ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much it will cost to make drift car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much it will cost to make drift car?

uhhhh ok...
    i only have most basic knowledge of cars/parts and not at all at tuning.

i just want to ask you guys how much it will cost me to make drfting car if i can....

currently i have 2003 honda accord.

is this car could be upgraded for drifting?

if it could, can you just estimate of how much it will cost me to make drift car out of this one.

ty.

Is it a FWD? If so, you would have to change that which is probably something you wouldn't want to do.

Comment

buy a rwd car..learn to drift...spend 20 grand...learn to drift again lol

Comment

FWD.... No good for drifting... All though.. I remember back in the day with my 92 Suzki swift FWD 30HP.... I some good times on wet roads...Yank the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of the E-brake and let her slide

Comment

.... I did not even type anything bad?

Comment

Originally posted by rusticmeattank View Post
            .... I did not even type anything bad?
            I thought the same thing with some words I chose but read the Moderator section! lol

A learner drift car doesn't have to be expensive, you can just start with a RWD car at your local drift practice area where ever that might be and have a play... you'll love it! then just progress upwards, sure people will help with advise from then on, even the pro's are learn as they go from car to car but they do make it look very very easy

My guess at top learner cars
            200sx (240sx 180sx) nissan silvia's are pretty cheap too.
            old skool BMW's
            Mazda mx5's (Miata I think you might call em)
            Mazda RX7's, Toyota supra's ect ect

Comment

Best to buy a cheap rwd car you're not going to care about destroying.

Weld the diff, add some suspension, slap some spacers on the tie rods and just beat the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of it.

If you're going all out with a somewhat proper build, it's going to cost a good bit of money. It depends on how far you're willing to go.

Comment

Originally posted by NoPistons! View Post
                Best to buy a cheap rwd car you're not going to care about destroying.

Weld the diff, add some suspension, slap some spacers on the tie rods.
                Yeah, this. Don't get sucked in to building a big-money, big-power car until you can drift well and to drift well all you need is a RWD car and practise. One of Britain's best drifters started with a standard Sierra (130bhp, comedy boat-spec suspension) and didn't weld the diff for 10 months. As I say, he's now one of Britain's best (check his YouTube video, Mike Gaynor 2008 promo). Buy the cheapest, most reliable car you can and just get out there and do it.

My E30 BMW has been given death for two years and still hasn't broken down on me, if I spent more time driving it I'd be pretty good by now!
                Last edited by Boyracer; 05-29-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

not much spent 3.5K including car though, so far sways coilovers and rx7 lsd on my miata. Now heading into turbo route so another thousand

Comment

My car was £500 (about $750 I think) and I got the diff welded for free by a friend. After two or three years only now have I learnt enough that the suspension is holding me back. Less than a hundred bucks and I'll be good for another year or so.

As I'm trying to show you can learn to drift real cheap, and the best thing is often the less you spend the more you learn. I wouldn't have the weight-shift chops I do now if I didn't have to fight my suspension so hard.

Comment

I think you should do some more research on drifting and what it is before trying to drift, dont start threads about it, just start reading first. you cant really be wanting to drift if you dont even understand what it entails.

Comment

If your new to drifting .. i wouldnt look into right off the bat building a FULL drift machine. drifting is very expensive..... you have to keep things in mind....
                        you will need lots of tires, you will always have a time where you crash or bump into a barrier and break something.

With that being said, i suggest you dont modify everything untill you get the feel of drifting before you spend a *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* load of money on nice parts and break em from inexperience.

cars that i think are good drift cars in this order.

1. nissan 240sx s13
                        2. nissan 240sx s14
                        3. 1986 toyota corolla

Also IMO more hp you got the easier it is to drift, but for instance if you buy a stock s13 and just do simple cheap stuff like strut tower bars front and back, suspension, and maybe full exhaust you can practice and then when you do turbo it youll notice its suddenly much easier. also, if you get a 240 sx try to make sure its not ka24e, i have a ka24e and it takes quite alot to make them fun for drifting. i had to fully build mine from bottom to top and boosted it and it wasnt cheap. just getting a ka24de and then boosting that would most likely be much more reliable and hp capable.

Good look on your future car/build.

Comment

Working...
                        X