Powertec V8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powertec V8!

perhaps the ultimate powerplant, a v8 constructed of two suzuki hayabasu engines. according the Sport Compact Car, the engine can fit in a 2'x2' and is only 18" deep.

enjoy:

"The Powertec RPA 2.6-litre V8 prototype number one has produced 363bhp at 10,300rpm on her second visit to the dyno. Maximum torque is 196ft lbs. at 7,000 rpm, but amazingly it is still 165ft lbs. at 4,000rpm and 180ft lbs. at 10,300rpm"

"The transmission system designed jointly by Radical's engine company, Powertec and Quaife Engineering has the same layout favoured by Porsche in their new Carrera GT V10 supercar. The gearbox weighs in at only 36.3kgs, and with the engine weighing only 92.6kgs, the V8 engine and transmission will be one of the lightest commercially available."

"The V8 will be available with a capacity of 2.0 litre, 2.6 litre, and 3.0 litres. Several advanced features have been designed into this compact V8. For example, the engine is available with optional twin counter-rotating balance shafts, making it ideal for road use as well as racing."

Dyno Chart

more details at

http://www.radicalextremesportscars....r/v8/index.php

Are u cowgirl enough?

Dude thats f*cking funny man, i like that!

Comment

That's one flat torque curve. Weow.

B-Wurm

Comment

300 something horses, and <200 ft lb.....how much is this again? i think ill just do a junkyard turbo on my ka.

Comment

nice power curve

Comment

The only bad thing about that motor is the tiny amount of torque. This is understandable because it is made for motorcycles that flip over when too much torque is given to the motor. Maybe they should hand over a prototype to some bus engine manufacturers or the good folk from AM General who made the original Humvee (180 hp and 450 lb/ft!!!!!). Either way it looks very promising.

Comment

Uberspeed,

Thats because they are diesel engines. 2004 Ford F-350 6.0L power stroke diesel has 325 hp and like 550 lb-ft of torque. diesel engines have phenomenal torque figures and spool turbos like nothing. My friend has gotten his truck up to 30 psi. of boost.

Comment

i think they only last like 30 hours tho

Comment

That motor makes as much torque as my camaro...

...if I dropped a cylinder or two.

Comment

Don't forget that the engine and transmission together weigh less than 290lbs, though.

That thing would be wicked to drop in an S13.

Comment

or a go kart.

Comment

but how would you like to rebuild it every 30 hours?

Comment

I would be perfectly happy to rebuild it after 30 hours of go-kart use...

...it would mean I was still alive to do so

Comment

nick.

it's called a "racing engine"

when racing is used as a prefix, it means "very fast, very expensive, and high maintenence". It's totally interchangable.

Comment

Working...
                            X