This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting from my point of view

People are often first skeptical of other people's opinions, but I hope everyone has a chance to listen out what I have on my mind. Drifting all derived from the first type of racing, Grip. People get the misconception that drifting requires much more skill than grip. The sport that derived it all was grip, began with the American cars. Sure, no one favors the American Cars, but they were the ones who began it all. Sure, their designs and methods of creating cars does not appeal to all forms of drivers including most of us, but you have to admit that they have some logic to their madness. But going back on subject, drifting was a mistake. Before Keiichi Tsuchiya, people have often sped in turns and have loss control, only to regain it by counter-steering their car, creating a sliding or as we say now "drifting" motion. And people say that drifting only involves rear-wheel drive cars, but there is no written law that states that a car must be rear-wheel drive to attempt a move such as 'drifting'. Drifting is just a made up sport, and people appeal to it, I once did too, but the sport has grown old. I personally believe that racecars aren't meant to waste tires, but to test the skill of the driver as well as the power of the car, and with these two things intertwining, they make a good combination. I've always saw drifting as a faster technique than that of the grip, but in true comparison, grip dominates over the drift. Well, it really depends on the driver as well as the technique of drifting, but overall, Grip is the victor against drift. Consider a front-wheel drive car with 200 horsepower against a 250 horsepower rear-wheel drive car with 250 horsepower and a ton of torque. Assuming that the rear-wheel drive car will drift each turn, it'll result in a decline of speed, but a higher RPM rate, whereas the front-wheel drive car hopefully will take a good line to carve through the corner with the Out-In-Out technique maneuvering at a high coinstantaneous speed, therefore continuing and improving the pace as it exits the turn. The car that is drifting will have a decline in speed, but a better acceleration, but what car will go faster? The car at a high pace and continuously raising it, or the car that has declined slightly in speed but will regain it slightly faster? It's like cars in gymkhana, cars that will drift will get slower times, whereas cars that will grip and tightly take turns with perfect lines will get the fastest times. I'm seeing drifting as not a sport no longer, but as a mistake, and the adulteration caused by the media isn't helping. In the future, grip races will be the type of races trying to be prolonged whereas a minor fad like this will eventually fade away. Let the flaming begin.

Do you work for import tuner or something?

Comment

Well I do not fully agree,
      Nor do I find a reason to flame you opinion like 90% of the other people on this site who are plane losers.
      Drifting to me is a sport, so therefor I disagree with your thoughts. But I am not totally ruling out that drifting started by accident. Heck it might have. The first drifting ever was by Keiichi in the video "pluspy", but he had to have gotten the ideo from somewhere else.
      So anyway good luck with your new sport. Later.

Comment

-Cheese from my point of view-

People are often skeptical of people's cheesepinions, but listen to what I have on my mind. Cheese is derived from the first dairy product: milk. Some people over-exposed their milk and therefore cheese began. ETC, something about the media hyping California cheese. Let the fonduing begin.

Or, what one guy thinks and doesn't really matter in the overall scheme of things but he's entitled to his opinion and I don't get the point of this thread.

Comment

"minor fad"

U should be flamed for that post!

Are u completely stupid u *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored*?
          Drifting is the most popular up and coming motor sport! There has been no other motorsport that has attracted this much attention and grow so rapidly.

Drifting is here to stay mate! I can't get over how stupid ur post is! FARK...

When i get some more time on my hands then i will complete what i have to say.

But i was never interested in motor sports till i came accross drifting, i think no matter what there will always be two sides to the fence grip and drift.

EVERYONE IN THSI FORUM FLAME THIS GUY! He openly criticised the sport we have come to love and mod our cars for.

P.S I think tougewarrior has no idea how long the sport has been active in japane before it reached the shores of the US. That alone shows his own stupidity. Drifting has become a national sport in japan and alot of people are involved in the drift culture. Keep also in mind how many *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing thousand people there are there.

Comment

Why is ur name even touge warrior???????????

U are *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* licking son of a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* of a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* sucking moron *Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* loving *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* .

Comment

no way dood grip is faster than drift!??!?!?! drifting is good because its FUN, not because its the fastest on the touge and will get you in some fake initial d girlies pants the quickest.

Comment

You... are a moron...

No, not the guy who started the thread... the guy above me (well, the guy above him).

Also, throttle steering and brake drifting has been around way longer than Mr. Tsuchiya and his pals have been sliding Hachiroku's around corners on Japanese mountain roads.

It really started decades before that (and not in Japan either), back when the tires used by racing cars sucked and the only way to get around a racetrack was to oversteer through the corners.

That was when they did it for a reason... the drifting as known to have started in Japan was done because it's cool, not because it's really that useful of a technique.

Comment

gwilo: calm down dude. No need to spam. Touge's been here longer than you have, you just don't know it.

Comment

Gwilo, What defines a motorsport? You come out of nowhere and state that this is only my opinion. Obviously some people understand, and those of ignorance, including you, don't. Drifting is still NOW a fad, and will eventually fade away, like the infamous street drag. It won't matter to me about your opinion, you know nothing, and you come out of nowhere and boast your so called "knowledge". You are nothing but an insolent profound fool that takes on a form of a mere chimp, and with the mind of a goldfish. Drifting is only meant for sheer pleasure, not for anything else. Drifting will not be an effective racing method, nor will it market anymore within the next 10 years. It is believed that it had been started with the Italian drivers and their ferraris, i'm not sure when. The only reason they did this is for show, not for speed uses. Ignorance does not equal bliss. And as for you Gwilo, this is one person's opinion, but hundreds may agree, I wouldn't know.
                    "EVERYONE IN THSI FORUM FLAME THIS GUY! He openly criticised the sport we have come to love and mod our cars for."
                    You guys mod your cars for performance, not just for drifting. I didn't criticize, i gave my OPEN opinion, and YOU don't understand the difference between OPINION and CRITICISM.

Why is ur name even touge warrior???????????

U are *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* licking son of a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*
                    of a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* sucking moron *Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* loving *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*

Shows that you are very immature, and lack the self-control. Shows your idiocy, your own self mocking, and you yourself being a dolt, lacking the knowledge taught from your mother and father, and lacking the knowledge of COMMON SENSE. Read between the lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X