This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums Manners...

This is PG's forum. I would like to say he's a cool guy...
    Last edited by Thai Juku; 09-17-2004, 07:02 PM.

Well the site calls me a newbie, i have less than 40 posts, and I drift on more of a regular basis than almost everyone here. And i have been drifting for 3 years. I compete in competitions, have sponsors, go out illegally on public roads and act really g.ay with Tony Angelo and Forsberg. Does it really make me a newbie?

I don't really care what i am called. I moderate another drifting forum, and i come here to help people understand drifting. I feel it is a good thing to come here and try and get Newer enthusiast correct info and perspective, for i also once thought drifting around a parking lot with an Open Diff was DRIFTING. It is not. Seriously. You are not a "DRIFTER". Oh who cares what anyone calls themselves i guess, I am just saying my (and a lot of other people's) opinion.

Its sad that this is perhaps the most well known "drifting" forum, yet it contains a very very small percentage of "drifters". I guess i feel like thats my role here.

If no one likes what i have to say about reality or real drifting, i can just leave, and pull the wool back over your eyes. Ignorance is Bliss, right?

Comment

PG...people (like me) who know who you are know you ain't no newbie and respect what you have to say, agree or not.

Comment

Originally posted by _PG_
        Well the site calls me a newbie, i have less than 40 posts, and I drift on more of a regular basis than almost everyone here. And i have been drifting for 3 years. I compete in competitions, have sponsors, go out illegally on public roads and act really g.ay with Tony Angelo and Forsberg. Does it really make me a newbie?

I don't really care what i am called. I moderate another drifting forum, and i come here to help people understand drifting. I feel it is a good thing to come here and try and get Newer enthusiast correct info and perspective, for i also once thought drifting around a parking lot with an Open Diff was DRIFTING. It is not. Seriously. You are not a "DRIFTER". Oh who cares what anyone calls themselves i guess, I am just saying my (and a lot of other people's) opinion.

Its sad that this is perhaps the most well known "drifting" forum, yet it contains a very very small percentage of "drifters". I guess i feel like thats my role here.

If no one likes what i have to say about reality or real drifting, i can just leave, and pull the wool back over your eyes. Ignorance is Bliss, right?
        I think I covered this...Please read more carefully...And please do not dis the forum.
        Last edited by Thai Juku; 09-17-2004, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Well I think this is good that someone said something. I know I too have been arguing a lot, especially recently. So i apologize, and I will keep this in mind. Good for you for posting this.

Comment

I appreciate your gratitude...

Comment

Originally posted by Thai Juku
              I think I covered this...Please read more carefully...And please do not dis the forum.
              Um, i read your post carefully the first time. You even mentioned that "Newbies" are people with low post numbers and "Older Members" Have higher numbers next to their name. Diss the forum? Thats like me saying I have no room for improvement in my technique, or that in "So and so competition, i drove fine, didn't make any mistakes... But didn't make it." Similarly, there is a reason why a lot of people in the drifting community view this forum as bassackwards and ill-informed. Like I said, I am here to try and help, or at least i think so.

Don't think because its called "Drifting.com" that this is what other drift forums are like. Honestly, this is mainly a bunch of newbies. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. I enjoy coming here sometimes to try and inform people but sometimes they are too hard-headed or just ignorant to listen.

"Try google first...Like a ton of you older members said; if you can't find the info you're looking for, THEN please ask us..."

If you have a question about DRIFTING, why shoudln't you ask it on DRIFTING.COM? Don't tell people to go to Google. WTF, Its not Google, DRIFT edition. I don't even tell people that on Ziptied forums, and we are a bunch of elitist cocky mother F.ucks over there. Telling people to go to Google first is just letting them get misinformation. Why not take a little time and (if you do know the answer) explain it fully and correctly the first time. Thats what Forums are for.

Comment

If you have a question about DRIFTING, why shoudln't you ask it on DRIFTING.COM? Don't tell people to go to Google. WTF, Its not Google, DRIFT edition. I don't even tell people that on Ziptied forums, and we are a bunch of elitist cocky mother F.ucks over there. Telling people to go to Google first is just letting them get misinformation. Why not take a little time and (if you do know the answer) explain it fully and correctly the first time. Thats what Forums are for.
                I completely agree with everything you have said here and im glad you said it before i got a chance to. ive also been into drifting for what feels like ever and even though im still young i do consider myself a decent drifter. hopefully ill have this onevia done so i can start attending legal drift events.

I respect you por favor, and alot of other people do on this forum, BUT on a side note i dont like how u guys attacekd me on ziptied geeze, all i was trying to say was hi sorry i put it in the wrong spot geeze, bite my head off

Comment

Where did you post on ziptied? I'm Dorifto_PG on there. I don't ever recall. Yeah we are a bunch of snobby bit.ches on Ziptied. Hehe. That what happens when cocky drifters own forums or something. A lot of it is just Internet BS though. Its more of a pub than a web board. Trial by fire. PLus, we end up posting there slightly inebriated sometimes.

Comment

i made a thread in the chaos section and after hearing thiers a section for this, geeze my first post all i wanted to say was about my old car and the beggining of my new one . they closed it and moved it somewhere gotta find it still

but its alright you guys can make it up to me by hookin me up with sh!t loads of information. ive owned a rotary powered car for the last few years so the jump from fd to 240 is a new one for me. ill be starting my project this winter hopefully a onevia or an s14 of sumtype. lets see where 8000 can get me anyways hope to chat with you more one of these days. my names wayne by the way and i am in luv with your boughetto onevia

peace and afro grease

oh ya and i disagree wtih some of the things said by thai. i remember when alex p and everyone started comming here in the beggining, they all haad newbie next to their name even though they are pro drifters go figure

Comment

Heh. I found your thread. It got moved to the "Introduce Yourself Thread" in the Beginner section (where it says ALL NEWBIES READ). Hehehe. feel free to PM me or make a post asking for suggestion on what coilovers, aero, power, etc... you should get for your car, and why. But don't do it to get easy answers, go tell us what you plan to do wtih the car, how much power you're looking for, what type of drift techniques you want the car to be used for etc... (certain settings are a good baseline to try feinting with, and certain ones for braking drift, etc etc..). Um, budget. Be realistic, tell his how much you can spend, and leave room for tires and a traack event or 2. Where are you located, and is it a dily driver? Mountain car? Street drift as well as track, etc. Certain tires are better for street, sizes, compounts, power ranges, etc. You can't haul as.s and be as aggressive on the street without getting bit in the as.s and crashing a lot!

Anywyas, sorry for the thread jack, I'm sure Hitler is goign to add "NO SIDE DISCUSSION" as #10! Haha, jk man... i actually agree... no more on this post, we'll discuss it in PM or wherever.

Comment

Oh yeah: What's boughetto? Bouge and ghetto! Haha i haven't heard that song since senior year in highschool.

Comment

I didn't say these were like official rules or anything like that. I said these were "recommended". I'm not angry that you disagreeing with me, but please cut me some slack...I thought the forum could be more efficient if I wrote this. I didn't mean to offend anyone withe the classification, it was just something hard to say without actually saying it. I hope I can get back your respect, even though you don't believe in what I say...
                          Last edited by Thai Juku; 09-17-2004, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Woo Hoo i won something! Can i get a prize? I got a prize for myself... i finally figured out how to change my user title. Score! I'm on a roll.

[3rd grade teacher] Thai, everyone's special, no one's a loser. If you suck at life, just find something else that you are good at... Mkay.... [/3rd grade teacher voice] haha don't mind me, I am delirious.

Comment

Woo Hoo i won something! Can i get a prize? I got a prize for myself... i finally figured out how to change my user title. Score! I'm on a roll.

[3rd grade teacher] Thai, everyone's special, no one's a loser. If you suck at life, just find something else that you are good at... Mkay.... [/3rd grade teacher voice] haha don't mind me, I am delirious.
                              Ok...I'll lighten up a lot now...
                              Last edited by Thai Juku; 09-17-2004, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X