Video of my s14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of my s14

Hey guys, here is a video I made of me drifting my s14. Its not that good because the quality is not that great and I only drift the left turns cuz I'm used to it b/c of my open diff. And I just made the video to get a hang of the basics of using adobe premier. The video is a .wmv windows media file. Here it is:

S14drift

how long did u say u have been drifting?????? bc that was rather impresive

Comment

Wow, if u could do that on both left AND right turns, that would be awesome!

Comment

nice its time for you to get an LSD now that you can pull long drifts with an open

Comment

nice entry! what kind of suspension and other mods do you have j/w good video. looks like a fun place to slide!

Comment

wow guys, thanks for the response. I have been drifting for maybe 2 years or so but anyone who has a track around them probably has tons more experience. I only go out drifting maybe like twice a month for like half an hour except when it rains and snows, that's when I'm always drfiting. The only time I can drift is when I can find tires to steal from local places that throw them out and when I have money to put them on. Then I can only drift in certain places that I am used to because I know the turns and also the cops and people around here are a major pain. And also I have never been to a track so my skills can't grow because I am always afraid of either cops or wrecking my car which is my daily driver. But as for my car the mods are:
            -stock ka24de with ebay intake
            -a 2.5" catback that a random shop made for me
            - tein basic suspension with upper pillow ball mounts front and back. I never messed with the suspension after I got the car. It is dropped all the way with a little negative camber in the back
            -tein tie rods/inner & outer ends
            -carbon fiber hood
            -17 inch enkei rs5 rims/ 15 inch stock drift rims.

Comment

good work, i was impressed!

Comment

Not to bad. More speed More SPeed.............. ANd angle

Comment

that was nice, get a few more basic mods and a lil more speed and dang, make a new vid wen u get some new mods and more speed

Comment

I just entered my first drift event yesterday (sept 11). It was at Beaver Run in PA. I really surprised myslef when I had a near perfect run on my first try. I thought I wouldn't be able to drift right turns and do transitions, but I was wrong. So I now I don't feel that bad about having an open diff. I still want an lsd but I want to keep practicing on an open diff because I did so well yesterday. Was anyone there by any chance to capture any pictures or video?

Comment

I don't think that's open diff.

Comment

LOL. Why dont u think thats an open diff?

Comment

Trust me, it is. I can't do a regular donut in my car. Drift circles, but not a donut. It's just like the drift bible when they say you need an lsd and they show a car doing donuts, then they show a car with an open diff burning one wheel while turning, that's what mine does. But I just had it in my head that transitions were hard without lsd and right turns were hard but I proved myself wrong.

Comment

good job. i used to run the open diff too. once you switch to an lsd (or ghetto welded like me. lol) then you'll control that thing with ease

Comment

more speed!!! nice, smooth initiation, but need more speed...that will (kinda) overcome your open diff. problem. Dont gotta steal tires, go to a some hetto tire garage and ask them if you can look trhough their JUNK tires...i've found multiple sets of really nice tires, because people are dumb and get rid of all 4 tires when usually only 2 need to be replaced...hence the tire shop takes advantage of that.

more speed...when it rains practice manji, it'll help your transition, i used to practice manji in the rain in first gear, watching my rev's, and controlling my angle...you have a wider base than my miata so you can get alot more angle than that...just keep up the practice, and practice hella hard 2 events, don't worry bout impressing people...just learn how much angle you can push your car to be spinning out. iIt helps alot...

overall...i give you a 85 out of 100...

a good way to see if you got a VLSD is to stop on nice clean pavement, and rev up to like 5k-6k dump the clutch and peel out...get out and look for marking...2 marks = lsd...1 mark = open diff., give it a shot

Comment

Working...
                              X