ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Drifters! Irwindale! Snoop Dogg! (Oct. 25th)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z28evans
    People go to watch drifting to be entertained and have FUN. Stay home if you want, stay closed minded, complain because it's not how YOU would run it. I'd got to watch if it wsan't so far away. I like Formula D and how they run things

yes i go to get entertained too... but the point is, do u really need all the other stuff to the side? i mean common, snoop dogg? do u want someone who is COMPLETELY new to drifting, knows nothing about it go to this event and watch the drifting... than snoop and prolly a car show... in his mind he will connect the 3.. than snoop + cars = unerground/tuner/gangsta/ lifestyle... do u want him to think this?

Comment

I love drifting..if there are things going on around it that I don't like..I don't care..I will still drift or watch and ignore those things...because those other things don't matter to me. If they played country music (which I hate, sorry to those who like it) I'd still be there..I'd have no problem getting over their music choice by the sounds of better music..ie: tires screaching, motors revving, turbines spooling, etc. There's plenty of ear candy to help me ignore the songs about losing your dog, wife, and truck. Wise up people..money is REQUIRED to run these events..sometimes we don't like the sponsors..but oh well, they helped flip the bill so YOU could drift or be a spectator...so deal with it...if you can't you're just a freakin' poser and you should go to 7-11 and buy your Import Tuna and hang out in a parking lot and hard park with all your poser friends. My $0.02...

Comment

do u want someone who is COMPLETELY new to drifting, knows nothing about it go to this event and watch the drifting... than snoop and prolly a car show... in his mind he will connect the 3.. than snoop + cars = unerground/tuner/gangsta/ lifestyle... do u want him to think this?
        If they are COMPLETELY new to drifting, what brought them out? There are those who will think of the lifestyle part, but others will learn and like drifting. It's a way to get the word out and grow the sport.

Comment

yarzan...if that person is serious about their interest they will get into it deeper, and see that snoop has nothing to do with it...unless that person is an idiot poser, yes an IDIOT POSER that wouldnt even know why he/she was doing what they were doing, like most of the people on this board and many others across the internet...im not talking about you so please dont take it that way....people its up to us to take out of these situations what we can, and hopefully smart people will see this for what it is; entertainment. Even if any other group country, rock, trance, house, classical, or what ever was there, it would be the same = little to no connection to drift, i dont care what anyone says to that, its the truth. I personally listen to all kinds of sh*t when I work on or am out playin with my car, for entertainment, thats about it, and every other person i know is the same way with all kinds of different music...we as individuals need to make the distinctions, its not that hard, when you learn more about something your into you see what it is really like and how it works.....you know what this reminds me of people that b*tch to a shop that their car blew up after they bought a turbo kit....and didnt know how it worked, yet they installed it themselves cause they saw a friend do it....that is an idiot poser....same person that says "wow, im already a gang banging clown now i gcan be a drifter just like snoop" which is also the same person that would say "snoop dogg, awww drifting sucks!!!!"
          ...think about it....

Comment

I'm not going to come on here and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* because I think enough of the formula d guys are pissed at me and I don't need another catfight with another pro. I am just going to ask one simple question...

Why are the only people defending formula d the ones that are directly involved with it? BooZT and Garage do the filming for it, Z28evans drives in it and picked up a few sponsors, anonymous is Ryan from slipstream I believe, both Alex P. and Alex C. drive in it and get alot of publicity through it, and everyone else seems to bag on the event.

I've lost a few friends because of my views on the event. Oh well. Like I said, I'm not gonna go off because I don't care anymore. I just had that one question.

If there are you guys out there, from the cali area, that have gone to the events, that are NOT related to the formula d events that wish to defend it, I challenge you to post up. We wanna hear you too. Until that happens, I stand by my question above.

Comment

Originally posted by STFUAD
              I've lost a few friends because of my views on the event. Oh well. Like I said, I'm not gonna go off because I don't care anymore.
              Maybe there's a more important question you should ask yourself. Many people are afraid to post their feelings because of people like you who post what you do. I mean..maybe the reason you lost your friends goes much deeper than Formula D..ask yourself that. You, of course, have every right to post what ever you want within reason, but it seems like all you ever do is complain...I see no action. What have you done to help better the drifting "community" (I hate to call it that, but for conversations sake) and why should we respect you or listen to anything you have to say for that matter? Tell us all, because I'm sure not only the people involved in some shape or form with Formula D are curious about it. One more thing..if you don't care anymore why are you still here jabbering?

Comment

im guessing hubinette will win again in his viper. congrats to sam in advance

Comment

According to Formula D, Samuel will not be driving the Viper at this event.

Originally posted by nasty nate 7
                  im guessing hubinette will win again in his viper. congrats to sam in advance

Comment

Originally posted by slide
                    yarzan...if that person is serious about their interest they will get into it deeper, and see that snoop has nothing to do with it...unless that person is an idiot poser, yes an IDIOT POSER that wouldnt even know why he/she was doing what they were doing, like most of the people on this board and many others across the internet...im not talking about you so please dont take it that way....people its up to us to take out of these situations what we can, and hopefully smart people will see this for what it is; entertainment. Even if any other group country, rock, trance, house, classical, or what ever was there, it would be the same = little to no connection to drift, i dont care what anyone says to that, its the truth. I personally listen to all kinds of sh*t when I work on or am out playin with my car, for entertainment, thats about it, and every other person i know is the same way with all kinds of different music...we as individuals need to make the distinctions, its not that hard, when you learn more about something your into you see what it is really like and how it works.....you know what this reminds me of people that b*tch to a shop that their car blew up after they bought a turbo kit....and didnt know how it worked, yet they installed it themselves cause they saw a friend do it....that is an idiot poser....same person that says "wow, im already a gang banging clown now i gcan be a drifter just like snoop" which is also the same person that would say "snoop dogg, awww drifting sucks!!!!"
                    ...think about it....

haha no offense taken, u my friend, have a good response... it does depend on what the person will do to act on it, it was the same with me when i started out. i rest my case for now... till i can come up with something better.

and Z28 evans... first of all i wanna say i respect u for seriously shattering the mold. What brought them out? for conversation's sake, they saw an ad in SCC.

fyi ppl: there is no way i could go to this since im half way around the world...
                    Last edited by yarzan; 10-19-2004, 01:25 PM.

Comment

STUFAD...i for one am doing this for motorsports, Formula D, NHRA, NDRA, IDRC, D1, NASCAR, F1, MOTOGP, IRL, NASA, all of them...the majority of the people talking sh*t about this dont understand that this is how racing works, sponsors and all that is tied into it. the fact that the fans of our sport go so far is amazing, its scary actually, how can we have a future in something when most of the people that are supposed to be involved are f*cking clueless??????? that just doesnt work...im done

Comment

Originally posted by yarzan
                        yes i go to get entertained too... but the point is, do u really need all the other stuff to the side? i mean common, snoop dogg? do u want someone who is COMPLETELY new to drifting, knows nothing about it go to this event and watch the drifting... than snoop and prolly a car show... in his mind he will connect the 3.. than snoop + cars = unerground/tuner/gangsta/ lifestyle... do u want him to think this?
                        yair your my boy and all but what the f*ck are you talking about. who cares, snoop is just thier to perform a concert you think hes going to think hard about drifting, hes most likely going to watch it for a bit since it is entertaining and leave.

Comment

Why are the only people defending formula d the ones that are directly involved with it? BooZT and Garage do the filming for it, Z28evans drives in it and picked up a few sponsors, anonymous is Ryan from slipstream I believe, both Alex P. and Alex C. drive in it and get alot of publicity through it, and everyone else seems to bag on the event.
                          AHAHAHAHAHAH

publicity. If there ever was any for me, I haven't seen it yet.

-alex

Comment

Wrong answer, i don't film for Formula D. Yah im good friends with BooZT but so what??? Has Boozt recieved a check from Formula D to do filming? Guess what that answer is no. I have no personal stake in the series other than putting my money on a car that participates in the event. So please do what your name says and be a moderator that only opens his mouth when something against forum rules is done.

Comment

Originally posted by swifty949
                              Wrong answer, i don't film for Formula D. Yah im good friends with BooZT but so what??? Has Boozt recieved a check from Formula D to do filming? Guess what that answer is no. I have no personal stake in the series other than putting my money on a car that participates in the event. So please do what your name says and be a moderator that only opens his mouth when something against forum rules is done.
                              hey are you guys every going to do a car search for other people that can possibly be another one of your battle gear featured cars ?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDragon871
                                hey are you guys every going to do a car search for other people that can possibly be another one of your battle gear featured cars ?
                                I'll keep the thread on subject and pm you.

Comment

Working...
                                X