not trying to anger anyone or any crap like that. I just think that your car is suffering from a severe lack of attention to detail. It really is not that hard to have a decent looking car, all it takes is some time and effort.

I'm going to chalk this one up to someone telling all the drift kiddies it's cool to drive a heap. People, you need to understand that your car reflects it's owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry
                        dude I'm sorry, I probably should have said this before but I held back for some reason.

Your car is the perfect example of how details ruin the overall effect.

I'm really not trying to be harsh, and the style/look you are going for I am a fan of, but it really just comes up short. Overall the car is not poorly done, but so so so many details have been overlooked as to completely ruin it. In short, it just looks like a heap.

First, and foremost, the car is filthy inside and out.

I understand the paint is homebrew, but a little care and time in the prep work and application goes a long way. The bumper with the red, the overspray on the trunk lid, and the splotchy paint are killing you.

I don't know if you could pound out the rear quarter from the inside but how hard could that be?

That sunroof......I don't even know. I will put it simply....the quality of your craftsmanship reflects you as a person. Even if you welded it, smoothed it, bondo'd it, and painted it you would be 200 times better off. That would take you what, all of an afternoon?

I'm not trying to anger anyone or any crap like that. I just think that your car is suffering from a severe lack of attention to detail. It really is not that hard to have a decent looking car, all it takes is some time and effort.

I'm going to chalk this one up to someone telling all the drift kiddies it's cool to drive a heap. People, you need to understand that your car reflects it's owner.
                        i agree for the most part.

it is filthy in the engine bay because i go rallying. also it was raining last week and i hit some mudd splotches. and dd21 had a dirt track, kinda, and that didnt help either

the front bumper loos that way becasue i butt tap my friends cars, and whenever someone is stuck on the moutain i push them to help them coasst their way down, and then i tow them home with the toe hitch

i once tried to get the dent out, but right where it is there are soo many little metal peices that get in the way, so i just stopped. i could drill a hole and then pull it out, but y go through the effort when i know that i am going to crash again?

the roof used to look good, it was securely on, and did have a nice finish, but becasue i stand on my car put tools on it, and then before dd21 i just pounded the shiet out of it so that i could fit it loks some of it's luster. also i am looking into getting a carbon fiber sheet, one that hasnt been heat treated yet, to cover it up. but i have yet to come up wiht the money.

i am a pretty ruff guy, so yea i think my boro car fits me.

Comment

Damn looks like someones fc has been to war and back

Comment

the fekle green really fits that peice.

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
                              Damn looks like someones fc has been to war and back

that is the second time someone has said that. the other time someone said... looks like your fc came out of a war

ahahha

Comment

Working...
                              X