No announcement yet.

V.I.P. Style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIP Style is more a culture more than a style. What makes a VIP Car is the car itself. Using Aristos, Celsiors, Majestas, Crowns, Presidents, Cimas, Centurys, and other high end Japanese car is usually what makes it VIP. Not really how you fix it up. If you ask different companies what VIP is, you will get different answer. Junction Produce will have a different idea of what VIP Style is rather another VIP Style company. Junction Produce would think a VIP Style car is one that a Yakuza member drives.

VIP Style has been around for years in Japan. To say they are copying what rappers or pimps do is pretty much saying that we should give those sideshow guys credit for drifting... Its apples and oranges. Its sick that those guys in the 70s fixed up their caddys and all, but VIP Style isn't about showing their bling, just about showing rebellious spirit. The DUB movement here is different than what the VIP Style is. Junction Produce has been open for more than a few years now, and they were in the forefront of VIP Style movement.

here is the Junction Produce USA Demo Car

another site that was recently made for the VIP Style is www.vipstylecars.com . Check out the forums to see discussions about what VIP Style is...
    Last edited by JunctionProduce; 03-13-2004, 11:53 AM.

Comment

VIP doesnt nessicarily drift, but there are some VIP styled cars that do drift

Comment

VIP style is about improving looks but also a few performance upgrades are added like exhuast and wheels/tires. In the US the upgrades to the Caddys and other gansta rides are huge rims and mega stereo systems that add greatly to the weight of the vehicle, whereas Vip style mods actually help performance a little. Personally it's all about what you can't have, the kids in Japan are all over FNF and rappers for some reason.

Comment

Alright I think I'm starting to get it now. Thanks for all the info and pics. I appreciate it.

JunctionProduce, are there any shots of the interior on that car? Or maybe under the hood?

Comment

I've kept it pretty simple under the hood and in the interior. Few TVs here and there, Junction Produce/Recaro Baby Seat. As for the motor, pretty simple as well. I still drive the car daily, so just want to keep some of the amenities here and there.

I gotta find some motor pics.. not missing anything tho.

Comment

According to the owner of Junction Produce VIP is getting a car that most people wouldn't normally modify (luxury vehicle) and modifying it. O_o Saying they modify it for performance isnt really true. I think its pretty much pimping out a high end luxury car. O_o

Comment

Expensive rice?

well eitherway its not really my taste, and it seems to come into contrast with the normal drifting 'look'

sence most the drifters i know arent exactly rich and they cant waist money on visual enhancements.

Comment

there are some VIP Style cars that can be called "ricey" but what trend of car styling doesn't have its share of rice? Take a look at a few of the VIP Style cars out there. Some of them are completely "ricey" but there are also a lot that are done up very nicely and clean. (example, the GS400 that I posted earlier) I honestly do not think my GS400 is ricey at all. to each their own.

Comment

nah that 400 is pretty clean. it does indeed look nice.

Comment

When I get old I am probably going to be sporting the VIP style. Well atleast I hope.

Comment

For all of u ppl who keep trying to explain wat VIP is just read this omg http://velocity.isfaster.com/vip/vip.htm

Comment

and I havnt seen one real VIP car here yet.

Do any of you know what a yanki is? Yankis back in the day drove cedrick and leopords. They crussed with curtains in the windows and Addzest stickers on there windshield. From that the boom turned to Crowns with big molded wings crazy ofset tires and wheels covered by sickly fender flares. Exaust tips were minimum of 1 meater long and stuck straight up. As time and machines changed these 20 somethings had ways to get more money and buy more expensive cars. I have built a few of these and the base price on some of these cars started at 40k and they have added another 50k dallin them up. Fully pleated leather interiors. 7-8 k wheels and tires. audio and neon that would make Sanghai shutter. and bumbers thad would crush a ant. With all this there is one more thing that most of them want Air Suspension. not just for ride nd comfort but to get these bulki things in and out of parking lots. This isnt a good pic but the car is a president the top of the line nissan this thing is full blown VIP statis with air and the works. The car new cost 100k.
                          Attached Files

Comment

doesnt monkey man (i forget his real name) drift a vip styled skyline?

Comment

no

Comment

His name is Ken Nomura, more commonly known as Nomuken, and, no, his skylin eis not VIP styled. It's white with huge blue decals, not the subdued "Mafia" look of VIP cars.

Comment

Working...
                                X