Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S14 Seat Mounting

Hi

Since I know alot of you guys have aftermarket seats in your cars, I was wondering what the easiest way to mount an aftermarket seat is. I am planning to get a MOMO START seat for my S14

I know I can buy brackets, but I heard that the 240sx has a hump in the floor that makes the aftermarket seat sit higher than the stock one. I'm 6'3", so I need the seat as low as possible. Thanks for your help, Graham

get a side mount seat and nams or bride fg rails. The nams are better in my opinion, the slide works better but its all preference and I can sit my cobra suzuka on the floor with my nams rail it took a little inginuity but it can be done.

Comment

Yup that damn hump exists... Just cut the brackets off the stock seats.. and weld them up to the new ones (kinda gotta frame it up though). Its not pretty, but it works.

Comment

i just just made my own brackets and welded them to the seat it retained the stock hieght and cost like 20 bucks and 2 hours. you do have to know how to weld and grind tho...

Comment

DO NOT CUT AND WELD THE STOCK BRACKETS. You wont pass tech inspect A, B Its ghetto, C its dangerous. You are in the same predicament as I. I am 6'1 and taller with a helmet. THe s13 w/sunroof seats low. I found a company local to me that will make a custom bracket for you to mount you're seat to. Cost is $180 per bracket, no sliders(you cant use sliders becasue you are too tall). The brackets are guaranteed to pass any and all tech inspections, and keep you nice and safe. Think high quality stell, tig welded together.

John
          RPSport
          714 493 0293

Comment

Ghetto??? Dangerous??? Factory seats are bolted down and only spot welded.
            I didnt say do some half *Censored**Censored**Censored* weld job. Get it done professionaly. Hell the welds on my car would hold even when the rest of the car snapped.

Comment

the stock seat rails bend. i had my seat on there for a while.

now i just got recaro brackets on my bride seat.

do it right the first time and you wont have to mess with it more than once

Comment

Working...
              X