ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KEN GUSHI; Ford MUSTANG GT Drift Car DRIVER! (OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gushi...

congrats of what you have done...a thumb up 4 you and dont let down all the stang lovers (with all...i mean old people too!)and push it to the limit....

im happy 4 you...

and lucky....

Comment

Looks like fun

I think the car looks badass and it's just plain nice to see a little bit more o' the USDM out there (yeah, even if it is ford backed, but hey, at least some average people can buy a new mustang). Everybody is wanting/getting a 240SX or an 86 and these cars are getting hard to find in good shape for a fair price (IMO). Problem is, everytime I even mention drifting around here (where I live) I get flamed because everybody is a Mustang/Camaro/NASCAR/NHRA diehard ("drifting is just a fad" for kiddies so they say). It doesn't help that curves are kind of hard to find here. So maybe this will get some people more excited about the sport. Go Gushi!

--Air.

Comment

Its great to see the new mustang drifting, ive gotten close up look at the car numerous times, and im thinking it'l be the best lookin domestic drifter in the field. And good luck to Gushi.

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH
          i'm really happy to see american cars in the D1, I dont know much about Ken Gushi or any of the D1 drivers for that matter but i'm gonna follow the whole 2005 season and hopefully get a video of the December 19th D1GP. Props to Ken for the sweet Mustang

that pic makes me wana throw up. The new mustang blows it 2005 and they threw the live rear axle back in and the power steering is back to being belt assisted even though most are eletric now a days. Gayness Oh and that thing wont be nearly as nimble as gushi s13 was.

Comment

I think Rhys Millen has something to watch out for now! Pontiac vs. ford! A match I'm looking forward to.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
              Yea I gotta agree with the other guy, if you think thats funny, you don't have a clue. You can build a superb Corolla for well under 5k. Seen it done, matter of fact my brother is doing just that.

Sure you can build a 240 that is sweet for half the price of a new Mustang if you either know someone or do the work yourself, which alot of people don't. That I agree with but some people just dont want to go that route. In the sport today and in the import scene in general, the 240 is the next civic. Especially after 3 fasts and i'll up you one furious comes out. Every swingining *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* from here to Gilligans island will have one causing the price to go up over what it has already soared too for a used one. Not to mention that the price for motor swaps and what not will rise with that since everyone likes to make the green. Some people like to be different and some people may want a warranty. I sure would, a Drift car that the dealer worked on for free???? Who wouldn't. Plenty of power so you don't have to void the warranty there, the suspension doesn't void the powertrain warranty. Man, its the best of both worlds. Plus a payment so you don't have to buy it all with cash. Drifting on a budget.

Plus what alot of you guys need to remember, you can hate the car but Gushi (as far as I know) didn't go out and buy this thing, he got the sponsership. So as I have stated before, EVERYONE of you, unless you are retarded, would say yes if Toyo came to you and offered you a full sponsership to drive their car. NO MATTER WHAT THE CAR WAS!!!!. If you said no to that, you are dumb. Plain and simple. Gushi earned that sponsership, he is a great driver and I am happy to see ANYONE get a sponsership like that. I don't care if its getting sponsered to Drift a Checker Cab. That is growth. You all want a push towards a Drift event that is all Drifting and not the other garbage, that takes money and Fords got plenty of it. It is another major American car maker coming into the sport. Like dude said before, the reason more American cars are not in the sport is because they are American. Everyone thinks that to be a Drifter you have to drive a Japanese car. That's *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

So Gushi, congratulations. Drive your Mustang and show it out my man. You derserved it. Matter of fact, all the guys that are busting new sponserships deserve everything they are getting. Tony Angelo, Ryan Hampton, Chris Forseberg and Vaughn are all way past worthy to get the big money that needs to be put in the sport. I congratulate them all.
              Last edited by Ghost of Duluth; 11-05-2004, 07:09 AM.

Comment

this is hot stuff, I hope that the mustangs platforum is good.. they better be paying him good to drive that big ol car... good work and pumped to see next year!

Comment

Hmm..

I have mixed feelings on this situation.

On the one hand Im glad to see Mr. Gushi get sponsorship from a major manufacturer and an aftermarket tire giant such as Toyo.

On the other hand the introduction of the American icon that is the Ford Mustang is bound to cause great amounts of friction.

The intro of the Mustang into drifting will obviously catapult drifting into the mainstream much more than it already is.

However it will bring with it the "NASCAR style" fan base whom are totally ignorant to Drifting as a competitive sport.

I believe the result of this will be bad in the short term but possibly be good in the long run.

Similar to the effect that "the fast and the furious" movies had on the import industry. The initial introduction will bring in hordes and hordes of annoying newbies (however this time the newbies will be older white guys instead of young kids), but over time the newbies will become educated with our culture and it will grow becuase of it.

Hard for me to really come to a conclusion on this one...I shall retire to my monkey tree now..

Comment

OMG! This has gone on for too long. 1st of all Id like to say that I tottaly support what those guys are doing, including Ford and any other car company that wants to get into this fine sport. Im sick and tired of people whining when they have no reason to whine. "Oh i dont like mustang cause its american, its dirty" or "The mustang belongs on a drag strip not a drift circuit". What the hell do you guys know, just cause they want to use another car? IT DOESNT MATTER what car you use, as long as you do it with dignity and style and grace. A car doesnt make the man drift, a man makes the car drift, so anyone who thinks what theyre doing is wrong should go out and buy a car, fix it up, and take it do drift against the mustang.

PS- If you think nascar people are ignorrant, who cares, let em watch theyre 200mph beasts go around in circles!

Comment

I heard about this a few days ago from a friend that went to SEMA. All i can say is that rocks. to be that young and have big name sponsorship is truly a great acheivement. if the platform is as good as it looks then we should see him rise up from more than just a kid with skillz to a contenter.

Rock on Ken, Rock on.

Comment

I also would like to say congrats to Ken. hmmm, so no more work on the S14 that they where working on? If not can I have that S13 motor?

Here is a pic I took of Ken's new ride

http://tsubasa.us/gallery/SEMA2004/DSC00024_001

Best Poster I saw at SEMA

http://tsubasa.us/gallery/SEMA2004/DSC00047

Comment

At least it's something new. I'd really like to see this car backed by all American companies. None of that Greddy and Yokohama crap like on Rhys Millen's GTO. It's just my opinion, but I think American cars need to stay American and Japanese cars Japanese and so on....

Comment

i am not happy about this .....yes i know gushi got the sponsership and the car, but i dont like to see him drive an american car. Ghost of Duluth said EVERYONE would take the sponsership if we were in his shoes...but dude with all do respects i wouldnt. and that comes from the heart man. sincere. no matter what anybody gives me ill never drive an american car. not that i hate them . i think drifting is starting to become like NASCAR. as monkeyslide says it "However it will bring with it the "NASCAR style" fan base whom are totally ignorant to Drifting as a competitive sport." i believe that same thing monkeyslide and i dont like it...i dont like to see a awesome guy like ken gushi do that, by that i mean driving a mustang, because money isnt what its about to me..and i hope yall feel the same. drifting isnt about money. thats why if toyo came up to me and offered me a sponsership and a 05 mustang i would say no. because its not about money. i dont like how america gets ahold of things. i know some of yall have good points like "everyone can do what they want" and "it doesnt matter about what car u drive, just as long as ur sincere" or "let american cars have their chance and lets try something new" but i dont think drifting should try nething new and i dont think the japanese do either. i dont think we should change drifting. i could sit here and type all day but im not....and ken..i dont agree with what your doing man but i still respect u and ur skills. also congrats on ur sponsership. i will always respect you and root for you......good luck ken gushi.
                            Last edited by 240drftr; 11-11-2004, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Congrats Ken! Looking forward to seeing you on the track in '05!

Comment

hey 240drtr

"So as I have stated before, EVERYONE of you, unless you are RETARTED, would say yes if Toyo came to you and offered you a full sponsership to drive their car. NO MATTER WHAT THE CAR WAS!!!!. If you said no to that, you are DUMB."

Ghost of Duluth did not say that everyone would take this sponsorship. He said that if you didn't you are dumb or retarded. I'm not trying to say anything bad about you personally, because i don't know you, but your reasoning behind saying no just seems crazy. So just stop knocking Gushi for trying to better himself in his career.

- peace

edit: sry it just seemed like you were knocking him
                                Last edited by 180maniac; 11-08-2004, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X