ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Pawlak approached Daigo and his team - FORMULA D Insider - Episode #4 - 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Pawlak approached Daigo and his team - FORMULA D Insider - Episode #4 - 2012

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DGX-gjgjce8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best Episode Yet

FD finally getting good!

JTP being a little girl. Not saying it was a break check or dirty tactic but even if it was...Not like it's the first time it's ever happened.. He's been in FD long enough to know to suck it up and charge hard the next round. Don't stand beside someones car shake your head and whine!! Super lame.
    Last edited by stedriftward; 06-15-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stedriftward View Post
      Not like it's the first time it's ever happened..
      Haruguchi did this to everyone he went against at long beach 2007

Ueo did this to Ryan T at Vegas 09

Tanner Foust used a similar method of braking but only in qualifying

This should be a part of the scouting report for every J driver you go up against.
      Last edited by Bebop; 06-15-2012, 02:31 AM.

Comment

what a little girl. he should just take it on the chin and grow up a little

Comment

MORE COMMENTS - VIEW HERE
          http://statigr.am/viewer.php#/detail...05974_45206275

Comment

What a baby. Imagine if he went against Nomuken. Apparently he doesn't know what a chase car is supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
              What a baby. Imagine if he went against Nomuken. Apparently he doesn't know what a chase car is supposed to do.
              Agree!! In any sports there's always this gamesmanship. This is what makes drifting exciting in the first place, the chase car mimicking the lead driver without knowing what the lead driver is gonna do. If the chase car knows what the lead car is gonna do, then where's the fun? This is what separates men from boys. The good driver is able to adjust and react accordingly. It's not like Daigo completely stopped and he even said during the exchange that he had to use the brake due to the damage to his car.

Comment

Emotions run high in just about every level of motorsport. It is part of the game. A lot of you are calling JTP out for what he did but considering what I have seen from other professionals in other major sports I actually don't have a problem with how he handled it.

He did not go running to the judges to complain about it or try to use Falken's significant clout to sway things. He took his problem straight to Daigo and talked it over man-to-man or well man-to-translator-to-man.

Whether or not JTP should have been surprised/upset by what happened is debatable.

I agree with the point that despite what Daigo did previously, JTP should have been prepaired for Daigo to switch things up. However, if something looks and feels a lot like a brake check its understandable that JTP wouldn't be happy.

Anyhow what's done is done. Although, should JTP and Daigo face each other again in NJ I predict there may be some "creative" driving on JTP's part.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeySlide View Post
                  Although, should JTP and Daigo face each other again in NJ I predict there may be some "creative" driving on JTP's part.
                  That will be the dumbest decision JTP will ever make.

Did you watch JTPs lead run, Daigo couldn't keep up with him. Those mustangs are by far the fastest cars in the series right now. Don't need tricks when you can put gap on 95% of the field.

Comment

actually it seems like JTP slows down on intial entry then speeds up after the initial switch back. He does the same thing to Vaughn Gittin. He knows the strengths of his mustang and he knows how to use it.

I'd say the majority of japanese drivers are momentum drivers . They don't have an issue with going fast, its the change of pace that puts them and turbo cars at a disadvantage

Comment

this reminds me of what happend with Millen a long time ago when he was chasing someone and the lead car pulled the hand brake twice. The driver had to do what got him sideways on the entry. Millen got mad and gave the lead driver a talking to. He even told him not to pull the hand brake twice. FOR REAL?! Oh well. JTP is still dope, live and learn i guess. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Linguo415 View Post
                        this reminds me of what happend with Millen a long time ago when he was chasing someone and the lead car pulled the hand brake twice. The driver had to do what got him sideways on the entry. Millen got mad and gave the lead driver a talking to. He even told him not to pull the hand brake twice. FOR REAL?! Oh well. JTP is still dope, live and learn i guess. Haha
                        yeah i was gonna bring that situation up, it was in 2007 i believe when Yoshihara one 1st at wall. but i guess i didnt care cause i didnt understand why dai did that, with daigo im on his side. but thats just me, though that was when i was like 15 and didnt know much about technical aspects of drifting so maybe if i went back and watched it id understand why dai pulled twice

Comment

Working...
                        X