ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NOPI Street Performance Compact Magazine, Dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate to admit this, and this is one of my darkest secrets, but the first F&F is what got me into imports. I was always into cars, but mainly corvettes, ferraris, whatever else 11 year olds deamed fast. Then I saw this movie and it opened me up to a whole new scene. I picked up the first magazine with a civic on the front that i could find. It happened to be Sport Compact Car, which then directed me to hate the movie that got me into these amazing vehicles.

So I guess, in a car sense, I am biting the hand that feeds me by hatin on fast an da furious.

Comment

thats no secret dude... its for like half the ppl on here..

Comment

Ironically, Sport Compact Car chose to "hate" the movie for this reason:

At the time, I was running NIRA, the National Import Racing Association...which was owned by Super Street magazine.

Being technical advisor to the movie, naturally, I lobbied to have Super Street support the movie, most notably to procure exclusive coverage rights for the behind the scenes stuff.

Sport Compact Car tried and tried and tried to get in there, but SS had it locked up. They ended up buying sneaky photos from some tool who did some gauge packages, then ran a story with all the wrong info.

They then went on to bash the movie to no end...but guess what? They turned right around and produce a line of toy cars theat replicated all of the cars from the movie.

Hypocrisy at its' finest. The man responsible? Jason Mulroney.

I have several friends at Sport Compact Car and bear them no will. You just have to understand that their stance was not necessarily a plot, just an attempt by one person to discredit something simplpy because he was not allowed to participate.

You'll see this in part 3, too. Trust me. Some magazines will pan it, others will embrace...depending upon who's allowed to cover it.

Comment

Well after reading that what is even more hilarious is how Super Street themselves bash TFTF to a pulp.

And werent they the ones with a whole little 10 page packet and such? But yet then now in their editorials and in their in articles on some cars they will either refer to TFTF basicalling meaning its rice or they will just straight up bash TFTF.

All the magazines now are against TFTF because its the cool thing...all the people who saw TFTF and thought it was awesome and such are hearing from people who have been racing for some time or are just hearing that TFTF is a dumb movie and is all rice. So they are agreeing cus they are followers nothing more.

oh and Craig "You Got Mail" in your cox.net account.

Comment

Agreed....the movie has changed in its' popularity. When it first came out, who among us saw it less than 4 times? Who didn't have it playing in their car's DVD player?

After dissecting it further, the movie's populariy fell, most notably after the second movie.

Since then, it has become a punchline, as has its' dialog. As the market matures, so too do its members...but the movie stays still. It may have been cool in 2001, but now, its' passe.

Let us pray that if indeed they do embrace drifting, this movie becomes a cross between The Last Samurai and Bullitt.

Comment

Craig please promise me if you help out with the third one...PLEASE dont let them butcher and just exploit drifting. I like not seeing Honda Civics with I Love Drifting stickers and trying to drift in public.

Comment

I'd be lying if I said I could promise that...even if I am asked to help, there's no guarantee that as an "ADVISOR," they'll listen to any of my advice on the important issues.

After all, all of these movies share one attribute: they are fictional works.

Let us pray together...

Do- RIFT-oh
                Do-RIFT-oh

Comment

haha ok atleast just tell them not to try and drift at 180mph.

And i guess all we can do is pray.
                  Do-RIFT-OH

And yea i totally understand that their fictional...we should make a reality racing movie that be crazy.

Comment

Working...
                  X