• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supra

is the 1984 supra a rear wheel drive car

Yes.

Google is your friend.

Comment

Pretty sure all the supras and celica-supras were...?

Comment

celica-supras are FR.

Comment

since the supra is low power should i put a turbo in my car

Comment

So, you want to drop a turbo in the celica-supra?
            Cool...
            But are you new to drifting? I also have a Celica-Supra and I can get the back end to come out just fine. I would reccomend if you are new to get used to the car first, before putting in the turbo because it can make it harder to drift.

But the cheapest way to make that thing a good drifter is just get rid of those 225's and put in some 195's.
            Once you drop in some nice 225's that car is glued, but with some 195's that 160hp will be more than enough to drift.

Also keep in mind that wider tires are more likely to hydroplane. So if you are going to be playing in the rain...

Oh, ya and go to http://www.celicasupra.com

Have fun! and be safe damnit

Comment

i dont know much but i thought all supra's were fr?

Comment

k thatnk for thr info

Comment

Supra's define the term SEX ON WHEELS, But the cons are the supra doesn't have the revability like a SILVIA, SKYLINE or RX7.

Though the 2JZDETT series inline 6 engines are stronger and more reliable than any RB20, 25, 26 series engines nissan has
                  offered.

Supra's rev limit at 6600 rpm As where the skyline's rev right out to 8000 rpm. The Veilside drag/combat R32 GTR rev's right out to 12000 rpm. Silvias do 8300 rpms. RX7's will do 22000 rpms coz its built for it litteraly.
                  Last edited by ; 11-16-2004, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Much easier to rev things in a constant direction (rotary) then change their momentum (engine)

Comment

I think RX7s are really rev-happy.

Isn't one turn of the rotor = 3 revolutions on the crankshaft?

Comment

Ive never really seen a rotary engine rev to 22000 rpms...that just seems a little high to me, but if you say so. It could probably be done i guess.

Comment

According to some information ive seen before and was posted here mazda tested the 12 and 13b engines, they hit 30 some thousand before they went out. Keep in mind rotaries only have 3 moving parts (4 for the 3 rotor)

Comment

Originally posted by SidewaysGts
                            According to some information ive seen before and was posted here mazda tested the 12 and 13b engines, they hit 30 some thousand before they went out. Keep in mind rotaries only have 3 moving parts (4 for the 3 rotor)

Hey guys can you imagine an RX7 Fully mod'ed up to 1200HP
                            Screaming past in an illegal street race up on the main roads doing 30000rpms, I SAY GODDAMN WHAT A RUSH.
                            LOL

R R R R R R R R RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, PTCCCHH
                            Last edited by ; 11-17-2004, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by s15-spec-R
                              i dont know much but i thought all supra's were fr?
                              Yes they were all built FR otherwise it wouldn't be a supra.

Comment

Working...
                              X