ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER! (OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

never been a mustang fan but i cant wait to see that pony slide.

Comment

I still haven't gotten to see one of the new mustang's up close, and i can't wait. Seeing that there's going to be one drifting is even more exciting, if you are reading this thread, good luck and i hope to get to watch you slide that beast around the course.
      -Good luck and Thanks, Zach
      Edit: looks like he had to make some "pre driving" adjustments
      Last edited by Zach300zx; 11-03-2004, 06:52 PM.

Comment

so when can we see the cars first driving apperance??

Comment

Finally an affordable American RWD platform is going to join the drift movement. I love the Viper's (MSRP $85,295) and GTO's (MSRP $32,495), but the new GT is only MSRP $24,995.

Comment

how much for a gtr? (no not the skyline)

Comment

the GT-R is going to be $$$$
              but the stock GT is 24K and 300HP...

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                the GT-R is going to be $$$$
                but the stock GT is 24K and 300HP...
                You can build an S13 with a Blacktop SR20, full suspension, Volks, and 350hp for $10,000.

Whoops. No question on what Gen. Y is going to go with for a drift car.

Comment

you could also build a AE86 for 5K, a 5.0 into a good drift car for 5K so whats your point? some people would rather have a new car..

Comment

Gushi, Ken.

Congratulation to your new sponsorship! You really earned it. I won't be suprise if you try (or find yourself) trying out at The Toyota Formula Atlantic series. With your age, weight and experience you have the most logical potential for open wheel racing. I wish you all the BEST of Luck to all of your endeavors.

+++++++++++++
                    Mustangs are okay cars, it seems this platform will be a seller for Ford (in a business point of view). But my greatest concern is fuel, mustangs are V6 and V8 right? as you can see i'm not a domestic guy, but I like some of them.

I just hope the "kids" that buys it for drifting, makes enough to pay for the insurance and body damage ^_^ (cali point of view).

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                      you could also build a AE86 for 5K.
                      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Comment

congrats ken, ford has deep pockets

Comment

Originally posted by Sideways Spanky
                          HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
                          why do you find this funny?
                          I had a total of 800 into my AE86 including buying the car....when i first got into drifting.

I guess you have no real clue about how to build cars then...

My poit still stand, there are cheeper cars out there than the 05 mustang..and the much over rated 240sx.
                          so that makes this statment
                          You can build an S13 with a Blacktop SR20, full suspension, Volks, and 350hp for $10,000.

Whoops. No question on what Gen. Y is going to go with for a drift car.
                          very dumb....the reason "gen y" is going with the 240sx is because there all following the pack and thats what is populer in Japan for drifting so thats what everyone gets...not because its a better car or anything..

now back to the real subject..Im glad Ford is getting involved...and mad props to ken for landing this sponcership

Comment

i'm really happy to see american cars in the D1, I dont know much about Ken Gushi or any of the D1 drivers for that matter but i'm gonna follow the whole 2005 season and hopefully get a video of the December 19th D1GP. Props to Ken for the sweet Mustang

Comment

Comment

Ive seen the mustang up close at the NY auto show and the thing looks mean from the outside. I think that one had some 18 or 19 inch rims, but the one in the pic there, they look like 17's! well looks nice stock, decent color!

Comment

Working...
                                X