• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D1 DRIFTER
    its top secret secret classified code pirate
    Got that right Riley!!

Comment

I would have to say go ahead and drop the money on a Diff. Driving daily with a welded diff is sucky to say the least. Works wonders when you slide but running to the store in downtown is no fun. Most folks (around here) charge between 50 and 100 bucks to weld it, save up a little more and you can get a diff. Now if it's not a daily, don't worry about it. Mine isn't a daily but I drive it whenever I can so thought i'd let you know bout that if you didn't already know.

Comment

well it seems my tranny problems are over...kinda

havent really tested it yet...

in response to ghost of duluth = i would put in a LSD but i havent found one for the crown vic and if they are out there they are probably way too expensive for me

Comment

hey do u have any pics or vids of u drifting the crown???

Comment

well a have tons of buddies running the welded diff and to let u know understeer heaven! running togues will be close to impossible. sideways handles great but not being able to unlock the diff can cause problems as u get better. and unless ur drifting more than ur driving then tire wears ganna feel like u are drifting everyday. also its dangerous. i know people say its not but trust me ur not always on drifting/touge mode where ur waiting for the car to make a reaction. thats when it can prove very dangerous. im no turning u off from the welded diff but hitting u with the facts.

Comment

hey 240 lover, ill try and get a pic as soon as possible(dont have a digital camera)

maverick 27, ive done the research on welded diffs and know the problems, tires wont be a big problem cause i know were to get them cheap and as for handling i live in the middle of a desert where theres almost no rain and no curves at all

Comment

idunno why people say driving with a welded sucks for daily driving. and it doesnt. it feels just like a 2 way. personally im glad i didnt pay 1k for a 2way.

Comment

well the 2way and the lock are a lot the same but do have the driffrences and when u have driven on both u can really tell especially sideways. its with out a doubt the 2ways much better but if u dont have the money lock works wonders too.

Comment

i am also concidering welding my diff in my FC...i just dont know where to go or who to ask...

Comment

there is a GREAT LSD for that crown vic. its called "Trac Lock" its made by ford. its the name they gave their clutch type LSD. Look for ANY Mustang GT rear end from 1986-2004. You have an 8.8" rear end, probobly 28 spline. you can get the diff for CHEAP. and rebuild kits are only like 45-80 bucks. or you could get a spool, which is more reliable than welding the spider gears. But honestly just go find a local mustang guy and ask him if he knows anyone selling a rear end. I know i've sold them for 100 bucks with low miles with very tight LSD.

Long live the fords!

Comment

long live the fords indeed!

i think i probably will end up getting a mustang rear end...seems economic

Comment

yeah man mustangs may not have the power of a transam but they have the better rear end for sure, you realy can beat a mustang rear end, get that in man and you can put so much power in that motor with out ever having to think twice about blowing the rear, for real man, i wish i was lucky enough to be able to just bolt one up to my 240

Comment

Working...
                          X