360's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360's

I've seen Sam Hubinette do them, I've seen Mike Peters do them . . . I want to do them. I feel like I did pretty well after my last track day and I'm feeling a touch brave, so . . .

. . . how do you do it?

Spin the car in a complete circle while drifting.

you asked.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron View Post
      Spin the car in a complete circle while drifting.

you asked.
      Well . . . yeah. I guess that was kind of a dumb question.

Let me rephrase. Is there any trick to doing it smoothly? Or is it really just throwing the car into a spin and letting it do all the work . . .

Comment

throw it hard and after it rotates so the rear wheels start to point the other way let off the throttle completely.. feel it out.. when its far enough around you can get on the gas again to push it the rest of the way

Comment

I do it all the time by accident lol but I can never do it when I want to

Comment

Originally posted by cfrost View Post
            throw it hard and after it rotates so the rear wheels start to point the other way let off the throttle completely.. feel it out.. when its far enough around you can get on the gas again to push it the rest of the way
            That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Colin.

Comment

You should also counter-steer the wheel the opposite direction of where you are moving. That should also allow the car to completely spin around with less resistance.

Comment

Watch Tiff Needell's burning rubber. He walks through it half way decently, along with a bunch of other tricks.

Google video:
                http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...79849418629011

It's a good watch just for the driving. I personally like it more than 'Drift Bible'.

Comment

Originally posted by eomund240 View Post
                  Watch Tiff Needell's burning rubber. He walks through it half way decently, along with a bunch of other tricks.

Google video:

It's a good watch just for the driving. I personally like it more than 'Drift Bible'.
                  I think that the front engine front wheel drive segment in that film has some tips on doing 180's and flinging the car around.

Comment

Just watch the video before commenting on it. He deals with full 360's, 180's, FR, FF, 4WD and all sorts of stunt driving. The move mentioned by soldat is actually covered in the first part of it and can actually be done in just about any car, no matter the drivetrain.

Comment

Google video:

Thanks, eomund. I'll check that out later when I get home . . . 'cause I don't do stuff like watch videos and browse forums while I'm at work . . . 'cause I'm a model employee like that . . .

Now, if you don't mind, I need to finish up this order I'm working on before I go home for the day.

Comment

Just watch the video before commenting on it. He deals with full 360's, 180's, FR, FF, 4WD and all sorts of stunt driving. The move mentioned by soldat is actually covered in the first part of it and can actually be done in just about any car, no matter the drivetrain.
                        Sorry, but by the way, was this part of top gear?

Comment

You didn't watch the video did you?

Tiff Needell writes for Top Gear magazine, but hosts 5th gear, not Top Gear. And no, this is a separate production from 5th Gear.

And to stop people in their tracks, yes Tiff used to work on the Top Gear show looong before Clarkson, Hammond and May (also that other fat car salesman guy) started.

Originally posted by Soldat View Post
                          Thanks, eomund. I'll check that out later when I get home . . . 'cause I don't do stuff like watch videos and browse forums while I'm at work . . . 'cause I'm a model employee like that . . .

Now, if you don't mind, I need to finish up this order I'm working on before I go home for the day.
                          Hahahahahahahaha! I didn't intend for you to watch it at work. And yes, I mess around at work
                          Last edited by eomund240; 06-18-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Yeah and Tiff was at one time a Formula 1 driver soo he knows his *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* about driving.

Comment

You didn't watch the video did you?
                              I have watched bits and pieces of it before on youtube. Of the ford puma drifting, of the BMW drifting, of the all wheel drives drifting, but no, I didn't watch the video from that direct link. My proper computer died and I am using an old desktop, it lags a lot when I try to watch a video.

Comment

Working...
                              X