X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nakamura Naoki, Arrested on Suspicion of Street Drifting In Japan

http://mainichi.jp/area/osaka/news/2...40299000c.html

大阪 Osaka

Traffic law violation: they arrested on suspicion of drift racers - Minoo / Osaka

As repeated in the mountains of dangerous driving Minoo City, traffic police department has 11 investigators, a professional racer, Mr. Nakamura Naoki (28) Sakurai, Nara-City, Toyama, a 16-man traffic law violation and colleagues (co-risk behavior ) announced that it has arrested.

Suspect arrest Nakamura early morning on August 1 last year, using a car modified in the way government's 粟生間谷 Minoh, sideslip at high speed vehicle "drift" was driving dangerous, such as trying to.

According to the MPD, Mr. Nakamura has won the domestic competition have experience racer drift. "I wanted to practice" and that the suspect admitted. 【茶谷亮】 [R.] Chatani
    "I wanted to practice"

LOL
    Last edited by BigGameHit; 01-12-2011, 04:23 AM.

LOL i love the choppy English, but it kinda adds more humor to whole thing.

Comment

Unlike America they probably do it solely for safety reasons not quotas.

Comment

Wrecked and Speedhunters now reporting he is being banned from D1GP.

This is odd world we are living in.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
          Unlike America they probably do it solely for safety reasons not quotas.
          Blaze,

I usually enjoy your posts. While I might not always agree, for the most part their insightful and informative which i resepect. But this has to be one of the dumbest and least insightful comments I've seen on this forum. So i guess its not possible for a police officer in the U.S. to care about his/her job huh? All about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
            Blaze,

I usually enjoy your posts. While I might not always agree, for the most part their insightful and informative which i resepect. But this has to be one of the dumbest and least insightful comments I've seen on this forum. So i guess its not possible for a police officer in the U.S. to care about his/her job huh? All about the money.

I have a associates in Criminal Justice and business administration (only a few units away from my BA), I was also a police explorer from age 13-16 I worked many checkpoints and dragnets and done plenty of ride alongs and I can tell you when money/hours get tight in the state/county/district these types of things do happen.

Like it or not quotas do exist in American law enforcement.

I think a better argument is how do I know that Japanese cops don't have quotas?

Comment

This is bad for all the MSC, ( other small orgs ) guys in that region now lol. This season is going to be nuts for sure... we shall see.

Comment

I have a associates in Criminal Justice and business administration (only a few units away from my BA), I was also a police explorer from age 13-16 I worked many checkpoints and dragnets and done plenty of ride alongs and I can tell you when money/hours get tight in the state/county/district these types of things do happen.

Like it or not quotas do exist in American law enforcement.

I think a better argument is how do I know that Japanese cops don't have quotas?
                Thats great. But none of which supports your argument of cops only do what they do to maintain Quotas. Your basically saying that law enforcement is only out there for the money or making their number look good with the city. I've been on quite a few ride alongs myself and work with many police agencies in CA. If you really were a police explorer and worked with them as closely as you claim, then I'm sure you'd agree that it takes a certain type of individual to not only become a police officer, but keep that position. The mental capacity needed to do the work, media back lash, skill level etc. To insist that someone does this solely for the money (especially in this economy were cops are being laid off left and right, and those that stay on, many are taking huge pay cuts) is a bit absurd. So i think my argument holds just fine. And besides all that, their job is to keep the streets safe and enforce the laws that people break. So if the same thing happened in the states (like what happened to Ken Gushi would be a good example), i don't see how someone can look at the police as doing their job as only making quotas. The dude did something illegal and was caught.

Comment

Without getting into extreme detail.

I have a officers backs 110%

The issue is with the city/county/state.

I should have made that clear the first time around, sorry. But I still stand by my stance that tuners like our selves are easy targets for the governing bodies. But I don't see how anything I posted implied Naoki was in the right. I agree with the way the Japanese handle these types of issue, and I agree with any type of suspension D1GP gives to him...even though the series was built on the backs of street drifters.
                  Last edited by Bebop; 01-14-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Without getting into extreme detail.

I have a officers backs 110%

The issue is with the city/county/state.

I should have made that clear the first time around, sorry. But I still stand by my stance that tuners like our selves are easy targets for the governing bodies. But I don't see how anything I posted implied Naoki was in the right. I agree with the way the Japanese handle these types of issue, and I agree with any type of suspension D1GP gives to him...even though the series was built on the backs of street drifters.
                    Agreed. Thanks for clearing that up. While yes, tuners are easy targets, any group of modified vehicles is going to raise an eye brow to law enforcement. especially when that demographic is on the younger side. (the average age of the "tuner" crowd is significantly less than that of say, hot rodders, 4WD clubs etc.)
                    As far as drifting being built on the backs of street drifting, i think that could be said of any form of motorsport. So i don't don't that should give him any kind of leniency in his punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
                      While yes, tuners are easy targets, any group of modified vehicles is going to raise an eye brow to law enforcement. especially when that demographic is on the younger side. (the average age of the "tuner" crowd is significantly less than that of say, hot rodders, 4WD clubs etc.)
                      I don't know man, sounds like a grade A case of profiling. I wonder why cities do these random SMOG checkpoints? Oh yeah, a civic with boltons puts out a ton of emissions. I hear old "good ole boy" hot rodders complain about the same exact stuff from time to time, except most of their cars are smog exempt. I just wish my tax dollars were enough to satisfy these behind the desk fat cats.

As far as drifting being built on the backs of street drifting, i think that could be said of any form of motorsport. So i don't don't that should give him any kind of leniency in his punishment.
                      Not saying that at all, just find it a little odd that this is coming from a company that less then a decade ago glorified and profited from the street origins of its sport.

Comment

I don't know man, sounds like a grade A case of profiling. I wonder why cities do these random SMOG checkpoints? Oh yeah, a civic with bolt ons puts out a ton of emissions.
                        Sorry to say, but yes... it is profiling. I remember my younger days when i used to street race. Running around in my Celica GTS. Stripped out interior, monster tach, overly obnoxious exhaust etc. I used to get pissed when I'd get pulled over for no front plate, loud exhaust etc. I'd start bitching to the cop that pulled me over saying the exact same thing you are....

"Your just profiling me cause i drive an import!"
                        "You have nothing better to do than hassle a kid!"

One time I even went as far as to pull the race card.

But when it came right down to it, both us knew (that is me and the cop) that i wasn't riding around in a car with interior more spartan than a Cj jeep, tach bigger than my head just going to visit Grandma.

As far as smog check points, i can honestly say I've never encountered one. And your right, they have nothing to do with emissions. There set to discourage people like my many of us were in our younger days from running wild on the streets. They just can't come out and say that.

I also think age has alot to do with it. Hot rodders are usually an "older crowd" and in a sense have "grown up" a bit. (though I'm sure many of them can relate since I'm sure they were hassled at a young age just like many of us were)
                        The import tuner crowd is generally far younger. Kids are going to do stupid stuff. Thats just the nature of the beast. Besides drifting I've been out of the import game for the past 5yrs or so. So maybe its gotten better since then. but the few Honda's zipping around my area haven't demonstrated this. Does that mean everyone with a modded import act this way? Of course not. But its the few (or many) that live up to the stereotype that ruin it for everyone else.

Not saying that at all, just find it a little odd that this is coming from a company that less then a decade ago glorified and profited from the street origins of its sport.
                        And thats the business side of it. Sucks to say that, but its true. Drifting is main stream now. So to keep it in a good spot light they must now play the politics game. And that my friend, is just life. And I'm sure you aren't the first (nor will be the last) to call them out on this.

Comment

The big news at the show yesterday was that Naoki Nakamura of Team Burst was once again arrested for illegal street drifting. At the same time the sentencing from a previous offense came through, consisting of a two-year driver's license suspension and a pretty hefty fine. Upon hearing this, the D1 Corporation instantly banned him indefinitely from competing in D1 Grand Prix and D1 Street Legal. Today, some of the D1 Corporation people headed over to the D-Max stand where his cars are on display and removed his name from both, along with the D1 windscreen banners.
                          http://speedhunters.com/archive/2011...-overview.aspx

Comment

Now this is going a bit overboard... this is like public humiliation now.

Somethings to consider

-Last year his car was sponsored by federal tires (not a big huge $upporter of D1GP).

-In the pic above he has Yokohama stickers on his vehicle, a company that will supposedly stop $upporting D1.

Makes you stop and wonder...

Comment

Suggesting that Yoko is back in?

Comment

Working...
                              X