ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(NEW CAR) MICHAEL ESSA, BMW Z4 TURBO (E46 M3 Engine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (NEW CAR) MICHAEL ESSA, BMW Z4 TURBO (E46 M3 Engine)

(NEW CAR) MICHAEL ESSA, BMW Z4 TURBO (E46 M3 Engine)

ahhh man

I was hoping for 135i, good luck with the build.

Comment

this message is too short

Comment

Inline 6, yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, is this going to be his 2011 FD car???

Comment

Too bad the m5 motor can't be shoehorned in there, ahh but such is life.

Comment

F@ckin' LOVE this!!! So glad you're makin this happen. Can't wait.

Comment

eyy

Thats f'ing awesome..

But im not all diggin it yet....

Comment

probably can't keep the M5 V10 from grenading, he went through a couple engines this season. Ironically the S54 on boost should be more reliable.

Comment

We only really had one problem with the V10 motor itself, and that was at Infineon. I thought it was rod knock, but it was a broken vanos oil pump. So, that motor is fine. The reasons were not using the V10 are, first off, that motor is staying in the 335, and we will be running it as a track car. Second is that we are unsure of the potential of that motor. We need a lot more power to be competitive, (its making 440whp, 330wtq right now). First thought was to add turbos or a supercharger, but i dont know of anyone making over 650whp running boost on that motor, and i also dont know how reliable it will be.

The 135 chassis is very similar to the 335, its only 4 inches shorter wheel base, and weighs only 200 lbs less. The other issue is the rear suspension (same as the 335), it is designed not to squat, and we cant move pick up points to correct this.

The Z4 is 450-500 lbs lighter than the 335 (from the factory) and the suspension should be much better for a drift car. Wheel base is 10" shorter than the 335 (335 is 108").

Michael Essa

Comment

Originally posted by techtrix View Post
                    The other issue is the rear suspension (same as the 335), it is designed not to squat, and we cant move pick up points to correct this.

That's what I assumed since LB, thought you guys figured out a way around it.

Comment

Dear Mike Essa,

Please do more "office" style videos of this new build the same way you did with the 335 build. Use Blaze1 as "Dwight Schrute" character.

I will miss the way the V10 echoes off the high rises and condos in Long Beach but I expect great things from your new build and I can't wait to see it run!

P.S. Please spoof "Prison Mike" episode in build video!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                        Dear Mike Essa,

Please do more "office" style videos of this new build the same way you did with the 335 build. Use Blaze1 as "Dwight Schrute" character.

I will miss the way the V10 echoes off the high rises and condos in Long Beach but I expect great things from your new build and I can't wait to see it run!

P.S. Please spoof "Prison Mike" episode in build video!

great idea, more videos please!

Comment

Use Blaze1 as "Dwight Schrute" character.
                          What are you trying to imply?

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                            What are you trying to imply?
                            Seriously? Have you not watched an episode of the office?

Comment

Seriously? Have you not watched an episode of the office?
                              Yeah I have... thats why I ask what are you implying.

And I call my self Blaze1....

Comment

Working...
                              X