New kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New kid

My name is Joey I am new to these forums so I figured I would introduce myself. I'm 16 and I live in Oklahoma, I've loved cars ever since I can remember and have loved drifting since I was 10 or 11. I have read and posted on many different automotive forums for many years and have research alot dealing with drifting. I really don't know where I got my love for drifting or really where I first learned about it I can't remember but I have been hooked ever since. I have read alot about drifting watch every video I could of or about it and seen Tokyo drift close to 100 times ( please no flame on that one). I've seen some initial d stuff and have several books, try not to hate on that either it's good stuff when you can't drive.I can drive now and love it but my current and first car is a 91 civic hatch I was kind of forced into it in a way but I have the money now and I am looking at a 92 240sx that's a red 5 speed. It's in good condition from what the pictures show but it has almost 200k miles on it but i'll have to see what I looks like when I get to see it in person. I have wanted a 240 for many years exspecially an s13 and I have researched and it seems that everyone says that power isn't as important as the suspention and the handling of the car and first thing I plan on getting is a decent set of coilovers and maybe swaybars. I hope I'm on the right track I'm pretty sure I am. I have all but no experience in drifting all the cars I've driven were fwd but my dad has a 96 avenger ( basically a v6 eclipse ) and i've drifted well ok I slid around in a parking lot quit a bit in it. Up untill now I have gotten my drift fix from video games and such but I can do it for real now so I wanna start off right. I know I guess quit a bit about good drift cars and what you need to start drifting like coils, LSD, etc. I join these forums to get more seriouse about it and I plan on buying some of the books on this site. Well I guess that my unorganized intro, I would like if anyone who lives in oklahoma to pm me I know nobody in the tuner/drift whatever community. Umm I guess I've said it all uh I love to talk about cars and anyone can look me up on facebook and add me, pm me, or email me. I look forward to posting on here and learning to drift in the real world. And I know most important thing is practice not modifying the car.

P.S. The phrase " I'd rather be drifting" pretty much describes my life.
Working...
X